5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one you want., June 8, 2013
Dave Moses (Hollidaysburg, Pa USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2-Channel THX Certified Network A/V Receiver (Black) (Electronics)
I have been an Onkyo fan for quite a while and I will tell you why. The remote is the best in the business. It is the one that all others should be patterned after. It is very easy to get your controllers programmed into this thing and once you do it is a joy! As far as this receiver goes, it covers all the formats and does a great job with them all. Many people complain about problems changing from one source to another, not with the 3010. I run a PS3, Xbox 360, DirectTV, Wii U (PU) and an Oppo BDP-103. They all switch instantly and the picture is flawless. This receiver has plenty of power, I run 7.2 with Front high, effectively using 9 channels of amplification and this baby never misses a beat. All my sources go through one single HDMI to my Sharp AQUOS Quatron LC-70LE755U and there is never a problem. One thing that I did notice between the 3009 model and this one is the HDMI pass through "auto" setting which is nice, it detects which source is on when the unit is off and passes it through. This unit, the 3010, has to be chosen or the RHID has to be on. The RHID seems like a good idea but for my purposes it is not desirable.

This unit offers two other zones if you are only running 5.1 and the power is there. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a receiver in this range check this out. There are plenty of sound options and they are all good.

Check it out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great A/V item for all needs., March 5, 2013
The receiver is BEAST! Does everything the 5010 does just not the same wattage and some other small details... not worth the extra 7 bills to me... spent 5 bills on a separate amp to run the front 3 and currently running 9.1 (wides). Will move into 11.1 soon, but enjoying the 9.1 for now. My favorite thing is that the remote is a learning remote and does all my other components operations, so instead of 4 remotes, I only use 1. The unit sounds great without the external amp, but the emotiva xpa-3 does add greater sound-staging to both music and movies. I live in an apartment, so I'm only running 6ohm speakers, but the added power makes my speakers sound better than with just the receiver. If I ever go bigger, I am more than ready for them. The video is also pretty good in up converting images to my panny plasma... almost like having a new tv again... If you're in the market for a new A/V unit is a definite one to think about... If you need the other bells and whistles, then get the 5010... But, this unit is prime for most needs already so save some money and buy this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic receiver with great connectivity!, January 3, 2013
I replaced a very good home theater preamp/processor with this unit. I am using my external power amp to power the front channels and the front-wide surrounds of my now 11.2 channel home theater. The Audessey mic set up the channels easily and perfectly, including the 2 different subwoofers. Viewing movies via cable or Blu-ray is now an amazing experience using Audessey DSX or DTS Neo:X. Using Oremote app ($5) on my iPhone and iPad via wifi allows detailed adjustment and selections, as well as experimenting with the various modes available. Network capability for streaming music also great, although shortcoming of the media are more apparent in a better environment like this. Only downside is that 11.1 requires an external amp for 2 channels and the Onkyo does not have a 12v trigger to turn it on for main zone (it does for zone 2 and 3, but that is of no use!). I need to manually with on the power amp, then everything is exceptional. Incredible features and performance equal to much higher end stuff. The addition of front width and front height speakers, as well as rear surrounds plus side surrounds has made a HUGE difference for my theater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great receiver, January 16, 2013
Christopher Williams "Chrees" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Sound: excellent
Features: excellent
Ease of setup: surprisingly simple. I allotted 4 hours and it took less then 1.
Build quality: excellent

I was a dedicated Denon buyer for years, but they just got more and more expensive for the feature set. This is a great value for a superb machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent receiver, February 26, 2014
I have been watching the Onkyo line for a replacement of my existing NR-807 to step up to HDMI, and 3D. This receiver sounds awesome and has a nice range of apps, DNLA, Pandora, etc. Pass through feature works nicely. Up to 9.1 surround with 4 Klipsch Cornwalls, with all reference surrounds, center and sub. Dark Side of the Moon and Def Leppard have never sounded better. Would like a little more power, shoulda gotten the 5010 but as deaf as I am, probably wouldn't have mattered. The only thing I wish it had was a night mode for the little lady and a code for the remote to handle a Windows MCE remote.

5.0 out of 5 stars This TX-NR3010 receiver is by far the best receiver I've purchased from Onkyo and I've been buying ..., July 12, 2014
This TX-NR3010 receiver is by far the best receiver I've purchased from Onkyo and I've been buying Onkyo receiver's since the mid-70s. I would definitely recommend this receiver to anybody who wants to add a great receiver to their home theater.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good power, June 7, 2014
This receiver has the power that I was looking for. Setup is not very difficult since it is all done through menus that are pretty clear about what is being changed. I used the microphone that came with it to have it adjust the audio settings but was not as happy with the settings as when I set them myself. I wish that you could adjust the individual speaker levels while you are listening to something so you can get a real feel for the level that it is. The only thing you can hear while adjusting the speaker levels is white noise. You have to go into the setting menu to adjust this as well. Level adjustment buttons on the remote would be a nice touch. Another thing that is a bit of a preference thing to me but the volume knob has soft feel to me and you have to turn it up to about 50 to get a decent volume in a movie. It puts out plenty of sound once you get it up high enough. The HDMI throughput while the power is off is a nice thing to have for just normal tv watching. There is a definite delay (10 seconds) when changing between functions it is not a big deal but it just takes time unlike other receivers I have owned in the past that changes instantly. Firmware updates used to be done through an internet connection but I guess issues with this caused Onkyo to change to only updates being done with a flash drive. You have to manually go look to see if an update is available then download and save it. Plug it in hit update then is does the rest of the work. I do like having Pandora and many other music services available with ease. Control usage for liking not liking or skipping are easy to use. I use Pandora on zone 2 on my pool deck. Zone 2 or three can be on without the main unit being on if you want and they can be using a different function from one another as well. I plan to use this to access a media server that I am putting together but have not used this capability yet so do not know how well it works.

Rate and Discover Movies