Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
asked by S. Cheung on April 13, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 26 answers
A
I've had Ooma since Aug. 2010 and my Telo died after a power outage in Oct.I called customer service they tried a few things over the phone and agreed to send me a new unit with a postage paid label included,took about three days.I bought a back up power supply $49.00 with surge protection and haven't had a problem since.Ooma covers the Telo for one year and they offer extended
coverage after that for $80.00 I believe.I have nothing but praise for their customer service,compared to Verizon they are outstanding.
Amazon Customer answered on April 14, 2011
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My Ooma Core & Scout died just as one year warranty was up. Spoke with CS and they didn't offer any help and were supposed to get back with me, but never did. When it worked, it was great but 1 year of service wasn't worth it.
areelgrl answered on June 15, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
macaphile answered on August 17, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the post. Makes me wonder why a lot of people complained about Ooma CS support.
S. Cheung answered on April 14, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Pete in PG answered on August 18, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Our telo also died at 18 months. Only lines 1 and 2 on. It appears the boot loader failed and the unit is a brick. Not sure that the cost savings is really there with such bad reliability. Vonage 500 minute plan may have been a better deal for me. Not sure that I will be purchasing another OOMA, as this seems to be a familiar happening.
melissa answered on October 4, 2011

A
My one year service anniversary is coming up next month. I'm happy to report back that Ooma has been working out really well the past year. We have had only one short outage. Never had any issues with the Telo. Customer service is really not bad either. I've even recommended the service to couple of my friends.
S. Cheung answered on March 14, 2012

A
Neil, if you chose to get premium services, you are paying $10/month for them -- not $20.

Those services are given to you for free for the first two months on a trial basis.

You can opt out of them at any time.

All this was explicitly stated when you signed up and agreed to the terms of service... so how exactly is that "stealing"?

BTW, opting out takes about 3 seconds to do. You can do it when you sign up, so you don't even have to remember to do it at the end of the free trial.
bbfla answered on August 25, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ooma is dead as of today. I had it for two years, and I agree that the customer service was truly terrible. So, it doesn't completely break my heart that I'll have to find a replacement.
Tom Burke answered on August 17, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
False. The Premium service costs only $10 per month. The first month is free, so, if you don't want the premium features, you have time to cancel the Premium service. In that case, you only pay a monthly state and federal tax. Typical Ma Bell type landline service is going to cost $40-$50 /mo. So, even if your new Ooma Telo costs $200, it's still a bargain compared to the traditional POTS line.
Reverend Dan answered on July 23, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product