5.0 out of 5 stars Just finished my first 30 days....
I am a 140lb, 22 year old male and I am fairly active physically. Here is my PERSONAL experience to give you some perspective.

2 years ago I was just starting college and was really struggling with memory/focus/general clarity.
Published 22 months ago by MR

3.0 out of 5 stars This is effective, BUT......
Published 15 months ago by A. Dilkes

3.0 out of 5 stars This is effective, BUT......, May 23, 2013
This review is from: Onnit Labs: Alpha Brain, 90 vcaps (Health and Beauty)
This product is very effective. It won't turn you into Albert Einstein or anything, but it does help surprisingly well with clarity and speed of thought. So, why only 3 out of 5 stars? Because the price is a bit much when you consider that you can buy most of these ingredients in bulk and just make your own capsules for a lot less money. I designed my own brain stack using this product as a template, and it costs less and works better. Just sayin'.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adaptogenic + Dopamine Response - Weak Sauce, July 27, 2013
Alpha Brain is controversially effective:

1) The ingredients are adaptogenic: the more you use it, the better it starts to work to open up the pathways necessary for improved cognition. The first time I took it, I did not experience anything, and I eventually become very sensitive to it.

2) This is the second version. They cut the sauce to make it weaker, and in my opinion, cost-ineffective.

Alpha Brain Version 1 delivered a significant and effective spike in dopamine and general adderall-mimetic effects (without the long half-life and unhealthy side effects of amphetamine salts). The original version benefits were due partially to the Mucuna Pruriens as a dopamine precursor and the GABA as a calming agent. As detailed on their website, they replaced the GABA with Theanine (which from my experiments with both ingredients, was a good move because GABA is not easily utilized by the body and can produce negative effects in some people). They also replaced the Mucunia Pruriens with Tyrosine, a decision which reduced my interest in this product to zero.

Not discussed on the website was the drastic reduction (by cutting in half or more) of nearly all the other synergistic and effective constituent ingredients that probably made this stack so effective (and are not yet available in the competition stacks). One can only assume at the time of writing this review that it is not yet cost-effective for Onnit or other supplement manufacturers to make a nootropic stack that is truly effective, and cost-effective for the consumer.

Ethically speaking, they list the ingredients in full disclosure without any "proprietary" blends like some of the more despicable vendors and products available on Amazon (all of which containing lopsided reviews to lure customers).

I hope that at least one of the future incarnations of Alpha Brain do not include either Tyrosine or Phenylalanine, as these dopamine precursors do absolutely nothing for me, and I suspect, nothing for many of the confused and frustrated consumer base.

Stacking Alpha Brain with Choline only works if you are not naturally high in Choline already (Choline-dominant).

I purchased Alpha Brain direct from the Onnit website.

Update 9-1-2013:

Here is the listing from the labels of both version's bottles:

VERSION 1 (note: no longer in production)
Serving Size: 1 Capsule

Pterostilbene - 125 mcg
Mucuna Pruriens - 100 mg
GABA - 150 mg
Oat Straw(10:1) - 150 mg

Other Ingredients: Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, Capsule (gelatin, water)

VERSION 2

Oat Straw(10:1) - 100 mg

Other Ingredients: L-leucine, Bamboo Silica
Capsule (cellulose, water)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just finished my first 30 days...., October 24, 2012

I personally blame weed for this although I could just be using it as a scape goat. I love clarity of thought and extreme mental focus and had never really KNOWN what it felt like until I started taking neuro1. The improved clarity/focus/mood actually inspired me to start eating better and to become more physically active. Instead of just skateboarding here and there, I started biking/going on runs at night/hitting the gym in the AM. I mention the "being active" because I believe it is CRUCIAL to truly tap into the potential of these type of supplements. A lot of people say " Well it didnt work as advertised" and give a supplement a zero rating, meanwhile they are very unhealthy in the first place.

Simply put, there is no EASY WAY to achieve the results and feelings that healthy people are achieving/advertising unless you are healthy in the first place.

I have recommended supplements, mainly Neuro1, to my main circle of friends. A handful of them have been using it since I introduced them to it. We are all big gamers and vary greatly in terms of health. Some are morbidly obese, some are a little overweight, some are semi active and others are very active. I've noticed that everyone shares a heightened attentiveness while taking nuero1 but not everyone shares in the "feel-good" that I rant and rave about. Again, I believe this is due to over-all health and has made me realize that the healthier I am, the more of an effect they have on me.

I heard about Alpha Brain from a video game advert on youtube and then later from Joe Rogan.
I bought the product immediately to try it first hand and now after 30 days I am impressed. Within the first 30 minutes of taking Alpha Brain (2 pills) I noticed a shift in focus and a lift in my mood. I wrote this initial feeling off, because it could have easily been the placebo effect. I also took one an hour before bed because I wanted to experience these "lucid dreams" that Joe Rogan had been talking about. I still have yet to experience the dreams but I think these effects may vary person and to person, diet to diet etc. The focus and lift in mood continued every day in the same fashion and I was very excited and pleased that it was working as advertised. After a week of taking 2 in the morning/1 at night, I started becoming extremely focused and I have been able to retain more information throughout the course of the day.

If you are searching for a wonder drug to make yourself happier/feel more alive...its as simple as researching a healthy diet and becoming more active. This is much easier than people make it seem. I think mega corporations like McDonalds and other fast food companies want you to keep you lazy and uninformed. Of course this passiveness keeps you shackled in fog that holds you back from truly experiencing the richness of life. By keeping you dependent on junk ($$$) they distract you from becoming educated, healthy and happy. If everyone was healthy and educated, how would they stay in business?

I highly recommend this product to any healthy person who is interested in trying to improve memory/focus/clarity and I hope they get to share similar experiences. And good luck on your journey through life! Some people forget we only get to experience this one time, lets make it count!

- Mason

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't buy into this elaborate marketing scam, March 1, 2014
This review is from: Onnit Labs: Alpha Brain, 90 vcaps (Health and Beauty)
While many people seem to praise this collection of exotic herbs, please do some serious research first on nootropics in general. Joe Rogan and Onnit labs have done an excellent job with their website and marketing efforts to convince you this is the most complete or balanced nootropic available with only the purest ingredients, etc, etc.. They are full of crap.

First of all, this contains nothing that should be considered a nootropic. What they have done is come up with a random formula packed with the same stuff that has been in many pre-workout formulas for years. Even Alpha GPC, while a good compound does nothing when paired with the other ingredients. Especially at such a low dose. Unless you have a serious nutritional deficiency, the Alpha GPC will do nothing. It is not a nootropic, only a fancy choline supplement.

Onnit Labs must be making a killing with this. About $35 per 30 caps, with about 3 caps per day as the dose. Giving you about 10 servings. For one month you would have to spend over $100. Onnit Labs = genius. This is only legal because the American FDA is completely stupid and doesn't care that these products are mislabeled. The only way to even produce a lawsuit is if the company mentions any specific disease with advertising.

If you are actually interested in Nootropics, and possibly reaping decent benefits, please do some research about the different ones available. I'd like to state once more that there is not a single Nootropic compound in Alpha Brain. Racetams like Piracetam, phenylpiracetam, Oxiracetam, Noopept are all Nootropics that are safe and clinically tested. These molecules actually do improve cognition, memory, senses, and social anxiety in most people. You can create your own stack with a nootropic, choline support, energy and immune support, and others that will cost under $100 for at least 6 months.

Please avoid this and stop supporting this company.

PS: I have also tried Shroom Tech, and would give it 3 stars. I'm betting most of the energy I got from those pills was due to the massive amounts of B12. If you are interested in a Cordycepts product, there are plenty of better and cheaper ones out there. Cre02 for example.

4.0 out of 5 stars i like it, September 11, 2013
use before work out, was all day focused feels nice, will recommend to my friends.
no aftertaste or any side effects so far

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me. Might possibly work for you., July 22, 2013
I've been on and off Alpha Brain for a few months now and I didn't realize the effect it was having until I stopped taking it for a few weeks. It definitely makes me feel more motivated to take care of things I'd normally put off.

2.0 out of 5 stars No difference, October 19, 2013
I just finished a bottle and did not notice any difference at all. Not bad, not good, just wasted money.

1.0 out of 5 stars zip/zilch/nada, August 2, 2014
This review is from: Onnit Labs: Alpha Brain, 90 vcaps (Health and Beauty)
Wish it had worked because I could use the extra oomph but after consuming almost all of a 90 count bottle I experienced no improvement in energy or focus. I am a smaller female so taking two just made me jittery and had trouble getting to sleep if I took it in the afternoon. I had stopped my favorite nootropic formula (Get Smart from smart nutrition) for 30 days but found lessened mental alacrity so have resumed that. Will try ac-11 350 mg per ONE cap from optigenix (still pricey) since the attraction for me of Alpha Brain (350 mg ac-11 per TWO caps) was the ac-11 and it's claims of dna repair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but too expensive., April 17, 2014
This review is from: Onnit Labs: Alpha Brain, 90 vcaps (Health and Beauty)
I am a 22 year old guy that struggles with multitasking, remembering short-term concepts, and effectively communicating my thoughts (I really am a normal guy, I swear. haha.). To top these problems off, I worked in the restaurant industry where all of these skills are crucial. When I first began taking this product, I was skeptical. But I've gotta say, after taking two capsules a day for about a week, I could really tell that my multitasking and communication skills had improved. I always struggle with finding the words that I'm looking for, and when i was taking this product regularly I could formulate sentences without hesitation. I just wish the product wasn't so expensive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless and overpriced - You can find superior products at your health foods store, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Onnit Labs: Alpha Brain, 90 vcaps (Health and Beauty)
Waste of time, no noticeable difference. The first red flag with this stuff is that it's promoted so heavily. Usually if a product does what it's supposed to do better than any products on the market, you do not have to coerce people into buying it with celebrity endorsements, giveaways and repetitive ad campaigns. There are some great products for memory, focus and mental energy at any health food store, produced by reputable companies with decades of experience in the field and real doctors (not paid endorsers) on staff, they're much cheaper too.

Onnit Labs: Alpha Brain, 90 vcaps