Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PlasmaCar

Format: Audio CDChange

on May 22, 2000
This album includes the 12 songs from the American release, plus others. The album marks a progression from Britney's first album, but still has many of those unmistakable features. The chunky R&B beat as on "Baby One More Time" features on almost every track. Now for the bonus tracks, "Girl In My Mirror" is especially good, and is on all the releases of the album except the US one, for some reason! It's mid tempo and is quite beautiful. It has Britney soul searching about the girl in the mirror (herself) being sad etc (similar in style to the song "Lucky"). The song "You Got It All" is standard Britney fare, "Heart" is a ballad and has some very nice strings. So all in all, the bonus tracks are very good, they sit with the others well. Also, they are part of the album without just being stuck on at the end. So if you're a Britney fan this one is definitely worth getting for the extra songs.
on June 14, 2000
Every week since her last album we have been offered a C.D. by someone who wants to be Britney ; thinks they are Britney or dreams of being Britney ; this is the real thing . This is pop sensation Britney doing what Britney does best and at this present time she certainly does it better than anyone else .
If you have heard the single then thats the album , its pure perfect Britney . From the excellant opening track to the self penned " Dear Diary " the final track , its pure first rate Britney . She has come in for a fair amount of critisism for her rendition of " Satisfaction " , the Rolling Stones anthem but I found it a more than adequate attempt at a song which has became an icon for Mick Jagger ; it shows tremendous belief in her own ability to attempt a song of this stature , so good luck to her .
If you like Britney Spears then I am sure you will like this album .
on June 1, 2000
Britney Spears new album, "Oops!...I Did It Again" was recently released worldwide. The U.S. edition had 12 songs, the UK had 13, and Japenese and Austrailian versions had 15! But are the three tracks worth it? I'll review them for you-
Girl In The Mirror- (5/5) A very sad, soul- searching song about Britney not truly being in touch with herself. Very good!
Heart- (5/5) Another great track! Also sad, but it has a more uplifting message. It reminds me of "From The Bottom of My Broken Heart."
You've Got It All- (4/5) A good song, but it was recorded in 1997. Why is it on her new cd? It really doesn't go with the rest of the album. Resembles "I Will Be There."
Seeing that I gave all the other tracks (with the exception of "Dear Diary") a 5/5, this album is a must buy! Two 4's, and thirteen 5's? The best cd I've heard for a long time!
on May 19, 2000
The original pop princess is back with her second album 'Oops! I Did It Again', and her tunes are funkier than ever. Included on the album is a cover of a huge Rolling Stones hit '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction', as well as Britney's first attempt at song writing on 'Dear Diary'.
Britney has already topped the charts in many countries with the very up-beat and all too familiar sounding 'Oops! I Did It Again', and it's no surprise. For those fans who have not yet purchased this album, you may want to consider purchasing the Australian version, which contains 15 tracks (Girl In The Mirror, You Got It and Heart) as well as a limited edition facsimile Britney Spears V.I.P. pass.
1. Oops! I Did It Again - This song may contain a hint of 'Baby One More Time' and 'Crazy', but it is excellent. A very up-beat and catchy song. 5/5
2. Strong - A very funky up-beat song, and some unusual vocals. It's very "Britney" and extremely catchy. 4.5/5
3. Don't Go Knocking On My Door - An R'n'B flavored song. Definately grows on you the more you listen to it, but a good song. 4/5
4. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - The much talked about Rolling Stones cover. It really could have done without the talking at the start though. The "La La La" vocal at the beginning sounds a lot like the beginning of Mandy Moore's 'Not Too Young'. The song itself, is one I think you'll either love or hate. Personally, I really like it. A lot different to the original which I think is a good thing for cover songs. It's mid-tempo, and quite impressive. 4/5
5. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know - The start of this almost sounds a bit oriental. It is a ballad, that was co-written by Shania Twain and her husband/producer "Mutt" Lange. There is a certain bit of music in this chorus that reminds me of the instrumental section in 'From This Moment On. It's a lovely song, and shows her music has really matured since her debut album. 4.5/5
6. What You See Is What You Get - Another up-beat funky song. The beginning has a 'Paula Abdul' sound to it. Very catchy and yet another great pop song. 4/5
7. Lucky - One of my favorite tracks. It's another catchy mid-up-tempo song, but the intro could almost be mistaken for 'Stand By Me'. 5/5
8. One Kiss From You - This song sounds like it belongs on 'Baby One More Time'. It just doesn't have the feel of this album, but isn't bad. 3.5/5
9. Where Are You Now - This is a really nice ballad. It's quite slow, with a lot of backing vocals and nice guitar. 4/5
10. Can't Make You Love Me - Yet another of Britney's very up-beat, danceable, singable, catchy tunes. 3.5/5
11. When Your Eyes Say It - This song has a Sophie B. Hawkins sound to it. It's a slow and calm song. 4/5
12. Girl In The Mirror (Bonus) - I don't know why this wasn't on the general release of this album, it's a really nice and 'pretty' sounding song. Definately worth getting the version with this song. 4.5/5
13. You Got It All (Bonus) - The beginning of this sounds a little like 'I Will Still Love You' from Baby One More Time. This is a mid-tempo average song. 3.5/5
14. Heart (Bonus) - A slow-mid tempo song. It's quite a good song, with a nice string section. 4/5
15. Dear Diary - So, is Britney more than a performer with a good voice? This is her first released track written by herself. It's a slow track about a boy, and not a bad attempt with a nice finishing touch to the album. 3.5/5
It's not a matter of if this album will be successful, but a matter of counting the countries it will top the charts. Britney has definately matured, and it can be heard in most of the songs on this album without losing her special touch.
Leaving 'Baby One More Time' for dead, 'Oops! I Did It Again' is a fantastic follow-up album, and is evidence that all the imitators just don't have it. An album definately worth purchasing if you've enjoyed past Britney Spears hits, you will not be disappointed.
on May 25, 2000
She did it again. This album is yet the best one from Britney.OPPPPPSSSS I did it again shows the more mature side of Miss Spears. From the uptempo songs like Oops... I did it again and Don't go knockin' on my Door all the way to the soulful ballads like Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know and Dear Diary. Miss Spears proves that she's not just a teenybopper being put together, but instead she proves that she is a talented singer. She also proves that she had grown a lot. And once again this album proves that. And to top it all she even co wrote a song in this album called Dear Diary and as a matter of fact I think that she did a really good job with it. And i give her credit for the one because she proves that she could not only sing but she can also write her own music. And for me I think that's a good thing, because what kind of a singer or musician are you if you don't even know how to write your own music. AND FOR ME THAT'S ONLY A FEW REASONS WHY THIS ALBUM SHOULD BE A BIG HIT.
on May 25, 2000
Other than her lead off single "Baby One More Time," I didn't like Spiers' first CD at all. So why did I buy the new one? Media hype, good reviews, and a infectious new single ("Ooops... I Did It Again). And guess what? Spiers' new sexy attitude and sexier growl have won me over. The first five songs are delicious slices of pop perfection, and her cover of the Stones' "Satisfaction" is a creative kiss off to her detractors. The rest of the album is hit and miss ("Dear Diary" is pure drivel -- teenage girls will love it). But this new CD is quite an accomplishment for Ms. Spiers and her Europop producers. Turning 18 is the best thing that ever happened to Brittany. Her music is maturing. Can't wait to hear from her at 21.
on May 23, 2000
OK, here is what I think of each track.
Oops I did it again-- a great song, pretty much a classic already. Not my favorite song, but a very catchy, dancable song 5/5
Stronger -- Lots of synthesizing, but A really good tune that sends a good message.5/5
Don't go knocking on my door-- Another good pop song, the chorus is a little awkward at fist but I like it better know.4/5
(I Can't get no)Satisfaction-- A change of pace in the Cd, but has a good beat. 4/5
Don't Let me be the last to know--my favorite ballad, great vocals 5/5
What U See is What U Get--my second favorite song. Very danceable, like Oops.5/5
Lucky--A very personal song for Britney, it has a great melody but is different from the typical pop rhythms 5/5
One Kisss from you--Another good pop song, not my fav though 4/5
Where are you know-- excellent vocals, very powerful and emotional 5/5
Can't make you love me-- MY FAV, cool background noises and a very catchy beat. I really hope this becomes a single.6/5
When your eyes say it--Yes, a little corny, but a sweet ballad with very deep lyrics.4/5
Dear Diary--I'm imoressed with Britney on this. Nothing that stands out a lot, but a very sweet and personal song. 4/5
Much better than her first album, "Oops" is pop at its finest! Take my word for it
on July 7, 2000
Yes, she has. Britney Spears, international pop sensation, has released a brand-new album that is chock full of fun, danceable music. While others might say that Britney's music hasn't changed since her 1999 hit album (...Baby One More Time), this isn't so. Britney's lyrics are much more mature in this album, and her voice reflects that. Below, I've listed the 12 songs on the CD, with a brief discription of each.
1) Oops!...I Did It Again- The album's title track is fun, energetic, and perfect for dancing, plus it is extremely catchy. This one will definitely make you hit the "Repeat" button on your CD player. The video is also great, with its bouncy beats and awesome dance moves!
2) Stronger- Possibly my favorite song on this album, for a few reasons. It's lively and packed with energy! This track alone shows how much Britney has changed in a year. Instead of the lovesick, pleading lyrics present in her previous album, Britney sounds, well, "stronger" in this one. My favorite line in this song is, "My loneliness ain't killing me no more." Sound familiar?
3) Don't Go Knockin' On My Door- A really cool song with an R&B sound to it. It ends with a phone conversation between Britney and her friend.
4) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction- A nice song that starts slowly and gets faster. It is really not as bad as you may have heard. It would sound better, however, without the bazillion "uh"s heard every few seconds.
5) Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know- A sweet ballad that illustrates Britney's new-found maturity. It sounds very nice, especially with the cool background music.
6) What U See (Is What U Get)- A great track about the need to be yourself. It ends with a phone message to Britney from a friend, giving her an idea for the next song on this album...
7) Lucky- A fabulous song! It shows you that even the life of a Hollywood star is not perfect. After all, fame and money don't guarantee happiness.
8) One Kiss From You- An okay song, but nothing really special. You may want to skip over this one. I guess you could call it a "filler."
9) Where Are You Now- One of the slower songs on this album. Britney holds a fairly long note in this song (It's about time)!
10) Can't Make You Love Me- A good, bouncy song. Definitely worth listening to.
11) When Your Eyes Say It- One of the better slow songs, with plenty of soft whispering from Britney. At the end, you'll hear a conversation between Britney and her pals, in which Britney spots a cute guy walking by. This leads us to her final song...
12) Dear Diary- A sweet, slow song about a boy that Britney falls in love with. Although she wants to get to know him, she doesn't know what to say, so she asks her diary for advice.
Well, that brings us to the end of Britney's new album. I believe that this CD is much better than her previous one, simply because she sounds much more mature, independant, and confident. I highly recommend "Oops!...I Did It Again" to any lover of pop music.
on May 24, 2000
Britney Spears's voice and music seems more mature and grown up then her first one "...Baby One More Time". I guess it's 'cause she's older when she made "Oops!...I Did It Again". Of course, it's still mostly the same kind of music and beat to it. "Oops!...I Did It Again" is probably my favorite song. I like the dilouge she did with Max Martin during the middle of the song. My older sister told me they were talking about the 'Heart of the Ocean' from the movie, "Titanic". I'm not really sure, but that makes sense when you really listen to it. Anyway, I also like the songs "Stronger", "Don't Go Knockin' On My Door", and "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction". I like all the other songs, too. But the ones I mentioned are my favorite. Britney's voice hasn't really changed all that much, but she sure has gotten more mature. Her first CD was a fun CD to listen to, but "Oops!...I Did It Again" is a much more serious CD, I think. If you enjoy listening to Britney Spears's music, then you'll love her new album!
on January 31, 2003
Everyone assumes that Britney's music is really bad just going by the singles- this isn't true! Ok, she isn't as strong as Christina with the vocals, but her songs are catchy and fun which is what they were made to be!
OOPS I DID IT AGAIN-7/10: Sounds very like "BOMT" and was overplayed but I don't mind listening to it now.
STRONGER-2/10: Don't like this at all because it sounds so boring and typical pop style (it's just too plain!)
DON'T GO KNOCKIN' ON MY DOOR-7/10: A very catchy and well constructed pop piece.
SATISFACTION- 10/10: Rolling Stones fans will hate it but r and b lovers will be pleasantly suprised at how good Brit managed to cover this!
DON'T LET ME BE THE LAST TO KNOW- 8/10: A ballad written by Shania Twain's husband, which is very good. Sounds very different to everything else on the album.
WHAT U SEE IS WHAT U GET- 9/10: Again sounds a bit like "BOMT" but this time it's better! Has a dancy beat and sing a long chorus.
LUCKY- 10/10: The best Britney song ever released! Has such a beautiful melody and heartfelt lyrics.
ONE KISS FROM YOU- 10/10: Another favourite of mine, although to the average listener it sounds quite average. I can't explain it, I just love it!
WHERE ARE YOU NOW- 9/10: You can almost see Britney standing on a stage in a state like Mariah Carey in the 'Hero' vid! The song is excellent but the lyrics are very simple.
CAN'T MAKE YOU LOVE ME- 7/10: Nothing special, another standard pop song.
WHEN YOUR EYES SAY IT- 10/10: A Dianne Warren ballad without the big strings and OTT harmonies! Britney's delicate voice works very well with this slow track.
GIRL IN THE MIRROR- 9/10: Stunning melody but again the lyrics are pretty dumb!
DEAR DIARY- 1/10: Ignore this song completly, it's embarassing to listen to (the lyrics and the tune are rubbish!)