Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 26, 2011
This is a fine little led array if you want warm white (no noticeable blue) but is only about as bright as 67 lumen array I got at Lowes and not nearly as bright as 120 lumen Phillips gu10 I have. To be fair this one does light a little larger area than my 67 lumen array so perhaps it is putting out about 100 - but nowhere near 200 as advertised. Decent price so it still gets 3 stars.
on February 20, 2013
I purchased 4 to test in my European chandelier (E14 sized sockets)that is now in my 120Volt house. They worked well. The next batch of 4 were another story. The bases were loose from the rest of the bulb. It screws in, but I can't be sure this is the only problem. Also the universal voltage feature does not seem to work once you have more than 4 in the same fixture. If I use more than 4 they all blink on and off. I am checking to see if the switch gear is the problem, but the switch gear supports 8x40 watt incandescent bulbs with no problem, so I doubt this is the case.

My recommendation is to go slowly and test them to make sure that they work before committing to eight or 16 for a 120 Volt chandelier application.
on April 20, 2013
I purchased these to fit into a crystal chandlier in my entryway. Unlike most candelabra bases I see in stores, this one isn't frosted, and has a pretty clear plastic light pipe on top to give a kind of bare buld apperance.
Unfortunately, the third bulb I placed in the light immediately blew out, toxic smoke poured out (O.K. perhaps just non-toxic smoke, and not a lot.), and on removing, it had burned through the e14-e12 adapter. (For some reason, I turn off light, install one bulb, turn on light, check, repeat process... [probably OCD]).
I suspect a wiring fault, because I noticed that in all the lights I opened, the base and cover were not screwed tightly together.
I am still in the market for LED candelabra replacements, so someone with a good recommendation, feel free to leave me a comment.
on May 13, 2013
These bulbs work well...about 15% of the time. I bought two and they both act the same, that is, they like to flash on and off on their own accord. They will do this all night. Sometimes one lights but rarely both. As I have seen others having similar problems I can only assume they are extremely sensitive to electrical variation. Too sensitive for use as I am using the in different fixtures. I'd like to try a different circuit.

In truth, I'd like a good bulb!
on January 24, 2014
In August 2012 I purchased three of these bulbs to shine all night each night in an external entryway chandelier. They produced fairly dim, but almost acceptable light and the adapters worked for my fixture. After a year and a half of use, however, all three had failed. It seems like a 'lifetime' issue since they failed within a month or two of each other. I replaced these bulbs with MUCH brighter, much cheaper 7 watt LED bulbs from one of the box stores indicated (on the box) to have a MUCH longer life span therefore I would not recommend purchasing these Onite bulbs.
on May 3, 2013
I purchased several of these and the adapter was in the box with no issues with putting it on for my lamps. The light is bright and instant on and off.

I doubt I'll see the end of these bulbs life as the lamps they are in are more for aesthetics in the room than for use.
on September 20, 2013
This bulb seems to work well enough. It doesn't dim at all, but that's true of most LED bulbs. The big issue that I have is the green tint to the light. It is nowhere near a warm white. It's just green.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2014
The light is Very blue. I personally wouldn't use this for anything that wasn't a garage or perhaps an attic. Not good light for regular living conditions. Oh, but it is REALLY bright with very little power consumption.
on November 7, 2012
I purchased eight of these bulbs to replace 5W CFL candelabras which did not provide sufficient overall light. These are used in my main overhead chandelier lamp in my modest-sized living room; the light is much better than that provided by the CFL's. As an added bonus, I get this for 24 watts total compared to 40 watts with the CFL's. I worried a little about having to use the thread adapters but everything looks fine.
on December 30, 2013
I used this in my garage and idt works great. It's very bright and doesn't seem to come on t a lower light as soon as it's turned on. I had 40 watt incandescent in the socket before; this provides much brighter light.

See 1 answered question