Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 26, 2010 8:14:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 27, 2010 8:10:16 AM PDT
They may be based out of California, but just try to get any real help or refund, they are in the Philippines. Every time I call their 888 number I got a different person named Ron. I was cut off 6 times or put on hold for more than 15 minutes. All this from a NEW PHONE SYSTEM that is to revolutionize phone calls, B.S.- My Ooma never worked right from day one and after requesting a refund I was told "the only way I'll get my money back is to sell it". I would highly discourage anyone from getting involved with Ooma.

Posted on Aug 30, 2010 9:58:18 AM PDT
Wildcard says:
I don't understand why you have had this problem..I have been using Ooma for over a year now and have called tech support twice during this time and they were very helpful. Saying that, I have not had any problem with the service, only had a problem when I upgraded to the Telo from the old hub, and after 2 calls, found out the problem was my fault..I had the ethernet cables plugged in wrong. :)

I have been VERY happy with the service!

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 9:58:26 AM PDT
M. Jain says:
I am an extremely satisfied OOMA user. Never needed to call support.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 4:39:50 PM PST
tjnamtiw says:
Karl, do you by any chance work for Vonage or are you just a guy who goes around making up lies?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2010 4:20:57 AM PST
Buy it from Amazon or Costco where you can easily get a refund.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2010 7:59:56 AM PST
Up your Mr. T. Witman, I will swear on a stack of Bibles that all that I have said about Ooma is absolutely true. I even contacted the BBB and the FCC about this particular issue and they both told me that they "would keep it their files but could not get Ooma to refund my money". Do you work for Ooma ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 10:25:26 AM PST
Malcolm says:
Perhaps you (Karl) bought a faulty unit. W Frank's advice to buy it at Costco or Amazon is good. My Ooma has never had an issue.
Two suggestions:
1 Use Cable not dsl and use an ISP service that is fast.
2. Put your ooma as the first device next to your (cable) modem and then put your router on next. This prevents interference from your router allocating bandwidth.

If your kids or spouse are using the internet at the same time, that can suck bandwidth and lower sound quality.

I've been enjoying free calls (minus the 11.75 in taxes each year) for 3 years now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 12:20:55 PM PST
Thanks for your suggestions, but my only issue has been Oomas failure to honor their guarantee of a full refund. It don't matter that it works or not. And in our case it did not. I had our cable company in our home checking this thing out our cable is fine our router is fine.
Ooma told me to buy another router, B.S. Ooma said I was receiving to many Jitters. My cable company, Charter, a multi Billion $ company had never herd of that term.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2011 10:06:57 AM PST
Wildcard says:
I don't understand how Charter would not recognize the term..it is a very common description of the variation in packet delay. Here is the wikipedia description:
Jitter is the time variation of a periodic signal in electronics and telecommunications, often in relation to a reference clock source. Jitter may be observed in characteristics such as the frequency of successive pulses, the signal amplitude, or phase of periodic signals. Jitter is a significant, and usually undesired, factor in the design of almost all communications links (e.g., USB, PCI-e, SATA, OC-48). In clock recovery applications it is called timing jitter.[1]

Which as you said, doesn't matter, as they should give a full refund is not satisfied and it is requested within the 30 days. Since I have never had to return any Ooma equipment, I can't say how they are about returns.

Posted on Jan 4, 2011 2:44:43 PM PST
Thanks for your comment. I believe the issue I am dealing with is simply the 'attitude of a new start up company' and how the Head honcho in Palo Alto, California dealt with me by telling me to"just sell it", as if I am to op[en an eBay account or buy an ad in the news paper. Why not just step up an be a man and offer us a full refund.
Thanks anyway and have a great New Year and stay in peace.

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 5:46:46 AM PST
D. Clark says:
I guess people have different experiences. I had a problem with an Ooma Telo unit (speaker was malfunctioning). Called Ooma support, had no problem with being put on hold etc., got a new unit shipped to me with no questions asked. Very satisfied.

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 10:58:13 AM PST
Dean Winters says:
ive had great luck with my ooma and their customer support.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2011 2:23:23 PM PST
Wildcard says:
I have one at home, use another as a personal line at work, have put one in one of my employees homes (they work at home), my parents have one, and a friend has one. No complaints from me, nor any of those that I know have one. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Aug 26, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2011

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about