Customer Discussions > The Flying Nun: Season 2 forum

Opening Sequence for the third season of The Flying Nun

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 1, 2008 2:26:27 PM PST
J.w.w. says:
Way back in 1979 while The Flying Nun was in syndication, I happened to see the third season specific opening from '69-'70. It was different from the one that is now included in the dvd releases. I wonder if any one else has every seen it before. I also wonder if and when the 3rd season of Flying Nun is released on dvd, if this opening will be included once more. In any case, I'd love to see it again. Maybe on youtube if possible.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2009 8:44:50 PM PST
George says:
the third season was great just like the first two seasons my kids are watching it and love the show.I want sony to release the third season of flying nun coz down hear down under everybody loves the show and it will sell.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2009 8:46:52 PM PST
George says:
the third season was great just like the first two seasons my kids are watching it and love the show.I want sony to release the third season of flying nun coz down hear down under everybody loves the show and it will sell.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2010 10:23:30 PM PST
Sky High says:
I remember it well. Gone were the dog on a leash and Sister Bertrille boardwalk flipped scenes, instead were aerial acrobatics in the gleaming sunlight. Haven't seen this since the 70s either!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 12:41:54 PM PST
You aren't crazy. During the late 70s / early 80s all of the Screen Gems programs were syndicated by a different company then they had been before. At this time that company made new editions from the original prints of the shows. Gone were the repetitive sydicated opening credits for I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, and others, replaced with their original versions. Often the title song audio would cut out early to eliminate the announcer telling who the show was sponsored by. You can see some of these titles on youtube.com. I also remember that on the I Dream of Jeannie episodes where they went to Hawaii, they even included the clips where Jeannie talks about the viewers being able to win a trip to Hawaii. Deadline was sometime in 1969! That cracked me up. Well, I thought, I've missed the deadline by 14 years or so . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 5:54:49 PM PST
J.w.w. says:
Thanks,

It's great knowing that I did not imagine the whole thing. Wouldn't it be nice to see it once more?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Feb 1, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Flying Nun: Season 2
The Flying Nun: Season 2 by Sally Field (DVD - 2006)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (45)