Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 questions
vote
I had a similar issue and eMailed ONKYO support with an explanation and request for an out of warranty repair. They approved my request because the problem was a bad HDMI board, which is a known issue. Good Luck.
Jan 25, 2014 by Mike Henry
votes
Plug A/V cable from out put to input on the amp. That should work and provide you audio for the tv.
Jan 24, 2013 by Jason H.
votes
I already had a little headphone jack gizmo that has the red and yellow RCA jacks at the other end, that I pugged into the DVD RCA female receptacles in the back of the receiver. The HiRes DVD player connects via a HDMI cable to a HDMI jack provided by the receiver. I use an iPOD. I already had this wire thing, you can get one at Amazon or down at a mall, I guess, if you can't wait...
Sep 28, 2014 by Jeff
votes
I have not had any issues with the device; and, it sounds great with the speakers and sub-woofer I have connected to it. I live in an apartment so I don't get to use it to it's full potential often, but there have been a few times I cranked it up to see what it can really do, and it did not disappointed. Sure a large factor when it comes to the quality of sound has to do with the speakers that are attached, but music and movies come in crisp. All of my devices (except for Ethernet) are attached via HDMI. The HDMI pass-through works great with no loss in quality, even when the device is turned off. Having the ability to attached all of the devices to the reliever and then only have one HDMI running up to the TV makes it much easier to have a clean-looking cable setup running out of the TV. **NOTEs** 1) I'm not a fan of 3D at home, so I cannot tell you how well the HDMI pass-through would handle the increased data requirements of 3D. 2) I live in an apartment which is not set up well when it comes to using the 2nd zone option on the receiver, so I cannot speak to how well that function works.
Dec 26, 2012 by economaster
votes
Most likely your HDMI board has went bad, which is a known issue with these models. I have the same model and had similar issues to yours. The good news is Onkyo is paying to have these fixed at no charge to the customer, as long as it is within 2 years of purchase I believe. You just need to email jose.torres@us.onko.com and he will set you up with the nearest Onkyo authorized repair center and get you taken care of. This problem is not just an Onkyo one, Denon, Panasonic, and others have it too, but Onkyo is the only one fixing them for free according to my repair facility guy. That says a lot about Onkyo in my opinion, and they have retained me as a customer because of it. Best of luck to you.
May 7, 2014 by Jeff Roe
votes
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that question. Good luck.
Jan 18, 2014 by Danny
votes
Sorry, but I honestly couldn't tell you. I never messed with it.
Nov 29, 2013 by Paul Hemenway
votes
HDMI. Ethernet can be used for radio and some online remote controls.
Nov 24, 2013 by IMHO
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers