Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 9, 2007
I updated my kitchen and found that my counters looked dark so I wanted to add a little light without running any wires. I bought these little stick on LED lights to do the job. They are small and easy to use but not very bright. I only lit them a couple of times when showing my new kitchen updates to friends. They aren't really practical if you want to use them for task lighting but they cast a warm little glow if you just want the look.
33 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2007
Ontel Set of 3 Stick 'n Click Lights

These little lights are really neat. They are easy to install, easy to use and take AAA batteries which are easy enought to find. The light they give off isn't going to illuminate the universe but they do well enough for those dark recesses of cabinets and etc...They would also be great for car trunks that don't have lights in them already. My kids loved them and were ready to walk off with them to use for forts or whatever.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 6, 2008
We bought these lights to help out at night when we go into a bathroom or hall and just need a little light to see our way around. Once you attach the light a simple twist to the left will separate the back plate from the rest of the housing to access the batteries (or for us mobility). What made these little items indispensable was how they helped out during a crisis. You see I live in Houston, TX and not long ago we were hit with one of the worst hurricanes we have seen in over 25 years; Hurricane Ike.

Luckily we didn't get any significant damage to our home, but electricity was out for days (which still made us lucky as some didn't have electricity for weeks) and our plumbing wasn't supplying much water. We of course were prepared for this. Had plenty of water filled in the tubs and various containers for washing, filtered water stored for drinking, dry food to last us a while, lanterns and oil in case the flashlights died out, and these little lights.

In the end ALL we needed for lighting were the Ontels. Each family member had one and we used to get around the home with great ease. The light was soft, but that's what we expected (it's rather unreasonable to think low power LEDs will replace light bulbs) and they worked perfectly. Just three AAA batteries on each light seemed to last forever. While we didn't enjoy the lack of air conditioning we never had to worry about lights.

I'm not sure what the deal is with some of the complaints. These lights aren't meant to be very bright. They are just supplemental lighting for those dark corners where you can't see a thing. For that function they bright enough to see what's in the cupboard, closet or whatever. On the other hand I'm not going to say these are the best quality products you can find. The casing and click button is entirely made of plastic and you notice it when you first click the light or twist off the casing. Still I see absolutely no problem with the design and materials considering what you get for the cost. Normal use shouldn't cause any problems whatsoever.

Simple and effective design is what makes these lights useful. If you need a little illumination in some dark spots of your home these will do the tricks. Heck... if you want to get three capable flashlights I can attest to their usefulness on that end as well.
on September 13, 2009
Despite the "bad press" regarding battery useage, I was completely satisfied and pleasantly surprised how long the batteries lasted. The lights were much brighter than I had imagined. We used the lights in a rather unconventional way where they were left on for many more hours than the average user would have them on, and they were perfect. I recommend them highly!
on January 27, 2007
I have a car that has a dome light that is pretty dull, but it doesn't have a map light. I stuck one up front and its great. Now I can see directions etc. Tossed another one in the glove for an emergency flashlight, and put the 3rd one with my camping gear. Just enough light without being blinding. A cool invention. Highly recommend
on December 28, 2013
I used these to replace the much larger strips lightspreviously installed in my food storage cupboard so I could easily find the different spices, bottles, etc. For their size, they give out a quite adequate light, and the stick-up feature is better than having to make new and different holes for installation. Overall, I am very pleased.
on August 14, 2015
These are great. I use them as mini-flashlights when I get up at night. That way I don't have to worry about a cat tipping over a lamp. I need no bedside lamp. I don't stick them up, just carry them. Or leave them lying about where I might need light as I walk about at night.
VINE VOICEon August 6, 2009
I initially bought two packs of these Stick N Click LED lights (3 in a pack) to place under my kitchen cabinets to brighten the work area a bit. Only part of one pack ended up there!

A couple of days after I purchased the LEDs, the light bulb went out in one of my ceiling fans. I couldn't read the script that gave me a maximum for light bulb wattage (I know, I know, look on the end of the old bulb). I was also trying to find the brand name of the fan to buy a replacement for its twin on the other side of the room. It was too dark to read anything. I don't know about you and your flashlights, but mine shows this black dot in the middle of the light, making it difficult to use to read. Aha, I thought--the little LED light.

Got it, shined it in the light socket area, read the wattage, and found the name brand of the fan! (A trip to the internet eventually convinced me that the fan is a discontinuation--of course!) I now keep this one on my bedside table--the LED, not the ceiling fan!

I put one Stick N Click in my closet--can't and won't tell how many times I have mismatched colors making selections by closet light. I'm hoping the little LED helps. I put another in the laundry room. But best: I placed one by the back door to use going out in the dark, then into my car to use on returning. It's much easier to store --and handle--than a clumsy flashlight and certainly better than tripping in the dark or running into things!

Another reviewer gave me the idea of using these as little carrying lights. To him I express my gratitude.

Oh yes, each LED takes three AAA batteries. To turn on or off, just press the plastic face. For their multitude of uses and inexpensive price, these little luminaries are certainly worth trying.
1010 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2014
Our printer is recessed inside a cabinet. We bought these to illuminate the printer from above. We stuck 3 to the bottom of the upper shelf and they are perfect for the job. The light is very white but not as bright as expected, so you need all 3 for under-shelf lighting. The shut-off and turn-on mechanism is stubborn so sometimes you need to give extra pushes. Adhesive sticks well to the glossy wood. The batteries are easy to replace with a twist of the cover. My only quibble is that it is terribly hard to read the polarity indicators for each of the 3 AAA battery compartments. Took a while to get them right in each light. Once seated correctly, remove one dead battery at a time so you don't have to try to read the polarity markings a second time. I purchased this on Amazon. In preparing to do a review, I saw no link to "Write A Review" on my product order page. I had to go to the product page to enter this review.
on March 12, 2014
Exactly as described. Work great! Lit up a dark work area very nicely. I highly recommend. Thanks for reading this.