Questions & Answers
Onkyo UP-A1 Dock for the iPod (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
by Onkyo
3.9 out of 5 stars (100)
Used & New from: $49.50
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 questions
votes
It doesn't look like it . This uses a special plug and an input named "Port" .
7 days ago by Frank Brost
votes
Probably not. I know that the dock will work with the older I-pod. My wife has hers plugged into it, and her I-Pod is ANCIENT. However, this dock connects to a universal port (U-port), which the Onkyo site shows is NOT present on the NR929. See spec sheet at: http://www.onkyousa.com/Products/model.php?m=TX-NR929&class=Receiver&source=indexBanner
Jan 8, 2014 by David J. Kent
votes
Sorry, I can't really answer your question, but knowing Onkyo and Apple, I doubt it. Did you try Onkyo customer support? They gave me some nebulous answers about using the UP-A1 with the I-phone 4 but other user groups said it was OK. Once I bought the UP-A1 and started using I couldn't be happier. Hope this helps. J.
Jul 23, 2013 by griz
votes
Helllo JB My Onkyo receiver is the HTR990 So it has a special plug for the iPod dock Its not RCA or hdmi , you have to have a receiver that's iPod direct . Or what I used to do is plug into headphone jack and then use RCA cable But you have to operate iPod with hand You don't get picture on your tv and of course the fancy matching base
Mar 24, 2013 by bert
votes
I have the same question for iPhone 4S. Technically I dont think there was any pin difference between iPhone 3GS and 4 so it should work but would love confirmation from someone who has really done this .
Jul 21, 2013 by Himanshu Pant
votes
You obviously didn't read the reviews. There were two 5 star reviews of people specifically mentioning the 4G Touch working. And there were more reviews of the Iphone 4 working. I know there is ONE 1 star review saying it didn't work, but thats probably because Onkyo doesn't specifically say it will work with the new Ipods, so that reviewer probably never even bought the thing.
Apr 29, 2011 by M. Johnsen
votes
UPDATED 7/7/2010: I'm completely rewriting this post since I just received a replacement UP-A1 from Onkyo for my Onkyo TX-SR707 receiver and my original post and comments are no longer relevant. My iPod nano 3G worked fine with the dock but after upgrading to a 5G it appeared that it did not work at all, including charging the nano. I contacted Onkyo technical support and gave them the S/N of the UP-A1 and they told me to return it and they would send a replacement. They said that some early models did not work correctly with the new nano 5G. I just received the replacement and I'm happy to report that my nano5G works perfectly with it! It works in both standard mode (navigation is done on the nano either by touch or with the receiver remote and video is played back to the display connected to the receiver) and extended mode (all navigation is done using the receiver remote on the display connected to the receiver but video doesn't play back on the display). Thanks to Onkyo for great customer service in replacing the UP-A1! P.S. I also found out that the nano will not work correctly in the UP-A1 when using the SwitchEasy CapsuleThins PolyCarbonate Case for iPod Nano 5G (UltraBlack). This *may* have been causing the initial problem. While it appears to seat firmly on the dock apparently just the small thickness of this case doesn't let it seat completely down on the dock. When I removed the case the nano 5G worked perfectly with the UP-A1.
Jun 17, 2010 by Amazon Customer
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers