1,448 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Britney doing what Britney does best .
Every week since her last album we have been offered a C.D. by someone who wants to be Britney ; thinks they are Britney or dreams of being Britney ; this is the real thing . This is pop sensation Britney doing what Britney does best and at this present time she certainly does it better than anyone else .
If you have heard the single then thats the album , its...
Published on June 14, 2000 by Gavin Mitchell Gibb

3.0 out of 5 stars could be better
Published on June 27, 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars Britney doing what Britney does best ., June 14, 2000
This review is from: Oops!... I Did It Again (Audio CD)
If you have heard the single then thats the album , its pure perfect Britney . From the excellant opening track to the self penned " Dear Diary " the final track , its pure first rate Britney . She has come in for a fair amount of critisism for her rendition of " Satisfaction " , the Rolling Stones anthem but I found it a more than adequate attempt at a song which has became an icon for Mick Jagger ; it shows tremendous belief in her own ability to attempt a song of this stature , so good luck to her .
If you like Britney Spears then I am sure you will like this album .

4.0 out of 5 stars Mature & Fantastic!, May 19, 2000
Rachel M Harrison (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oops!... I Did It Again (Audio CD)
The original pop princess is back with her second album 'Oops! I Did It Again', and her tunes are funkier than ever. Included on the album is a cover of a huge Rolling Stones hit '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction', as well as Britney's first attempt at song writing on 'Dear Diary'.
Britney has already topped the charts in many countries with the very up-beat and all too familiar sounding 'Oops! I Did It Again', and it's no surprise. For those fans who have not yet purchased this album, you may want to consider purchasing the Australian version, which contains 15 tracks (Girl In The Mirror, You Got It and Heart) as well as a limited edition facsimile Britney Spears V.I.P. pass.
1. Oops! I Did It Again - This song may contain a hint of 'Baby One More Time' and 'Crazy', but it is excellent. A very up-beat and catchy song. 5/5
2. Strong - A very funky up-beat song, and some unusual vocals. It's very "Britney" and extremely catchy. 4.5/5
3. Don't Go Knocking On My Door - An R'n'B flavored song. Definately grows on you the more you listen to it, but a good song. 4/5
4. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - The much talked about Rolling Stones cover. It really could have done without the talking at the start though. The "La La La" vocal at the beginning sounds a lot like the beginning of Mandy Moore's 'Not Too Young'. The song itself, is one I think you'll either love or hate. Personally, I really like it. A lot different to the original which I think is a good thing for cover songs. It's mid-tempo, and quite impressive. 4/5
5. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know - The start of this almost sounds a bit oriental. It is a ballad, that was co-written by Shania Twain and her husband/producer "Mutt" Lange. There is a certain bit of music in this chorus that reminds me of the instrumental section in 'From This Moment On. It's a lovely song, and shows her music has really matured since her debut album. 4.5/5
6. What You See Is What You Get - Another up-beat funky song. The beginning has a 'Paula Abdul' sound to it. Very catchy and yet another great pop song. 4/5
7. Lucky - One of my favorite tracks. It's another catchy mid-up-tempo song, but the intro could almost be mistaken for 'Stand By Me'. 5/5
8. One Kiss From You - This song sounds like it belongs on 'Baby One More Time'. It just doesn't have the feel of this album, but isn't bad. 3.5/5
9. Where Are You Now - This is a really nice ballad. It's quite slow, with a lot of backing vocals and nice guitar. 4/5
10. Can't Make You Love Me - Yet another of Britney's very up-beat, danceable, singable, catchy tunes. 3.5/5
11. When Your Eyes Say It - This song has a Sophie B. Hawkins sound to it. It's a slow and calm song. 4/5
12. Girl In The Mirror (Bonus) - I don't know why this wasn't on the general release of this album, it's a really nice and 'pretty' sounding song. Definately worth getting the version with this song. 4.5/5
13. You Got It All (Bonus) - The beginning of this sounds a little like 'I Will Still Love You' from Baby One More Time. This is a mid-tempo average song. 3.5/5
14. Heart (Bonus) - A slow-mid tempo song. It's quite a good song, with a nice string section. 4/5
15. Dear Diary - So, is Britney more than a performer with a good voice? This is her first released track written by herself. It's a slow track about a boy, and not a bad attempt with a nice finishing touch to the album. 3.5/5
It's not a matter of if this album will be successful, but a matter of counting the countries it will top the charts. Britney has definately matured, and it can be heard in most of the songs on this album without losing her special touch.
Leaving 'Baby One More Time' for dead, 'Oops! I Did It Again' is a fantastic follow-up album, and is evidence that all the imitators just don't have it. An album definately worth purchasing if you've enjoyed past Britney Spears hits, you will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars BRITNEY'S GOT IT AGAIN!, May 25, 2000
This review is from: Oops!... I Did It Again (Audio CD)
She did it again. This album is yet the best one from Britney.OPPPPPSSSS I did it again shows the more mature side of Miss Spears. From the uptempo songs like Oops... I did it again and Don't go knockin' on my Door all the way to the soulful ballads like Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know and Dear Diary. Miss Spears proves that she's not just a teenybopper being put together, but instead she proves that she is a talented singer. She also proves that she had grown a lot. And once again this album proves that. And to top it all she even co wrote a song in this album called Dear Diary and as a matter of fact I think that she did a really good job with it. And i give her credit for the one because she proves that she could not only sing but she can also write her own music. And for me I think that's a good thing, because what kind of a singer or musician are you if you don't even know how to write your own music. AND FOR ME THAT'S ONLY A FEW REASONS WHY THIS ALBUM SHOULD BE A BIG HIT.
KRISSY

4.0 out of 5 stars She did it again... and better, May 25, 2000
This review is from: Oops!... I Did It Again (Audio CD)
Other than her lead off single "Baby One More Time," I didn't like Spiers' first CD at all. So why did I buy the new one? Media hype, good reviews, and a infectious new single ("Ooops... I Did It Again). And guess what? Spiers' new sexy attitude and sexier growl have won me over. The first five songs are delicious slices of pop perfection, and her cover of the Stones' "Satisfaction" is a creative kiss off to her detractors. The rest of the album is hit and miss ("Dear Diary" is pure drivel -- teenage girls will love it). But this new CD is quite an accomplishment for Ms. Spiers and her Europop producers. Turning 18 is the best thing that ever happened to Brittany. Her music is maturing. Can't wait to hear from her at 21.

3.0 out of 5 stars could be better, June 27, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Oops!... I Did It Again (Audio CD)
I got this cd for my birthday as a gag gift, but i ended up listening to it. Britney's upbeat songs on this album ~ "Oops..," "Stronger," "Don't Go Knockin' on My Door," "What U See," and "Can't Make You Love Me" are what she does best; they're catchy and fun, regardless of the sometimes stupid lyrics and the fact that they all kind of sound alike. "Lucky" is also one of the better tracks on the album, it reminds me of "Born to Make You Happy," in that it was exactly a faster song, but not slow either. HOWEVER! Here is a word of advice for Britney Spears ~ do us ALL a favor and leave the ballads to singers who actually have amazing vocal talents, such as Christina Aguilera and Jessica Simpson! No matter how many records she sells or how many teenybopper fans she has, Britney Spears does NOT NOT NOT have a good voice at ALL. Her voice is whiny and annoying at times. And these slow ballads such as "Don't Let Me Be the Last To Know" and "Where Are You Now" just make that so clear, that she can't sing! One of those songs will never have the soul and power of something like "I Turn To You" or "I Wanna Love You Forever." And could you see Britney trying to sing one of these ballads? I don't think so. One last thing ~ I'm sorry, cause i know she co-wrote it or whatever, but "Dear Diary" is quite possibly the stupidest song i've ever heardin my life. So, basically what I think is that, as long you skip tracks 5, 9, 11, and 12, this album could be pretty good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, so many excellent songs!, May 23, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Oops!... I Did It Again (Audio CD)
OK, here is what I think of each track.
Oops I did it again-- a great song, pretty much a classic already. Not my favorite song, but a very catchy, dancable song 5/5
Stronger -- Lots of synthesizing, but A really good tune that sends a good message.5/5
Don't go knocking on my door-- Another good pop song, the chorus is a little awkward at fist but I like it better know.4/5
(I Can't get no)Satisfaction-- A change of pace in the Cd, but has a good beat. 4/5
Don't Let me be the last to know--my favorite ballad, great vocals 5/5
What U See is What U Get--my second favorite song. Very danceable, like Oops.5/5
Lucky--A very personal song for Britney, it has a great melody but is different from the typical pop rhythms 5/5
One Kisss from you--Another good pop song, not my fav though 4/5
Where are you know-- excellent vocals, very powerful and emotional 5/5
Can't make you love me-- MY FAV, cool background noises and a very catchy beat. I really hope this becomes a single.6/5
When your eyes say it--Yes, a little corny, but a sweet ballad with very deep lyrics.4/5
Dear Diary--I'm imoressed with Britney on this. Nothing that stands out a lot, but a very sweet and personal song. 4/5
Much better than her first album, "Oops" is pop at its finest! Take my word for it

5.0 out of 5 stars Oops!...She's Done It Again, July 7, 2000
This review is from: Oops!... I Did It Again (Audio CD)
Yes, she has. Britney Spears, international pop sensation, has released a brand-new album that is chock full of fun, danceable music. While others might say that Britney's music hasn't changed since her 1999 hit album (...Baby One More Time), this isn't so. Britney's lyrics are much more mature in this album, and her voice reflects that. Below, I've listed the 12 songs on the CD, with a brief discription of each.
1) Oops!...I Did It Again- The album's title track is fun, energetic, and perfect for dancing, plus it is extremely catchy. This one will definitely make you hit the "Repeat" button on your CD player. The video is also great, with its bouncy beats and awesome dance moves!
2) Stronger- Possibly my favorite song on this album, for a few reasons. It's lively and packed with energy! This track alone shows how much Britney has changed in a year. Instead of the lovesick, pleading lyrics present in her previous album, Britney sounds, well, "stronger" in this one. My favorite line in this song is, "My loneliness ain't killing me no more." Sound familiar?
3) Don't Go Knockin' On My Door- A really cool song with an R&B sound to it. It ends with a phone conversation between Britney and her friend.
4) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction- A nice song that starts slowly and gets faster. It is really not as bad as you may have heard. It would sound better, however, without the bazillion "uh"s heard every few seconds.
5) Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know- A sweet ballad that illustrates Britney's new-found maturity. It sounds very nice, especially with the cool background music.
6) What U See (Is What U Get)- A great track about the need to be yourself. It ends with a phone message to Britney from a friend, giving her an idea for the next song on this album...
7) Lucky- A fabulous song! It shows you that even the life of a Hollywood star is not perfect. After all, fame and money don't guarantee happiness.
8) One Kiss From You- An okay song, but nothing really special. You may want to skip over this one. I guess you could call it a "filler."
9) Where Are You Now- One of the slower songs on this album. Britney holds a fairly long note in this song (It's about time)!
10) Can't Make You Love Me- A good, bouncy song. Definitely worth listening to.
11) When Your Eyes Say It- One of the better slow songs, with plenty of soft whispering from Britney. At the end, you'll hear a conversation between Britney and her pals, in which Britney spots a cute guy walking by. This leads us to her final song...
12) Dear Diary- A sweet, slow song about a boy that Britney falls in love with. Although she wants to get to know him, she doesn't know what to say, so she asks her diary for advice.
Well, that brings us to the end of Britney's new album. I believe that this CD is much better than her previous one, simply because she sounds much more mature, independant, and confident. I highly recommend "Oops!...I Did It Again" to any lover of pop music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel album., May 24, 2000
This review is from: Oops!... I Did It Again (Audio CD)
Britney Spears's voice and music seems more mature and grown up then her first one "...Baby One More Time". I guess it's 'cause she's older when she made "Oops!...I Did It Again". Of course, it's still mostly the same kind of music and beat to it. "Oops!...I Did It Again" is probably my favorite song. I like the dilouge she did with Max Martin during the middle of the song. My older sister told me they were talking about the 'Heart of the Ocean' from the movie, "Titanic". I'm not really sure, but that makes sense when you really listen to it. Anyway, I also like the songs "Stronger", "Don't Go Knockin' On My Door", and "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction". I like all the other songs, too. But the ones I mentioned are my favorite. Britney's voice hasn't really changed all that much, but she sure has gotten more mature. Her first CD was a fun CD to listen to, but "Oops!...I Did It Again" is a much more serious CD, I think. If you enjoy listening to Britney Spears's music, then you'll love her new album!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just trying to chip away at the average customer rating, August 22, 2002
This review is from: Oops!... I Did It Again (Audio CD)
Why do people call Britney Spears an artist. She doesnt write her own music, and she sings poorly the lyrics others have writen for her. She's going on her looks, and as wise people know, looks will not last. Every thing must eventually wither and grow old, become less attractive, and die. Therefore, you should focus on the permanent:human creativity. Listen to Pink Floyd, Bob Marley, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Dr. Dre,Mozart, Brahms, Beethoven. Thats good music.

1.0 out of 5 stars Throw this CD in the garbage!, September 2, 2002
This review is from: Oops!... I Did It Again (Audio CD)
This CD is nothing but a trite and worthless piece of garbage that truly is a testiment to the declining rate of progress in music in recent years. This CD shows little or no originality at all.
The title track is a rip-off of the title track to her debut album and that song was bad enough to begin with. What the hell does "Oops I Did It Again" mean anyway?
Then we then head into more of the same juvenile morass with jokes like the barbie-doll sounding Lucky, the virtually unlistenable Stronger whose video is a cheap knockoff of Janet Jacksons Miss You Much and then the ridiculous cover of the Rolling Stones Can't Get No Satisfaction which features vocals that are more like a mouse singing on a broken microphone.
Why this CD is still getting such great reviews is absolutely unbelievable!
She will never be anywhere close to Madonna! Madonna earlier music has tens of times more maturity than what could ever come from any of Britneys albums. Bloody hell even N Sync & Christina Aguilera are better than Britney.
Before you waste your money on this I say stop put this CD back on the shelf, go pick-up Deleriums Karma, anything by Genesis, Made In Japan by Deep Forest or Peter Gabriels SO. Trust me any of these CDs I mentioned you'll be happy to own where trash like Oops I Did It Again will sink and vanish off the face of the music world.
DO NOT BUY THIS ALBUM! PERIOD!

Oops!... I Did It Again
Oops!... I Did It Again by Britney Spears (Audio CD - 2000)