Questions & Answers
Onkyo C-7030 Compact Disc Player (Black)
by Onkyo
4.5 out of 5 stars (335)
$166.58
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 138 questions
vote
no there is no volume/gain control on the remote. i use my preamp's remote for volume.
Apr 19, 2014 by kp
vote
The 7030's D/A conversion is excellent. I hooked mine up to the analog inputs (>100db A s/n) of my recycled old 6.0 a/v receiver with 3 ft KabelDirekt RCA/RCA, a big $12 via Prime. Works great! Save your digital inputs for BD, etc.
Jul 3, 2014 by J. R. Tow
votes
how is the sound? Jul 25, 2014
The sound is very good, rich and musical...much above its price point. This player is a good value.
Jul 25, 2014 by Feeney
votes
Being a "purist," I would have to say go with the Onkyo CD player. Trying to be more practical for you, my answer has to be the dreaded "it depends." It depends on your hearing, how much you actually listen and pay attention, what are your listening conditions? For example are you in the kitchen with the dishwasher running, while the speakers are in the living room, etc. in that case you probably won't notice any difference. If you are actually going to sit between the speakers and listen to it you should hear better sound from the dedicated CD player. Also, are you playing actual WAV format CDs through your MacBook, or are they ripped MP3 or other compressed format files? If it is the latter, you probably won't notice a difference. Finally, weigh the elegance of using your MacBook in say, a small apartment where you are not cluttered with a bunch of stuff against having the CD player connected and not having to connect and disconnect your laptop every time you want to play music. In other words, I have no idea (!) and I have rambled on long enough.
Sep 23, 2014 by Craig
votes
No, it's a single disc cassette player
Jan 21, 2014 by Kenneth Heise
votes
Onkyo sound system remote will run the cd player..a cable comes with the cd to link the two together for remote operation.
Jan 2, 2014 by Jerry Kinder
votes
votes
Yes. Unit also includes cheap stereo RCA cable.
Sep 24, 2014 by D. Wickland
votes
shuffle mode? Apr 18, 2014
The remote has a 'random' button, which plays the cd in random order. While stopped, press 'random', then 'play'. AFAIK, it does not loop (i.e. run continuously)'. You can use the 'memory' function to set up your own play order, omit tracks, etc. You can also use the 'memory
Apr 18, 2014 by Baber
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   14   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers