Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 17, 2010 6:49:54 AM PDT
E. H. Bruno says:
I'm surprised. I figured this would be a 59.99 game like its predecessor. Maybe I'll pick it up, if it's this cheap. I was going to hold off for a price drop if it was the regular full-price, but maybe I'll just get it at launch now.

Posted on Jun 17, 2010 3:20:15 PM PDT
Nope. No Limited Edition, so it's a budget title (the predecessor's standard edition went for a slight budget price of $50 brand new, so this one is le bargain).

Posted on Jun 17, 2010 7:55:03 PM PDT
Joe says:
I think this has something to do with lots of fans saying there wasn't enough new content to justify a full price point. The above point is probably the most significant one, though.

Posted on Jun 21, 2010 10:56:37 AM PDT
usually these types of games are not ever full price, just kind of like an expansion rather than a full sequel. Just look at street fighter 4. Sf4 was 60 and SSF4 was 40 even though it had more content. This pattern has been around for a while, just look at askys previous titles, all the same

Posted on Jun 23, 2010 5:11:35 AM PDT
Toshiya says:
Japan has a limited edition.
I believe it has a Noel Nendoroid figure along with an artbook.
Pretty pricey though, runs around 100~USD.

Just to add to the conversation =)

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 10:12:09 AM PDT
The other $20 is starting to show up. Makoto download content has been announced, with two other characters to follow. So much for a budget title :P

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2010 10:33:07 AM PDT
T. Ching says:
it's kinda annoying that they announced DLC even before the game is out, eh?

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 8:40:31 PM PDT
P. Hartman says:
Hell I am already out at least $60 on ssf4 after all the damn outfit packs. DLC is their bread and butter.

Posted on Jul 10, 2010 3:48:30 PM PDT
Jesse Potter says:
As others have said, this is more of an expansion than a full sequel. Therefore, they are releasing at the lower price point and making up the difference with DLC. If this marketing system continues to be successful for fighting games, I see even proper sequels coming out at $40 with DLC already in the pipe. People can complain about that, but would you rather pay $60 and then pay more for DLC? I would think not.

Posted on Jul 14, 2010 11:23:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2010 11:24:55 AM PDT
Seiferx says:
For this price, it's a great deal. I own the JP version and I can assure you it's worth it.They made quite alot more changes than you might think. Balance changes, whole new story mode, challenge, trail mode, tutorial mode, legion mode, training room or fight CPU while waiting for ranked match mode, 3 new characters + 3 more DLC ones on the way. Can't wait for NA release to buy again! just for the story, loved the story of the first one and to continue following it :).

Posted on Jul 20, 2010 11:19:53 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
Can't wait for this, $40 is more than worth it. They rebalanced everyone so now Rachel, Arakune and Nu aren't so flippin overpowered...now I can go back to winning with Hakumen like I did until everyone figured out the cheap loops those characters had. I hope they got rid of Carl's throw loop too, that is really irritating to get stuck in...though it is truly impressive to see someone pull it off. More than anything I'm glad that Valkenhayn is going to be playable, just guessing that he will play like Slayer from Guilty Gear...just a hunch...GIVE US JUBEI PLEASE!!!

and yeah, the story is great, glad to see it continue.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jun 17, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 20, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - Playstation 3
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - Playstation 3 by Aksys (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (22)