Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on July 24, 2013
I've had Ooma for a few years now for my Home-Office line and finally decided to make the switch for our Home landline. With the Linx device, I can assign a phone number to it and have my home-office line only ring on the phone it's attached to, not every phone in the house. I can still have the Ooma Telo plugged into the main home phone and only ring there, too. Great solution. I'm thinking of getting another one for the fax machine.

The setup was almost too easy. You just plug it in near your Telo and hold down the Page key (the Antenna looking thing) on the Telo for 3 seconds. It says something saying that it's ready for device pairing or something like that. In a few seconds, one light turns blue and the other flashes blue and orange. It's downloading firmware, DON'T touch it until it is solid blue. It will reset, so no lights will be on for a second, but be patient, it will come back. Once both lights are solid blue, then unplug it and put it where you want it. My Telo is on the first floor and the Linx is installed upstairs in the other end of the house. I plugged it in and it works just fine!
on August 12, 2013
This item works perfectly as described; it's like getting a phone jack that is as close as the nearest source of electricity! I could never get the wireless adapter for my Ooma Telo to work properly and connect to my wireless router. However, once I paired this with the base unit it worked flawlessly (don't get me wrong, the wireless adapter still doesn't work! The LINX does work perfectly.). I can now tuck the base unit into an inconspicuous spot. You can actually use 1 of these units to make your house phone wiring active again. Disconnect your phone line outside your house in the junction box provided by Verizon so that your house phone wiring is totally isolated. Take one of these units (or the Telo base unit for that matter) and connect it to an open phone jack. You can use a 1 to 2 outlet adapter, too. Voila! House phone wiring now powered by Ooma! Worked for me...
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2012
Very useful device as my ooma telo is in a different location than my fax/printer location. Whenever I need to fax, I have to disconnect and reconnect my telo. With this device, I am able to connect linx next the printer and was able to send and receive fax without any more hassle of moving my telo. I am planning to buy another linx to connect to my Dish DVR so that I can get caller ID on the TV screen. I was missing this feature since I got ooma. With linx, I can connect DVR to phone line without the need of ooma telo near the DVR.
44 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2013
I have no phone line, only have OOMA Telo, needed a way to get fax to work with my multi-function HP8600Pro printer (fax/print/scan). Got the Linx and the problem was solved effortlessly. Just plugged in the Linx in the power socket next to the HP8600Pro ran a phone cable from linx to the HP8600's fax input jack and another phone line from the line1 jack on the HP8600Pro to my phone done! That was it!! One of the most useful gizmo I ever got this OOMA Telo first and then this Linx. No regrets.
on April 24, 2015
Been using Ooma for years and laugh when companies try and sell me their overpriced phone services. Ooma's advanced support is also very helpful when the first layer of their CSRs are unable to find a solution. This product works as intended at the time of purchase. Unrelated but of possible interest, the WhatsApp for Androids allows free calling to anywhere in the world. I've talked to a friend in Australia for over an hour through the WhatsApp and it was free.
review image review image
on March 18, 2013
The Linx is a floor below the base unit and picks up the signal fine. I have it on a fax machine.
on November 22, 2014
If you have Ooma, you probably want this. Don't bother with the USB wifi. Wifi drops or the voice breaks up like a cellphone with poor reception. I returned that and bought this. Just plug it in the 110v AC near a wall phone outlet. Plug a phone cable from your wall line into it. Set it up to communicate (follow the simple instructions) and all the phones in your house will work off the line. Or, use a single standard base station with multiple wireless phone sets. Gives good phone service. Ooma is great! Under $4 a month for phone service (to pay taxes and 911 fees). Forget those bundles from cable or AT&T. Put the money towards faster broadband internet and you'll still come out ahead.
on March 24, 2015
We had high hopes for this phone system because it was recommended to us by our neighbors who had high praise for it. We spent countless hours on the phone with their tech support but unfortunately everything they tried to get our system working correctly was in vain. First they told me that we would need the Ooma Linx in order to be able to hook up our fax machine but after speaking with several different tech support specialists all the way up to a level 3. I was finally told to remove the Linx unit & although it got better it still did not perform the way it was supposed to. After 3 weeks of trying numerous different wiring hook ups to no avail we decided to go back to our previous telephone provider and everything is fine again...After all was said & done we were thankfully able to recoup almost all of our entire investment which came to over $200.00 with taxes but it did not make up for all the frustration and aggravation that we went through!!!
on March 15, 2013
I use the Linx to connect my DirecTv to a phone line so I can get Caller ID while watching our primary TV. It works great, and I have never had a problem with it.
on January 12, 2013
I have an antique rotary phone that has sentimental value to me
.I can now use my old phone thanks to ooma linx.