Onkyo ht s 5400 system question Need help, would like to buy this system, but would like to use 5.1 in living room and 2 speakers on the deck. Can this system do this and allow me to not have the deck speakers playing while watching tv inside, in other words be able to switch to the deck when outside. I know I will need to buy deck speakers, but if you know if this will do what I want, please let me know...any help is appreciated.
asked by Amazon Customer on July 24, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
This model does not have a powered zone 2. Look at the 7400 or higher system for that added functionality. Not sure if they provide for a separate source for the second zone or not, so research carefully prior to your purchase...best of luck on what ever system you purchase.
DB answered on September 26, 2011

A
votes
I've never had the desire to do anything like that with my 5400, but I'm pretty sure you can't simply swap between 5.1 and 2, if that's what you're asking. One option I suppose would be to do mono or full stereo on all channels, but that means the speakers would still be active in the living room.
Adrift answered on August 6, 2011

A
votes
I'm sure it's too late for you, but if anyone else is wondering, no, it doesn't support a second zone.
K. Hudson answered on December 2, 2011

A
votes
Hello, Jason, This system does not give you that, as others have told you, BUT try getting last year's equivalent, the 5300 and you'll have all 7.1 capability in your living room PLUS the Zone 2 option for the same (or even lower?) cost!! I think they forfitted one thing to give us 5400 owners other added features, so check first what you may be missing out on! Happy trails!
Carlos Duran Medina answered on December 9, 2011

A
votes
I am having an issue with my 5400. Worked great out of the box for about 3 months....Then the video started flickering, then would go black for about 5-10 seconds then come back. (very annoying when watching sports!). anyone have any ideas?
Bradley Colburn answered on April 2, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›