Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 6, 2006
This is a lot of value for a very small price. You can embark on a life changing journey utilizing these pages.

This is a book that makes large, emotional issues approachable for couples, and makes sense out of the often baffling conflicts and complexities of intimate relationships. It is largely based on a twelve-step recovery program, RCA, Recovering Couples Anonymous, but is written for any couple's use, as long as the desire to reach for something better is sincere.

The first few chapters explore important issues and concepts, and my husband and I have gained a lot of confidence in the book from reading these chapters aloud to one another. We gained a number of valuable and helpful insights as well, about ourselves and one another.It is written in a realistic, insightful and respectfully caring style, that we found encouraging.

The rest of the book is in a workbook format, with exercises that are geared to helping a couple understand themselves and the entity of the relationship and bring all the pieces together in an honest way that can, I believe, lead to healing. The exercises are accompanied by guiding explanations.

I have not worked these exercises yet, but my husband and I intend to do so when we're through with the readings.
on April 8, 2012
My husband and I have been working through this book for awhile with really terrific results. Anything by Patrick Carnes is worth reading, and going through this book is like having a therapist walk you step by step through the recovery process. Would definitely recommend.
on February 8, 2013
After reading this book my 6 year marriage took a turn for the best.

I rekindled my love for my wife. Now we feel like teenagers again.

We have great communication and a very loving relationship.
on November 22, 2009
We had really hit a hard spot in our marriage, and working through this book together has helped tremendously. It's not easy work, but well worth the result at the end. Your husband does have to work it too though, and you have to dig deep. I have been to numerous 12 step meetings, but there's always another layer of the onion
on March 21, 2013
This is tough work but it is work that has help my marriage beyond what I ever could believe it to be. We hav cried and we have laughed but it is a wonderful book the requires dedication and committment to yourself and your partner. Highly recommend this book.
on September 10, 2014
I love this book for telling the truth about relationships: they are as important to adult humans as the infant to mother relationship. We adult humans in our present modern world do not understand just how important simple actions in our primary relationship can make a huge difference in our lives.
on February 24, 2014
Great book. Good start to understanding good communication and repairing a relationship.Good step by step book for working through the process
on September 23, 2008
Patrick Carnes is a "founding father" in this field and does not disappoint. He displays complete understanding and guides gently on the path to wholeness for couples. Double WOW!
on December 23, 2013
Excellent source for healing and help in marriage for couples seeking true intimacy and healthy mutuality. This could also be beneficial for couples prior to marriage.
on March 13, 2013
I tried to get more information on Patric Carnes but this book must be out of date, as far as structured classes.