Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now DOTD

Format: MP3 MusicChange

on November 1, 2011
Tyrese has always released great albums, and "Open Invitation doesn't disappoint at all. This album just shows he's been gone from music for a long time. Tyrese stated "My heart was put into this album" and he's proven it because i definitely feel the heart and soul he gives to this album.

I'm not one to pick my favorite song. i personally like the whole album!

I highly recommend that you go out and buy this album and not download it illegally.In the words of Tyrese: "I made it for ya'll", R&B is back! and i recommend the Boyz 2 Men "Twenty" album as well i swear you won't be disappointed from either of them especially if your a fan of both, they deliver!

"the game owes" Tyrese. Now finally with this `Invitation' hopefully Tyrese Gibson will get the returns he deserves. It's time for everyone to open up. They've been invited.

11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2013
Ever since Tyrese made his debut on a Coca-Cola commercial in 1995, he has been destined for stardom. Driving that point home, he signed a recording contract with RCA Records to release his 1998 self titled album "Tyrese"- which yielded the hits "Sweet Lady" and "Lately". Shortly thereafter, he made his acting debut in the John Singleton cult classic "Baby Boy". A few months 1ater, he released his sophomore effort "2000 Watts" and left RCA for J Records for his third album "I Wanna Go There". He resumed his acting career by teaming up with John Singleton again for "2 Fast 2 Furious" and "Four Brothers" as well as starring in the remake of the Jimmy Stewart film "Flight Of The Phoenix". As he was getting attention for his film roles, his recording career was noticeably taking a back seat. He returned in 2006 with the half rap-half R&B album "Alter Ego", but by then his music career had been forgotten- largely due to the success of the blockbuster Michael Bay film "Transformers". A sequel to the film followed suit and had people wondering if Tyrese would ever return to music.

He responded by releasing the first single "Stay" which featured his onetime co-star Taraji P. Henson as his love interest. In 2011, he released his fifth album "Open Invitiation" on EMI Records. Newcomer Brandon "B.A.M." Alexander (Best known for his work on Joe's album "The Good, The Bad, The Sexy") produces all but two songs on the album. Producer Lil' Ronnie (R. Kelly, Raheem DeVaughn, Musiq Soulchild) oversees production on the songs "It's All On Me" and "One Night" which was co-written by 112 member Quinnes Parker. He announces his return to music on the opening track "I'm Home" which features California rapper Jay Rock, and teams up with R. Kelly and Rick Ross on "I Gotta Chick". He also works with his Ludacris on the song "Too Easy", which sounds noticeably similar to the Ron Browz & Jim Jones song "Pop Champagne". While the aforementioned songs are clearly geared toward the clubs, he hasn't forgotten about the ballads that have become his trademark. Look no further than the songs "Best Of Me", "Nothing On You" and "Make Love". While "Open Invitation" is solid recording from Tyrese, it seems as if he's pandering to a younger audience at times. Despite that minor setback, it's a welcomed return for the underrated singer.
on February 25, 2013
item shipped fast .it was brand new and I love the album it is a great buy best of me is my favorite song!
on December 18, 2012
So I'm not at all a Tyrese fan... never have been really... BUT! This joint is HOT!

I haven't heard much about it from anyone and his label definitely didn't put ANY money into marketing this... but this entire album is nice. The ladies love it... It's one of those put it in and press play joints. I gave every song at least a 4 stars of out 5 rating, with a few getting 5 out of 5. "I gotta chick" and "Angel" are on my Get Some playlist! LOL This is definitely one of THEE most slept on albums in a very long time. Kudos to Tyrese!
VINE VOICEon December 16, 2011
This is my first Tyrese venture and 'Stay' was the motivation for my purchase! I love this song, the lyrics, and the video is awesome! Ty'Rese and Tariji have a dynamic chemistry similar to Billy Dee Williams and Diana Ross. 'Stay' has that old school uplifting tempo that brings Eddie Kane Jr. or David Ruffins to my mind! I've thoroughly enjoyed the cd as a whole although there are one or two that are mediocre. I would also suggest parental discretion, mos def grown folks music...a tad ris'que at some points Great job! 4.48
on November 2, 2011
I had the opportunity to purchase and buy the album at local record store in Brooklyn yesterday where Tyrese showed up and signed the album and took pictures with fans. I really enjoyed my self.

His long awaited album is great. Press play and you won't need to skip any songs. The album is grown and sexy and will be on rotation for a while.
on August 9, 2013
On his sixth album in his fifteen year career, Tyrese returns to actual singing and provide an album that shows off how strong he is vocally. In addition to the lead single Stay the album features some bedroom slow jams (Make Love & What Took You So Long) and club songs (I Gotta Chick & Too Easy). With few guests appearances save for Rick Ross, R. Kelly and Ludacris, all in this is a fine album and here's hoping Tyrese doesn't take another break.
on December 26, 2011
Tyrese filled the big void in R&B music with this album, 'Open Invitation' is a real soulful album, every track on the album is classic. Some of my favorite tracks are "Angel" which features Candace (written by R.Kelly), "Nothing On You", "Best of Me", "Its All On Me", and "I'm Home" w/ Watts rapper Jay Rock

If you're a supporter of good R&B music.. this album is worth a listen.
on December 2, 2012
i think opene invitation is a great album. i can listen to it on repeat. the man can sing hands down. and the fact that this was released without a major label i feel made it better. he could make the songs how he wanted and put them on the album. the man will give you chills and make you fall in love/ remeber an ex all over again. black ty has made another classic
on December 10, 2011
Tyrese said on the Steve Harvey Morning Show that the song he sung "What Took You So Long" was available on the CD I went to ITunes and it said it was on the album (CD) when I bought it from Amazon the song isn't on it. This song is so beautiful and I have no way to get it so that's why am disappointed, but he does have some nice songs.