Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Style: Ooma Telo|Change

on February 15, 2014
Had Magic Jack for a year and voice quality went down. Looked at VOIP services, that start off well but have poor recent reviews. Front End Pricing make VOIP a Ponzi scheme. Ooma has had consistently good reviews. More expensive than many cheap VOIP, great voice quality. Larger Hardware not very portable like Magic Jack for Travel.
Great screening to keep out Junk callers. It was a huge problem with Charities and politicians calling, and DONOTCALL. provided no protection or relief. Not sure if I will need their Premier Service yet.
My old number is on MagicJack for 5 years for my outgoing FAX and voicemail on my old number. So anybody that calls my old number can leave a voice mail, and I will call them back.
No limit on conference calls other than their 5,000 minute per month limit for outgoing calls.
If you make that many calls you can afford two of these!!
Cheaper and better than Vonage. Better voice quality than the cheap VOIP.
on September 4, 2013
There will be a small tax fee that you will not be able to discover the amount until you register your device. I switched from Vonage to Ooma and am saving $30 per month and getting the same call quality. To have the exact same features as the big V I would have to pay $9.99 more per month on to of my $3.71 tax which is my only monthly charge for this great service. The number porting was easy and Ooma is awesome! Switch today and I doubt you will be disappointed. God Bless.
on April 26, 2012
I believe that if you already subscribe to high speed internet and have some kind of phone plan, a switch to Ooma is common sense. On the other hand, my household hasn't had a home phone in over 8 years simply due to the convenience of owning cell phones.

Due to our younger son getting older (now 5) and out of day care, he now takes the bus home after school to be with our 15 year old for a couple of hours before we get home. If our 15 year old gets in trouble, her cell phone is usually taken away as punishment. Ooma solved the issue/risk of not providing our 15 year old with a means of communication in case of an emergency, or simply being able to call when our 5 year old isn't cooperating with her during those instances where she may not have a cell phone available.
on July 16, 2012
Hi Everyone: I have had Ooma for about three weeks now and I like it so much I bought a second Telo. Everything has worked flawlessly and I couldn't be more impressed. Their customer service answers on the first ring and knows their stuff. I have tried everything in the past that you can think of and some you probably never heard of and almost didn't try Ooma because of the bad experiences I had with Voip. In fact I will go so far as to say I have never had a product work so well and have such good customer service on top of it. I would recommend Ooma to anyone without reservation. It's the bomb!

Phil in Milwaukee
on November 14, 2010
Excellent Voice Quality!!! I have been using Ooma for over six months and the voice quality is far better than Vonage or other companies I have used in past. Also, I have never had any connection issues from Day One. Oona also has outstanding features ans is also accessible from your smartphone (iPhone).
on April 14, 2010
Having only made domestic calls, the Ooma has both been great sounding and at a few other times echo filled and unintelligible. Hanging up and redialing sometimes works but at other times, we have asked the other party call us back. Also, for some strange reason, our call-id is not showing up to all called parties but Ooma support says it has been correctly changed. Still, it's better than Skype and Vonage. ...
on January 18, 2013
This is the best investment I made on a daily utility that is absolutely necessary at home. I have all the same features and more with the basic Ooma Telo that I had with the my telephone carrier. Very pleased with this alternative VOIP device and especially excited when I now receive my monthly bill.
on October 26, 2013
We weren't quite ready to give up the house phone, but the monthly charges from our phone company were outrageous. We switched to Ooma. The quality is good. There is the occasional delay in conversation that happens with a voice over internet product, but it's very minor and the sound and reliability are excellent. The best part is the monthly charge...we pay only the tax and it's less than $4 a month. THANK YOU OOMA!
on May 14, 2014
I wish I had gotten one of these years ago. This thing will pay for itself over and over again. Call quality is excellent, though can sometimes lag, but no worse than any cell phone I've ever talked on. Easy to set up.
on October 17, 2014
Why pay for phone service if you have broadband?
I ported my land line number and have had no issues, only a monthly savings of $33 ($37 phone bill minus $4 ooma monthly taxes & regulatory fees). This product pays for itself in mere months and then nearly eliminates your monthly phone bill. Highly recommended.