5.0 out of 5 stars Side-loaded it onto the Kindle Fire
Several months ago I side loaded Opera Mobile from my phone onto the Kindle Fire. I like it more than the built-in Silk browser. It seems much faster, and I like the way that tabs work on Opera Mobile better. Plus I'm using Opera Link so that my bookmarks are synced across devices.

Published on May 15, 2012 by DuBois

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit hard to navigate on an Android device.
Published on December 9, 2012 by Toby D. Radloff

5.0 out of 5 stars Side-loaded it onto the Kindle Fire, May 15, 2012
DuBois (Westerville, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opera Mobile Web Browser (App)

Supposedly Opera Mobile is not compatible with the Kindle Fire. I have no idea why they say this. It works great on the Kindle Fire. When I update Opera Mobile on my phone, I side-load the updated version onto the Kindle Fire, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent browser, March 31, 2011
This review is from: Opera Mobile Web Browser (App)
Really faster than the native android browser and with a proper tabs experience.
Sometimes confuses the mobile vs the full html version of some pages like Google News.
Overally strongly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars best, August 23, 2011
This review is from: Opera Mobile Web Browser (App)
best on iphone and best on android
also best on pc even though not as many people use opera.

EXTREMELY RELIABLE.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit hard to navigate on an Android device., December 9, 2012
This review is from: Opera Mobile Web Browser (App)
I was looking for an alternative browser for an older Android 2.2 tablet, but Opera didn't seem to work well for me. Some webpages appeared too fine print, like trying to squeeze a desktop version of Hotmail, for example, on my 7" Sylvania. Amazon does not offer Mobile Mozilla Firefox (only available through Google Play), which my Sylvania cannot access...which is way I tried Opera. At least the stock browser (which is Google Chrome-based) downloads Hotmail and other sites in their mobile/tablet versions. Opera doesn't.

2.0 out of 5 stars There are other options in browsers, February 27, 2013
This review is from: Opera Mobile Web Browser (App)
I've used Opera Mobile (Android tablet) for its sync capabilities with Opera for Windows (desktop). The tablet crashed and needed to be factory reset, requiring downloads of programs anew. It installed fine but refused to sync. A search for a solution revealed that it is a common situation without a published remedy, a message "Unable to connect to network."

There are always compromises, and I had been reconciled to Opera's many flaws. Oddly, the chronic problem of frequent crashes upon encountering a PDF seemed to have subsided. Well, when it could no longer sync, it was time to move on.

With an older Android 2.2 tablet, new versions of Chrome and Firefox for Android are for newer OS tablets. Dolphin is nice but doesn't have a Windows desktop model or sync. I'm trying Maxthon and so far more pleased with Maxthon than with Opera. It's early in my use experience, so we'll see how it goes. Syncing was really easy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flash fails - HTML 5 OK on Xoom, April 19, 2011
This review is from: Opera Mobile Web Browser (App)
I run both Flash and HTML 5 content on my web server. Loaded Opera onto my Xoom running HC 3.0.1. It will not display flash content (menus or players) properly. Reloaded Flash 10.2 just in case it was not working properly. Restarted Opera and it still will not display flash content. Tested HTML 5 content and it appears to display and function properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Opera Mobile Web Browser (App)
I use opera on my Droid at home on my laptop and at work on my desktop. It syncs between ask three systems seamlessly. I loved using chrome but switched to opera because it works better and is faster on the desktop and not having to remember passwords and having my opening page with shortcuts to all my favorite sites is a huge time saver. By far my favorite Android app, I use it every day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good browser, May 24, 2013
Reading Rainbow (Valley Station, KY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opera Mobile Web Browser (App)
Runs well on my Colby tablet but does not run as fast as the native browser for some reason. I will still keep it however for the features of the O.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Opera Mobile Web Browser (App)
Its okay for basic browsing, but the major limitation is that it will not work with some sites like YouTube.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was NOT Quick on a Samsung Tab 3, May 23, 2014
This review is from: Opera Mobile Web Browser (App)
On my Samsung Tab 3, it was 10x slower than either Google Chrome or my stock browser. No exaggeration. Not sure what the deal was, tried it with the Turbo feature on and off, but the window loads were so slow here on Amazon (my main site) that I uninstalled after 10 minutes of slug browsing.

Another hit was it did not integrate my tablet's Settings button to access its own settings menu. A minor thing compared to the perplexing load speeds, but one I use often enough to make it significant. The link touch-responsiveness was decent, the aspect that compelled me to uninstall Chrome (a very recent update had suddenly made link touch-responsiveness a clumsy donkey).

Opera Mobile Web Browser