- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Onkyo HT-S3400 5.1 Channel Home Theater (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Installing customer-supplied audio/video devices
- Programming new home theater remote, if applicable
- Unit testing and clean up
- Providing use, care and cleaning instructions
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- 110 Watts per Channel at 6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 Channel Driven, FTC
- 4 HDMI Inputs and 1 Output, HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, LipSync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio
- Easy to Use On screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- HD Audio Decoding
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for Loudness Correction
- Full-featured AV receiver coupled with a quality six-piece speaker set
- 4 HDMI inputs and 1 output, with HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, LipSync, and more
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Taking the hassle out of home theater, Onkyo presents the HT-S3400 package: a full-featured A/V receiver coupled with a quality six-piece speaker set. To handle the latest Blu-ray, gaming, and cable/satellite devices, the receiver sports four new HDMI inputs. HDMI opens the way to lossless, high-definition audio from Dolby and DTS, as well as immersive new 3D video content. It also supports a convenient Audio Return Channel from a compatible HDTV back to the receiver.
Handy analog audio and video inputs on the receiver's front panel make it easy to hook up your video camera or game console. And rounding out the connection highlights is a Universal Port that lets you connect peripherals such as an optional iPod /iPhone dock. Audyssey equalization filters work to optimize your audio experience, while an overlaid on-screen display allows seamless adjustment of the system’s settings during a session. A superbly balanced 5.1-channel speaker set completes the package.
Connectivity and Power at a Great Value
This 5.1-channel home theater system dishes out all the entertainment you can handle. Equipped with four HDMI v1.4 inputs and one HDMI output, this Onkyo home theater system is capable of handling all your 3D connectivity needs. HDMI v1.4 transmits Full HD 1080p video, studio-quality multichannel surround sound, and high-definition 3D content, all along a single cable. The HT-S3400 is ideal for integrating all of your 3D components into a seamless home theater system. And HDMI v1.4 sports an audio return channel, which means you can send any audio signal received directly by your HDTV back to the HT-S3400 and your home audio system via the same cable that's feeding video to the TV. (A compatible HDMI cable is required, sold separately.) When you're enjoying your latest 3D Blu-ray movie, you can also expect the highest quality audio from the receiver in the HT S3400; it incorporates Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-Master Audio decoding, so you'll hear full, uncompressed surround sound through the 5.1-channel speaker system.
Satisfying Speaker Performance
With the HT-S3400, you can easily play a huge variety of audio including true surround sound from Blu-ray movies, your own playlists from your iPod or iPhone (using the optional dock), and even DVD-Audio or SACD discs. The speakers included in the HTS3400 home theater system are a solid choice for any of your audio. Featuring two fronts, two surrounds, and a center-channel, all with 3.25" cone woofers, you'll hear balanced acoustics and precise reproduction to bring life to your movies, music, and games.
What's in the Box?
Onkyo AV receiver HTP-390, 2 SKF-390N front channel speakers, 1 SKC-390N center speaker, 2 SKR-390 surround speakers, 1 SKW-390 subwoofer, remote control with batteries, indoor FM antenna, AM loop antenna, color-coded speaker cables, RCA cable for subwoofer connection, instruction manual, quick set-up guide, warranty.
- Power Output: 660W (110W x 5 channels + 130W subwoofer)
- Audio decoders: Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD-Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- Tuner: AM/FM
- Tuner presets: 40
- Inputs: 4 x HDMI, 2 x optical, 1 x coaxial, 6 x RCA analog, 2 x component video, 2 x composite video
- Outputs: 1 x HDMI, 2 x composite video, 1 x RCA analog
- Receiver dimensions: 17.13" x 5.88" x 12.94"
- Receiver weight: 16.5 lbs
- Front speaker dimensions: 4.00" x 9.13" x 4.69"
- Front speaker weight: 1.8 lbs
- Center channel speaker dimensions: 9.06" x 4.06" x 4.50"
- Center channel speaker weight: 1.8 lbs
- Surround speaker dimensions: 4.00" x 6.31" x 4.50"
- Surround speaker weight: 1.5 lbs
- Subwoofer dimensions: 11.63" x 13.56" x 14.50"
- Subwoofer weight: 14.1 lbs
Top Customer Reviews
My only con would be the "keyhole" on the back of the speakers that is used for mounting. I would have preferred a threaded hole or a latch rather than just using a screw through a keyhole mounted on the wall.
That all said, I recommend this Home Theater to anyone looking for a quality entry level system for a small to medium sized room. I also think the receiver alone is worth $299. Tons of inputs and plenty of settings to please even the pickiest audiofile.
These speakers are good for a small to medium size room. Don't buy these for a big living room.
The surround sound works good on these things, and the receiver has plenty of modes for whatever you're watching.
Subwoofer is huge(seriously) and is passive meaning that it gets its power from the receiver which is not the best thing in the world. The HT-S5400 however, has a subwoofer that isn't passive meaning that you'll get louder, stronger "booms"
This system also has no USB ports for connecting your iPod/iPhone. The HT-S5400 7.1 Channel does however. This also doesn't have a mic which means that it can't exactly balance voices and action scenes in movies. This is getting pretty annoying as I find myself having to have the volume controller next to me.
One thing I just have to note is those 4/4.5 stars it has. Those are from reviews from people that are first time buyers. These 4 stars are NOT the same 4 stars given to those $700+ systems. One thing that is pretty much true and I'm sure you've heard it. You get what you pay for. If you honestly do have more money get the better system. You'll be glad you did. This is an investment and I'm sure you aren't just going to keep it for a month or two.
Onkyo support is a piece of- not gonna say it-.Read more ›
I requested a replacement through Amazon and the one I was sent on 3-24-12 is also part of the recall so don't order these anymore because you will get one that will break after a month or so.
"We have discovered that some components used in a limited number of products manufactured between November 2011 and January 2012 do not comply with the high quality required for use in Onkyo products. As a result, these products may exhibit one of or both of the following phenomenon:
- When powering on the unit, the unit will turn on then turn off automatically
- Static Noise emitted from speakers at low volume level
(The above mentioned phenomenon are not safety related)
Affected Onkyo Models:
TX-8255 TX-8050 HT-RC360
TX-SR309 TX-NR609 TX-NR709 TX-NR809 TX-NR1009 TX-NR5009
(TX-NR609) HT-S7409 & HT-S8409
Please click on the following link for more information on whether your unit will require service support: Check Serial Number
You may also contact our Product Support Team at (800) 229-1687, select option 3, to speak with one of our Product Support Representatives to confirm that your product is part of this limited production lot in need of service.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Economical and easy to install. I've had it now for a few years, still works great.Published 25 days ago by Jay Altieri
No good give hardtime this items beacuse not properly working bad experiance tu 3partyPublished 4 months ago by Federico Gabion Jr
Lasted until just out of warranty, then the audio quit working. It had minor problems until then (occasional audio/video issues).Published 9 months ago by hxm
I bought this in January 2012 and you always had to press the power button multiple times to get it working. Read morePublished 11 months ago by dog118