Ooma Core VoIP Phone System
Used & New from: $192.05
Ooma and DSL service I have DSL and local phones service through Southwestern Bell, if I transfer my exsisting number to Ooma, what happens to my DSL internet service??
asked by online shopping fan on December 28, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
If you transfer your phone number that is associated with your DSL service, your DSL Internet connection may not work after the number transfer completes. Prior to porting a number, you should call your DSL company and for "dry-loop" DSL service, which will essentially disassociate your phone numbers from your DSL service.
Bobby B answered on December 29, 2008

A
votes
I have used Ooma for more than half year now. Major benefit is save you cost of landline while still keep a landline like phone. Setbacks are 1. domestic calls are sometimes dropped. 2. Voice quality is not good for international call, I use it to call China. I have a 750K DSL. It might be the cause. I don't know. It saves me about $30/month. You might not think it is a lot money. But I can buy 27 McChickens, that is about 13 lunches every month. Haha.
D. liu answered on October 13, 2009

A
votes
Check the upstream DSL value for your service. Its probably 128k for 750k downstream. Minimum requirements for Ooma are 256k upstream. You may have to get the 1.5M service to meet Oomas requirements
L. Weerts answered on July 25, 2010

A
votes
I currently am using a cable modem with the ooma. I connect the phone line to the wall jack and it runs all the wired phones in the house, and it has worked flawlessly. I'm thinking of switching to dsl for various reason not associated with the ooma, but I have one concern will the ooma be able to transmit the voice service over my housed internal wiring?
Trucker Jim answered on December 5, 2011

A
votes
Trucker Jim how exactly do I get Ooma to work throuhout my whole house? Thanks.
Onedodal answered on October 20, 2012

A
votes
27 McChickens....ummmmmm
Yogi Bear answered on December 5, 2009
‹ Previous   1   Next ›