5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, love it!
Published on March 29, 2012 by Nancy L

3.0 out of 5 stars Substantial formatting issues
Published on May 11, 2012 by P. A. Berg

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, love it!, March 29, 2012
This review is from: Only the Truth (Kindle Edition)
My husband and I both really enjoyed this novel. A small-town setting, endearing characters, and the pages practically turn themselves from the first page to the end. It should make everyone's summer vacation list. I agree with all who said it is hard to put down. This is not a gory, disturbing crime novel. Hard to believe, but much about it is sweet, funny, and heart-warming. About half-way through, just when you think you've got everything figured out, Pat Brown rolls out the surprises! I hope they make this one into a movie. And I personally would love a sequel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Substantial formatting issues, May 11, 2012
This review is from: Only the Truth (Kindle Edition)
One third of the way into this book on my Kindle--just as I was hooked--the text became center justified for the remainder of the book (as opposed to justified on the left-hand margin). I simply could not read like this. It was impossible to tell where paragraphs were starting. Terribly disappointed. Not to mention a number of obvious typos (which isn't too uncommon with the cheaper Kindle books).

If this issue is fixed, then I can't wait to finish the book and I will update this review.

***UPDATE***

I am happy to report that the formatting issues are fixed (though not the many typos). Unfortunately, I don't have a glowing review for this book. Three stars is pushing it. I'd say I was leaning four stars in the first third of the book (it seemed to have a lot of promise), then was feeling three stars through the middle, and was a solid two by the end. I hate to say it, but the end was simply awful. It was wrapped up with such brevity and simplicty that it felt like watching the last five minutes of a cheap soap opera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will not disappoint, March 14, 2012
Yvonne B Adams (Lancaster, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only the Truth (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book from the first page through to the last page. I have been a fan of Pat Brown since she started doing talk shows & was thrilled to find she was writing. The story is fresh, the characters are interesting ..you don't want to put the book down..well worth the price

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book, right up until the ending, May 24, 2012
Rob (Fairbanks, AK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only the Truth (Kindle Edition)
Good book. Keeps you interested right from the start. You are guessing at what is going on. The problem I had was the ending was really bad. It seemed like the author ran out of time and spent 3 pages closing the whole story out. The actions of the characters (not going to spoil) at the end are so ridiculous and goes against everything they would realistically do. The ending almost ruined what was a great story. I think that could have been handled a lot better, but oh well. The book is worth your time and money for sure. I'll check out others by this author.

3.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly compelling, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Only the Truth (Kindle Edition)
Only the Truth was a surprisingly compelling if somewhat predictable read. It is a good book for those new to Kindles as there is no need to check back over details, the story rapidly and clearly unfolds. The characters were affectionately portrayed. Easy to read in one or two sittings.

I only gave it three stars because the ending was wrapped up so abruptly it was almost as if she had become sick of writing the book, also one element of a subplot was left unresolved in a way that seemed like an oversight.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too shabby, May 24, 2012
This review is from: Only the Truth (Kindle Edition)
It is written in a first person, from a very simple, unedumacated man. This style is pretty unique and at first it stopped me from reading past the first 20 pages. I was forced to pick it up again (I had nothing else on my kindle) and enjoyed the unique prose going forward. It is a nice little story, but I kind of figured out the final outcome three quarters from the book. Billy Ray, who couldn't read, all of a sudden could read the blinking neon sign on the highway diner? The author goofed - builds a character that can't read and then all of sudden uses hooked-on-phonics and learns to read when food is on the line at the diner. There are some other small nuances that that annoyed me. Two police departments working murder cases jointly would not openly discuss a case and what-if scenarios in front of a potential suspect (Billy Ray) nor anyone else for that matter. Overall an enjoyable read, but the author probably should get a new editor so that the story holds together better.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price but ending is anticlimactic, May 11, 2012
This review is from: Only the Truth (Kindle Edition)
I liked the style of writing. I liked the characters. I found the story very interesting. The ending killed it all for me. I was happy enough with how everything resolved, it was the manner it was written that I found so unsatisfactory. It was too simple a wrap up for all that had happened. It was a quick read in general and I very much wanted to keep reading. Then the end was there all too quickly, wrapped up in a few paragraphs.
I hope she keeps writing fiction but make the ending feel as true as the rest of the story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed the Truth, March 24, 2012
Only the Truth
This was a GREAT quick read. I couldn't stop once I started. I needed to know what happened. I found this book to be very clever! Kudos to Pat Brown, Criminal Profiler!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jaw Dropping Suspense!, April 26, 2012
This review is from: Only the Truth (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely love this book !

Like so many other reviewers, I could not put the book down. I read it in one sitting.

The story takes so many twists and turns, it was imossible to stop reading. At the end of many, many pages my jaw just dropped open, and I had to turn the page to see what happened next.

I will read this book again, and look forward to Pat's next publishing.

Thank you, Pat, for an awesome mystery/suspense !

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, Disturbing and Beautiful, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Only the Truth (Kindle Edition)
I rarely have the time to sit down and read even a short story, but Pat's latest gripped me from the first page and made it impossible for me to put it down and get to my other errands. With stories that are this well written, it's difficult to discuss the plot without giving away details and whatnot, but I will say that Pat Brown definitely has a way with words and a way with taking on the personality of the individual she writes as in "Only the Truth."

I found the story dark and romantic at the same time, and I can't wait to see what else Brown comes up with next. Seriously, guys. If you like to FEEL what you're reading, check this book out!

Only the Truth