Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Open Season 2
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon January 24, 2009
I had high hopes for this one as animation can look so pristine in BD, but I was in for a shock. Sony Animation was behind this, but it had the whole Cartoon Network look to it instead. The main voice talents from the first film did not come over,nor did any of the writing/production staff (and it shows).

The story is just ok, entailing friends helping and rescuing each other with plenty of adventure and rabbit abuse. One of the main characters is a dachshund so apparently the "wiener" humor is what passes for hilarity these days. While it has been playing in the store kids of all ages are entranced by it but the parents haven't been thrilled with the parts they have seen. The "..that lady pulled my wiener.." and "..my beautiful rack.." lines raise a few parent's eyebrows so it hasn't exactly been a hit like I had hoped.

The BD supplements are painful, including "deleted scenes" which were hand sketched and not worth the time. The "Weenie Arcade" has a horribly spliced "Who Let the Dogs Out" video by the Baha Men, a how to draw the animals tutorial, and a featurette about the faces behind the voices.

I loved Hoodwinked, even with that style of animation, and OS2 looks similar in nature (no pun meant) but is much less of a quality film. I have read where people say this an ideal family film, which nothing really offends me so I would watch it with my kids, but needless to say I lost a few rentals playing it in the store. And for a BD, not one of the memorable ones.
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2009
Aside from the trite story line and really cheap animation the real reason for watching this animation was going to be it's anticipated hilarious humor. So here's the humor count: Half chuckle 10 minutes into movie; another half chuckle around 23 and again 45 minutes. Fell asleep between 23 and 45 so there may be more. Story was resolved at about 65 minutes and the final 20 minutes was pointless filler. Suggestion: Stop at Open Season 1 if you want to be left with fond memories.
on March 9, 2009
I didn't have any expectations for this movie, but I liked the first one and wanted to buy this one as well. I was a bit disappointed in the story line and more disappointed that the original cast did not do the voices for this one. It has it's funny parts though. Not as good as Madagascar 2 but I'll keep it.
on February 10, 2009
Boog and Elliot and the cast of Open Season are back for another crazy adventure. In this one, Elliot plans to marry Giselle but the plans are cut short when he see Mr. Weenie get kidnapped. Boog, Elliot, McSquizzy, Buddy, Giselle and the rest of the gang launch a rescue mission to save their friend, only to find themselves in a war with pets.

Take heart, though, fellow Open Seasoners...there's been some changes made this time around. Gone are Martin Lawrence & Ashton Kutcher, in are Mike Epps & Joel McHale. Personally, I think they did a decent job at capturing Boog & Elliot's essence for this movie. Although, I missed Martin and Ashton's presence. They seemed to have a chemistry that showed in the original.

While I love this movie and recommend it to you, wholeheartedly; it still lacks that certain something to me that made the original so great. I'm going to be honest with you, above all, concerning my feelings for the movie. It's not a bad movie by any means. Everyone gives stellar performances. It's just something didn't click. Maybe that is why the movie was released straight to DVD and not theatrically.

At any rate, would I recommend you buy it still and add it to your collection? Most definitely.
on August 31, 2010
1. Doesn't have Martin Lawrence or Ashton Kutcher
2. Lots of sexual innuendos
3. Lame story
4. Dissapointing looking character models/animation (doesnt come close to the first)
dont waste your money.
on June 18, 2015
I think people are being a little harsh in some of their reviews. Remember this is a kid's movie. So while it may be boring to you, it may not be to the kids. I do have to say that the first one was much better. However, my son enjoys watching it and laughs quite a bit. So that's all that matters to me.
on June 11, 2016
Great movie, but for some reason the rental through Amazon was very pixelated during many parts of the movie for brief periods of time (maybe 3 or 4 minutes max per time). The sound quality was also poor; we had everything maxed out and we normally have to keep the volume low to watch movies. The movie itself wasn't the reason I'm rating it 3 stars (that would get a higher rating), but the quality of our rental from Amazon. I plan to call and talk with someone in hopes they can refund our rental fee because it was that intrusive to the viewing experience.
on May 7, 2014
Great Fun!! :) My partner & I love these movies. We at times will watch one of these movie's in the evening after a day being with people, just to sit back relax, laugh & let go of the day. Oh yes & share a bowl of popcorn. I enjoy how light hearted these movies are.
on May 2, 2014
This movie was good to me and my family. And as I mentioned in my review in the third one. I feel they did good with the voice replacements. They sound a lot like before. Maybe not exact but it's not bad. Me and my family luked them still
on May 31, 2013
I bought this because my great grandchildren kept insisting that there was an open season part two, until I looked it up. Sure enough there was one and an open season part three. I bought it, and they have seen it twice. None other of my great grandchildren cared to see it, so here is another one that I will probably donate.