Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on August 11, 2015
I've had the same issues that most others have had with the subwoofer. Within the first month of buying it, I couldn't get the sub to work. I was on the phone with tech support for a long time before finally they gave up and had me ship it in AT MY EXPENSE even though it was under warranty. It took about a month of being without a subwoofer, but it worked when it came back for a long time. Here I am 2 years later and the sub has gone out again, but now I'm outside the warranty and would have to pay just as much to ship it and have it repaired as I would to just buy a new sub.

The rest of the system has worked great and has great sound, but this older system just couldn't seem to get the sub right.
on July 10, 2015
Receiver got too hot since new thenit got busted in 1 year.
Subwoofer got busted within 4 weeks.
I realy desapointed with Onkyo quality.
on June 10, 2015
When I first bought this product 2 years ago I was really happy. About a week went by and I decided to play some heavy bass music and noticed that my subwoofer would turn itself off after about 3 minutes of playing it with the audio set to 45 and the bass set to +4 (Max volume is 60, max bass is +12)

So I sent it to an Onkyo place to have it serviced and they said nothing was wrong with the receiver. I then sent the speakers, again, nothing wrong. When I got it back I went to play my loud music again and it shut off again.

Two years later, now I'm getting really lousy HDMI results from my xbox, and my DLNA media center. Periodically the sound will totally go off unless I switch to a different device or turn the receiver off then on again.

They say that the issue has to do with some eco-friendly thing to turn off the sub, but this doesnt address the total audio cutout from the HDMI issue.

I'll never buy an Onkyo product ever again, these guys are supposed to be one of the leading brands.
on June 3, 2015
l had to buy a new one, lt was took by a thief
on April 10, 2015
Owed for 3 years. 1 month subwoofer stopped working the speaker is fine the cord was replaced and still none functional. Customer service useless for this issue. 2 years into ownership right rear speak stopped again same issue speaker works fine and I reran a new wire. Customer service again useless this time they didn't even Email me back. Now 3 years into ownership the front main center speaker cuts in and out. This is problematic as most shows broadcast only vocals in the main speaker so this means I watch shows and moves with only background music. I thought this was a good deal at first given reviews and price but I learned to stick with true name brand items as onkyo does not behind nor near there products . I would only recommend this product to my foe
on February 24, 2015
Great quality for less
on February 18, 2015
Sub Woofer went out after a year. No place local to take for repairs.
on February 18, 2015
I bought this for a house we were building. 2 years down the road we've finally finished the house and when finally installing the Onkyo system it had a problem with the Rear Right Speaker Channel. It wouldn't output anything, but speakers works fine since I tried it on the Rear Left Speaker port and it works. Now my question is how long it the warranty for this? Or would there be a quick fix for it.

But aside from the issue the system works well I've gotta say... hence, the 3 stars instead of 1
on January 27, 2015
I read reviews about subwoofer not working correctly. I have this for close to 2 years and didn't see any issues with my system or subwoofer! It is worth every penny! Great sound system!!
on November 3, 2014