Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on November 11, 2013
I've only had it for about a week. So it doesn't give me ample time to comment but so far I can say the unit is indeed heavy due to transformer weight. It nearly requires 2 men to lift. Build quality is superb and it has very nicely organized back where connections are. Had no problems using banana speaker plugs. Too bad it did not come with manual although it comes with CD. Packing was very nice and well protected from shipping damage.
I bought wireless adapter with it but not sure how it is going to work for me.
Sound quality is a big surprise. I am hearing sounds that I have never heard from the past amplifiers. Sound is accurate as it can be. I listened for over 10 hours and I am now sold. I am not sending the unit back for any reason. A good quality sound does make a big difference! I can see why it is pretty expensive! I am willing to say why spend more money looking for better quality, this is all you need, that is what I believe for now.
on March 24, 2014
My old Onkyo was still a beast but wanted to be able to watch 3D movies, so needed to upgrade. Was looking for similiar specs to my 7 year old flag ship model. This was very close and about 1/3 the price of what I paid for my old one. Works like a charm. I've owned Onkyo Recievers since 1994 or whenever the first THX reciever, 919, was offered. This is my 5th Onkyo Reciever in the last 20 years. I still use 3 of them and donated the others to friends. I've had ZERO problems with Onkyo. Which is why I also purchased their BD-SP809 to complete my ability to watch 3D movies at home.
on November 29, 2012
I love this receiver. It does weigh alot. I have issues with monster banana plugs fitting. But the quality of sound that it produces and the amount of power are amazing. It has lots of cool features as described. The only thing that frustrates me is that the plugs from monster only work in my speakers but not in the back of the reciever. But if thats the only problem i say its still a good pick to buy.
44 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2014
love my new amp since I needed a replacement of the old denon avr 4308ci the center channel was about to go out so I bought this, this thing is amazing, sounds way better then my old denon amp I was amazed of the sound quality on this thing crystal clear HD radio plus Dolby true HD 7.1 and DTS HD MASTER 7.1 AUDIO TRACKS from my Blu-ray movies and also cable on dolby digital 5.1 sound way better then my old DENON buy THIS PRODUCT NOW!!!!!!!.
on June 3, 2014
I had a Yamaha Receiver that got wiped out by a lightning strike. When replacing it, my cousin said how much he'd always liked Onkyo. I see (and hear) what he was talking about! The picture from my DVR upscales to 1080P and it's like watching Blu Rays! Sound is much better and stronger than the Yamaha. All around it's a sure bet in this price range.
on April 14, 2014
I purchased the TX-NR1010 on March 2014, and as expected the item was delivered in perfect timing by Amazon. However, I did not open nor try to use the system until now, and to my surprise, the receiver did not power up. Unfortunately I am not able to return/replace it through Amazon anymore (I guess they only gave me a month for that), so I have to go through Onkyo directly. And Onkyo will not pay for shipping to an Authorized Service Center, so guess what, the shipping cost for this 65 lbs. item is yours! Hooray! I do A LOT, I mean, A LOT of purchasing through Amazon. I'm probably way above the regular Amazon consumer. I'm an Amazon fanatic, I love Amazon! This is, I believe, the first "real" problem I am having with an item purchased through Amazon and that I won't be able to fix through Amazon, and that is a big disappointment for me. So my advice to us is, as soon as you receive your receiver, test it! Don't wait for the rest of your goods to arrive and the remodeling at home to be done with to test your receiver! Shame on ONKYO for a HORRIBLE after sales support!
on December 10, 2013
Would Buy Again: Only Missing feature - Airplay.

If you are this far, you have reviewed specs and compared to other receivers. I really like my choice - but needed convincing. Short story, I would do it again (Have had this for about 9 months).

I was totally set on getting an Anthem (North American Product), but my theater consultant talked me into this receiver. Multiple HDMI inputs (9), two HDMI outputs, and every bell and whistle - save for one: Airplay. The only thing I can't do is play video wirelessly from ipad/phone/imac thru receiver to my theater room. It's OK, I was wiring the room for HDMI anyway and purchased a connector to do it the cumbersome way.

This TX-NR1010 Onkyo does DLNA, but I don't have a PC device that supports it.
on June 8, 2015
What can I say that hasn't already been said? It's an absolutely stunning piece of equipment! I'm using it in in a home theater with full 7.2. I have four HDMI inputs being used (Bluray, Roku, Directv and Xbox One), and one output to my projector. That's it. Simple. All you need to know is this unit can be set up to automatically deliver full 1080p (4000k if you have that) regardless of the input signal. The XT-32 Calibration works beautifully-especially with two subs. It's a set it and forget it kinda thing. I'm not using this in a multi-room setup so a lot of the features that it possesses are not being utilized. Insta Preview is kinda useless as I usually only have one source powered up an any given time. I do wish the included remote had a back light button that would illuminate all the buttons so I could see what I'm pressing in a darkened room. As it is, the buttons only illuminate when you press a button, so you better press the correct one! Very annoying as all other functions of the remote work great and it's actually a very, very good universal remote. It even controls my Roku via an IR repeater.
After reading a bunch of horror stories regarding previous Onkyo receivers suffering from HDMI board failures, I decided not to take any chances and I bought two USB powered cooling fans that sit on top of the chassis right above the HDMI board. They're connected in series to the rear USB port and draw air out of the chassis whenever the receiver is powered on. I realize the TX-NR1010 is not supposed to be one of the models that is affected by this but it's cheap insurance and it does get hot. Also, my receiver is in an enclosed cabinet so it's just smart to have some extra cooling (yes, I realize the unit has thermostatically controlled fans inside the chassis.). Overall, I love the way this big brute drives all my speakers effortlessly. No matter how loud I go, it's no sweat for the TX-NR1010.
review image
on December 7, 2015
This beast does not disappoint!

We paired it with high-grade speakers and a high-end projector.

The sound is unreal and can fill up the house with doors open to our media room.

It also works flawlessly with our BlueRay player and supports all of its features.
on May 5, 2014
I'm still learning how to control the secondary outputs but the main device works fantastic. It is very familiar for someone who already owns an older Onkyo. The Android app makes it easy t switch inputs and stream content from my devices.