Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Only Boys Aloud
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 23, 2012
Discovered Only Boys Aloud on Youtube competing in Britian's Got Talent. They are an amazing teen male choir singing modern arrangements of Welsh hymns and contemporary music. The arrangements on this CD are fantastic, the orchestrations compliment the guys singing and the harmony is beautful. You simply cannot listen to this CD without getting emotional. "Calon Lan" will hook you. Every song is sung with enthusiasm and excitement - you can hear the energy in their voices. You can tell the guys really enjoy singing together. Remarkable CD.
I saw Only Boys Aloud on TV and knew I wanted a CD of them singing. This is a large group of young boys in Wales, I believe they are all under 19 years old. The have outstanding harmony and really do sing as one. They sing the majority of their selections in the Welsh language. One intention of the founder and leader of the group was to keep young Welsh boys tied into their Welsh Heritage. I enjoy listening to this CD over and over. It shows that a person does not need to understand the words to be able to appreciate the beauty of a melody sung well, similar to Opera.
on April 12, 2013
I originally listened for the first time to this group on YouTube where I heard their original appearance on Britain's Got Talent. I then listened to every one of their YouTube appearances I could find. I saw on their web site that they had come out with an album so I immediately went to Amazon to purchase it. I found that there are 2 versions of the album and I bought them both. One of them has a total of 16 songs on it and the other has 11 songs on it. The basic 11 songs are the same on both albums.The first song is my favorite ('Calon Lan' in Welsh- Pure Heart in English).
on March 17, 2013
I really liked the CD but I had ordered both CD's and when I got them the main CD was exactly like the second one that was the only disappointment
on February 13, 2013
A must have for your library. What a great story that goes with this CD. Boys from the Welsh Valleys in South Wales ages 14 to 19 brought together to carry on the tradition of welsh choirs. Great choices of songs and lovely voices to hear. Well worth purchasing. I saw them on Youtube for Britian's Got Talent and fell in love with Welsh songs and their voices.
on February 15, 2013
I absolutely love this recording by Only Boys Aloud. The song choices are spot on. The arrangements are well done and the orchestrations do not drown out the vocals. The singing is pure joy. The listening is pure joy. Bravo.
on December 27, 2012
this group was great on britians got talent. the cd is fantastic. very very pleased with purchase. i am going to purchase the other only boys aloud cd.
on March 23, 2016
Like many I first saw Only Boys Aloud on Youtube. They impressed me there and this album only reaffirms that. What these boys, nay young man have accomplished is outstanding. Doing their part to keep alive the Welsh singing traditions and then sharing it with rest of the world I can not ask for more. My hat is off to Tim Rhys Evans and the other mentors of this group. If you enjoy choral singing or just some good songs I would suggest you buy this album.
on October 4, 2013
Definitely thought this album is awesome. Two (2) Disc for a price of one (1)...cant go wrong. The sound quality is even better then the first album, and has ALL the songs I've wanted to hear and sing along while driving to and from work...including the Christmas songs. Thought Id purchase it early before they sell out during the Christmas Holiday. You'd regret it if you dont purchase it now.
on February 2, 2013
I never tire of hearing their performances on You Tube videos from Britains Got Talent. Having the CD has made it easier than ever to listen to their music. I have also shared their music with others. It is also a pleasure to support this worthy organization by purchasing the CDs.