5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect.......
Recently started to upgrade the home entertainment system. Wanted to eliminate all of the cables and get better video. Added a Sony blu-ray player and Onkyo TX-SR507. That installation is easy, you simply plug in the HDMI cables. I had XM running on the sound system for my home music. Recently found Pandora, and love that it provides music and NO taking like XM has...
Published on September 5, 2009 by B. Dwyer

3.0 out of 5 stars It works.
***** Onkyo TX-SR607 AV Receiver
Onkyo TX-SR607 7.2-Channel A/V Surround Home Theater Receiver (Black)
***** Onkyo DV-CP706 DVD Changer
Onkyo DV-CP706B 6-Disc DVD Player (Black)
*** Onkyo UP-A1 iPod Dock
Onkyo UP-A1 Dock for the iPod

I replaced my 10+ year old Onkyo AV receiver and DVD changer with these units in August, 2009. Got them...
Published on August 29, 2009 by Racko Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect complement to an Onkyo receiver., March 20, 2013
This review is from: Onkyo UP-A1 Dock for the iPod (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
This I-pod dock has met all of my expectations; it is fully integrated to my Onkyo receiver, and works with the Onkyo remote control. I would recommend this unit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ipod Interface to Onkyo home theater, February 6, 2013
This works okay but the interface is very limited in its functionality and has a somewhat slow response to the remote. It functions as advertised although it seems a bit dated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, January 27, 2013
The Dock works perfectly. It is precisely what I wanted for my receiver. Everything was included as advertised. On time.

5.0 out of 5 stars IPOD DOCK, October 6, 2012
So i had the 7.1 onkyo system installed in my living room, completly amazing
the reciever didnt come with a dock.
bought it off Amazon ,which is amazing as well.
Amazon your awesome !
shipping was promt!
packaging and info was accurate!
followed instructions for dock and i was listening to music!
very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition, October 1, 2012
Have had no problems with this dock. It works great for our Onkyo receiver and video and sound are nice. Fits in with system very nicely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dock It: An Onkyo UP-A1 Dock for the iPod Review, August 21, 2012
I recently purchased an [ASIN: B004VK0IOS Onkyo HT-S9400THX surround sound speaker system]. Since then, Amazon has been suggestive selling the Onkyo UP-A1 iPod/iPhone dock to me. I regularly listen to Pandora which is accessible to the Onkyo HT-S9400THX by connecting directly to the internet. I was aware of the UP-A1, but wasn't tempted by Amazon's quick pick offers. However Fry's discounted the UP-A1's price to below twenty bucks, so I decided to add this component to our speaker system.

Installing the Onkyo UP-A1, made in Malaysia, requires connecting the Onkyo UP-A1's cable to the universal port on the back of the HT-S9400THX; then adjusting the dock adapter. According to their website, compatible Onkyo models include "all 2010 and newer A/V Receivers and Home Theater Systems as well as 2009 A/V receivers TX-SR507 and higher and 2009 Home Theater Systems HT-S5200, 6200 and 7200."

To use the Onkyo UP-A1, remove the cover from your 30-pin connector style iPod/iPhone to ensure a good connection and place in the dock. Turn on the receiver and set to Port. If your receiver has an extended mode, turn it on to view the iTunes play options and control audio and video options with the remote. While I there was an option to play video podcasts, I couldn't find the option for audio only podcasts which is a feature I would find useful. I can't even start a podcast before using the dock as the option doesn't appear to be available.

I still can't see spending more than I did on the Onkyo UP-A1, since I rely more on internet radio than mp3s. For those who listen to their iPods/iPhones regularly, this will make a nice addition to your speaker system

PROS:
Charges iPod / iPhone
Control iTunes with A/V receiver remote on compatible receivers

CONS:
Can't be used with the iPad
Requires case removal

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with I Phone 4!, August 3, 2012
I was searching all over the internet to see if this product would work with the I Phone 4 on my Onkyo TXSR-507. No one would give me a definitive answer that it would work beyond the latest IP 3. The fact is it does work and it also works with the remote for my receiver. I havn't tried any video with it but, I am very happy with it so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, June 16, 2012
Great to a full control of your IPod and keep its battery full up!!! It could also play the videos files, but it doesn't, that's why i gave 4 stars instead of 5!

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok, no better than usb, April 22, 2012
I really wanted this to work, and it worked fine for music. Per the mfr, this was also supposed to allow me to play video with my ipod/receiver combination. After spending an hour with tech support (they never responded to my emails, so don't bother), I was told that since the receiver only shows the music menu and not video, one needed to start the movie on the ipod then plug it into the dock. Unfortunately that didn't work either. Tech support said it was a defective dock. I think it may actually be that it won't play video with my stereo ipod combo. Per the mfr I returned it and will just use the usb for my ipod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for iPhone 4s, April 21, 2012
E. Venegas (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
First let me say that this product works great with my iPhone 4s. You are able to control your iPhone with the remote that came with your Onkyo. So if you are hearing music with your songs from your phone or even a music app like "Spotify" it will work perfectly. You are able to use the controls to play, pause, skip, etc.. The sound from the iPhone to the Onkyo system is excellent, and the installation was very easy. Recommended if you have an iPhone and will like to play music through your Onkyo system. Also one last thing is if you have a iPhone cover it will not fit into the slot were it connects you will need to remove your phone cover.