Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $4.59 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Operation Flashpoint: Red River - Xbox 360
|Price:||$48.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- You and your fireteam can make a difference. How much is up to you. It's not the soldier with the most expensive gun or the biggest heart who wins on the battlefield. It's the smartest. Semper Fi, Marine.
- Go closer to the experience of the US Marines on campaign with the ultimate tactical infantry shooter. Stand together with 4 player drop-in drop-out online co-op multiplayer in campaign mode and standalone Fire Team Engagements
- Become immersed in an engrossing narrative which unfolds over three acts in campaign mode. Play as Grenadier, Scout, Rifleman and Automatic Rifleman classes, each with unique strengths and weaknesses for increased replayability
- Earn and spend XP on weapons, attachments and abilities for each of the fireteam's specialists
- Call in Combat Support such as Mortars, Howitzers and JDAMs, whilst AH-1Z Helicopters and A-10 Ground Attack Aircraft provide Close Air Support
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Gear up and prepare for a brutal battle as you join the war in Tajikistan. This fictional conflict features contemporary geopolitical themes, unfolding in three distinct acts. You'll have to face the new counter-insurgency and the returning threat of the Chinese PLA. Thousands of miles from home, it's up to your Marine fireteam to take a small step into the future in this tense world full of carnage and brutality.
In Operation Flashpoint: Red River, you'll enter into battle on an all-new, 200km battlefield. Explore Tajikistan with your fireteam, playing as a grenadier, rifleman, scout or auto-rifleman. Team up with up to three of your friends with the drop-in/drop-out online co-op multiplayer for both Campaign and FTE modes. With a new counter-insurgency to face and the returning threat of the Chinese PLA, will you be able to win — and survive — this modern conflict?
- Step into the future as you and your fireteam head into combat in Tajikistan
- Explore a fictional conflict with contemporary geopolitical themes in three distinct acts
- Feel the tension, brutality and carnage of modern conflict from the perspective of a Marine fireteam on deployment
- Face new counter-insurgency combat and the returning threat of the Chinese PLA
- Try not to get lost in the all-new 200km battlefield of Tajikistan
- Play as a grenadier, rifleman, scout or auto-rifleman in massive battles
- Work through the Campaign and FTE modes with friends thanks to four-player drop-in/drop-out online co-op multiplayer
- For 1 to 4 players online; 1 player locally
Platform: Xbox 360
Top Customer Reviews
If you're the kind of person who LOVES Call of Duty and thinks other games are terrible by comparison, this game is not for you.
If you enjoy console FPS games (Yes, console. PC elitists always have something to complain about, especially when it comes to series that began on PC and then moved to console/cross-platform), and you're looking for something closer to a realistic/simulation military game, then this is it! It's not as hardcore as the original PC Flashpoint or the Arma games (the real sequels to the original Flashpoint), but for console players that's a good thing. We've got a controller and a couch, so a more accessible game is better, IMO.
This game is not nearly as buggy as OF: Dragon Rising was, and has MANY feature improvements. Red River is everything I wanted from OF:DR, but didn't get. You can fully customize your loadouts, heal a wounded leg (an annoyance from DR) so you can sprint again, and have a great time playing co-op with friends.
If you want to keep the pure, hardcore feel of previous FP games, you can. Just self-impose some rules on yourself and turn off all your HUD data (the real effect of the difficulty settings in the game). Don't like that the game allows you to heal a wounded leg? Don't do it! Stopping bleeding from a wound and healing the wound are treated in 2 separate steps. Simply stop the bleeding and move on with your wounded limb. Problem solved! Those of use who don't crave the unnecessary difficulty curve or annoyance of limping through a level because of a stray bullet no longer have to put up with it.Read more ›
I really enjoyed working with my four human teammates and battling tons of enemies across huge battlefields. Each battle can last for an hour or more and very intense. If you enjoy realistic battles that make you work as a team and coordinate together then you will enjoy this game. Anybody who likes to run around and just fire away with no regard to realism then please go play the Call Duty, Halo and Gears of War series and have fun (they are fun in their own way). I like working together as a team throughout a mission and feel a sense of cohesiveness that can only be found with military squads working together to accomplish the objectives.
Example of what I'm talking about happened on my first night of playing. I was playing with 4 teammates on a campaign mission and one of the teammates was a young guy who told us how good Call of Duty: Black Ops (it is in its own way) is compared to other shooters and then complained about why does this game have such huge levels and why he keeps getting killed. Well when we started are mission he took off like you do in games like COD: Black Ops and we all kept telling him to form up and stay together.Read more ›
1) Prior military: Tank and then Scout Platoon Leader with 1AD in Iraq in 03 and 04. Some people don't think this matters apparently, but I'll hold that it might make a difference in my judgement of a military based game.
2) I love GRAW 2 and think that the COOP missions were the best part of the game. Great online community worldwide. I hated it's campaign. Too linear.
3) I love the HALO series (ODST is still my favorite) but it's online community is still the most obnoxious one I can think of, but enjoy the campaign more than the vs mode.
4) I hate MW1, loved MW2, and thought Black Ops has been the best addition so far. Campaigns are a bit idiotic, but the multiplayer is setting the standard for what it should be.
5) I loved Dragon Rising. Campaign is awesome and that you can do it COOP was excellent and it was hard! It was gritty and real and fun in that patient sort of thinking mans fight instead of running the board like the Spartan 117 guns blazing.
But, on to Red River:
5 stars for fun? No. It requires too much patience to be that much fun. Halo, Black Ops, those are games that are FUN. This is about the realism (for the most part)and forcing you to think the situation out and fight through it intelligently and viciously.
Sound: Solid.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great game! I ordered its last Tuesday and it came earlier then the arrival date! Also gave me a free game!!.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
If it weren't for the awful and infuriating AI, this would be a great game. Multiplayer is fun but sparse..not many folks playing this anymore. Read morePublished 6 months ago by TomCrone77
good game, i will not write a 3 paragraph review on it.
however this game for being so old, is still great. Read more
I love how you are not a one man army how 1 enemy behind a wall or 200 meters out can wound or kill u the same as u can them I like the aspect of how 1 bullet can wound or kill how... Read morePublished 10 months ago by ollie