- Item Weight: 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2.3 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B001AMY8MI
- Item model number: DSA3
- Average Customer Review: 32 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #383,471 in Cell Phones & Accessories (See Top 100 in Cell Phones & Accessories) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Onkyo DS-A3 Universal iPod Dock (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Remote Control via Onkyos Remote Interactive System
- Control and extra functionality through dedicated remote control
- Video Playback and Photo Slide Shows via Component Video Output (iPod touch Support 480i and 576i; and iPod classic Supports 480p and 576p)
- Compatible with iPod touch
- Track lists and song information displayed via onscreen display
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The DS-A3 dock is plastic and has a flat-black appearance and a moderate amount of heft (weight) to it. I'll come to that later when I talk about connecting/disconnecting the iPod with the dock. It comes with a remote control, though most features can be handled via the Ri interface (Onkyo's inter-device protocol) and the receiver's remote. The device came shipped with all cables needed. There is a red-white-yellow bundle of RCA cables (about 3') to carry L-R audio and composite video. As an alternate video output, there's a headphone-type jack and a cable that plugs in to it that at the other end spreads out to 3 RCA component video connectors (I'm using the single, yellow composite). Also in the back is a power input for the included 5v DC power adapter, as well as a male-male cable similar to headphone cable used for the Onkyo Ri interface.
The bottom of the dock area is flat and roomy, with the exception of the iPod-compatible male electrical/mechanical connector.Read more ›
The on screen display is VERY average though. Easy to navigate, but looks very bad. But still good to be able to watch the videos I have on the iPod on my TV.
It's solid and it also looks very nice on the furniture.
Only downside (and why a 4 star rather than 5) is that the remote control is less than intuitive. It's simple but and it has all functions that one could think of but it feels like somebody threw the buttons ranmdomly.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm docking it one star as the RIHD cable (1/8" male mono to 1/8" male mono) that should have been included was not.Published 12 months ago by Bert Schneider
It works and its compact. Not much more to say. Not too difficult to set up. Seem so keep the IPod charged up just fine.Published on January 6, 2013 by Lalani
i got this mostly to use as a charging station for iphones and ipods within my living room, it works very nicely and plays music very well...Published on November 11, 2012 by ojwerks
Currently for the same price there are options with digital output for the sound too. I am one of those who loves iPods portability but hates its internal DAC capability. Read morePublished on January 6, 2012 by Luis G. Rodriguez
I bought the earlier version (DS-2AX), but all the features look the same and the remote is identical. Read morePublished on September 29, 2011 by TheTunerGuy
very nice and work well with my Ipod touch however this product should come with HDMI feature.
The price is a bit high that is why I expect more but everything is good... Read more
I was hoping for much more. As addressed in other reviews, the quality of on-screen graphics is poor. I am not able to get my 4th generation classic iPod to work correctly. Read morePublished on May 6, 2011 by Ron
The dock has been working well for several months. I have been using an iPod touch to play music on my receiver.Published on May 6, 2011 by D. Larson