5.0 out of 5 stars good light
This is a great light and it is good because of the ability to fit in two sockets if need be. The light emitted does take a little time to get use too.
Published 15 months ago by Cody Glad

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 200 Lumens
Published on June 26, 2011 by Sam

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 200 Lumens, June 26, 2011
This review is from: Onite E14 E12 LED Candelabra Light Bulb, Sharp bulb, Wall light, 110V 3W Warm White, Silvery + Free E12 to E14 Lamp socket transform Adapter, perfectly fit your holder
This is a fine little led array if you want warm white (no noticeable blue) but is only about as bright as 67 lumen array I got at Lowes and not nearly as bright as 120 lumen Phillips gu10 I have. To be fair this one does light a little larger area than my 67 lumen array so perhaps it is putting out about 100 - but nowhere near 200 as advertised. Decent price so it still gets 3 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent Build Quality, universal voltage feature has limits, February 20, 2013
I purchased 4 to test in my European chandelier (E14 sized sockets)that is now in my 120Volt house. They worked well. The next batch of 4 were another story. The bases were loose from the rest of the bulb. It screws in, but I can't be sure this is the only problem. Also the universal voltage feature does not seem to work once you have more than 4 in the same fixture. If I use more than 4 they all blink on and off. I am checking to see if the switch gear is the problem, but the switch gear supports 8x40 watt incandescent bulbs with no problem, so I doubt this is the case.

My recommendation is to go slowly and test them to make sure that they work before committing to eight or 16 for a 120 Volt chandelier application.

1.0 out of 5 stars blew out, July 8, 2013
Worked ok to start, then failed with black smoke and bad smell after only a month. Burned out adapter, debris left in lamp.

5.0 out of 5 stars good light, May 29, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned to Amazon, April 20, 2013
I purchased these to fit into a crystal chandlier in my entryway. Unlike most candelabra bases I see in stores, this one isn't frosted, and has a pretty clear plastic light pipe on top to give a kind of bare buld apperance.
Unfortunately, the third bulb I placed in the light immediately blew out, toxic smoke poured out (O.K. perhaps just non-toxic smoke, and not a lot.), and on removing, it had burned through the e14-e12 adapter. (For some reason, I turn off light, install one bulb, turn on light, check, repeat process... [probably OCD]).
I suspect a wiring fault, because I noticed that in all the lights I opened, the base and cover were not screwed tightly together.
I am still in the market for LED candelabra replacements, so someone with a good recommendation, feel free to leave me a comment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste money, June 7, 2014
looks like cheap and the light is too poor i bought 3 and two of them shut down when plug in, bad quality

3.0 out of 5 stars 10% immediate failure. 30% mid term failure. Very cheap. Pretty when they work., February 4, 2014
We bought these one year ago. The reason for choosing them was that we had a hanging lamp that we bought in Turkey and the size of the screw bases in that lamp are not the same as those sold in the United States.

The good is that the color temperature is excellent, warm for an LED lamp. It reads like a slightly hot incandescent lamp, which is what I tend to like.

The bad is that the LED is very close to the end of the lamp envelope. This means that the light isn't coming from the middle of the shape of the bulb. Instead it is coming from the end or the tip of the unit. Which almost caused problems for us as we have metal caps on the bottom of our lamp shades. Still it ended up working out fine except for the reliability issues.

The price was good at about 10 USD per item but one of them failed immediately out of the box and the second failed about a week later. Over the next few months we eventually saw the intermittent operation of one more. The company sent us a replacement for the first one, we haven't gotten another for the second and the third flicker on and off every now and then.

The problem is that these were very inexpensive and I am starting to realise that "inexpensive" is code for "made in china with no quality control." So I am not angry about it but I am a bit disappointed as my beautiful lamp still isn't working properly but I have been beaten down a bit by stuff not working out of the box. I would rather pay an extra dollar and "know" that I won't eventually have 30% failures in my particular batch of these items.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lifespan too short, January 24, 2014
In August 2012 I purchased three of these bulbs to shine all night each night in an external entryway chandelier. They produced fairly dim, but almost acceptable light and the adapters worked for my fixture. After a year and a half of use, however, all three had failed. It seems like a 'lifetime' issue since they failed within a month or two of each other. I replaced these bulbs with MUCH brighter, much cheaper 7 watt LED bulbs from one of the box stores indicated (on the box) to have a MUCH longer life span therefore I would not recommend purchasing these Onite bulbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fie Replacement.., December 30, 2013
I used this in my garage and idt works great. It's very bright and doesn't seem to come on t a lower light as soon as it's turned on. I had 40 watt incandescent in the socket before; this provides much brighter light.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really green tint - not warm white, September 20, 2013
5 Ideas (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This bulb seems to work well enough. It doesn't dim at all, but that's true of most LED bulbs. The big issue that I have is the green tint to the light. It is nowhere near a warm white. It's just green.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›