5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book
I got this book for my manufacturing class at James Madison University and it was great. It is a very detailed and well informing book. It has been "dumbed" down because it is being used by business schools so it is not has math intensive has previous versions.

It does not come with online material

Comes with a CD of companies that are talked about...
Published on January 5, 2012 by Jwill

3.0 out of 5 stars Homework problems in International edition
Published on April 13, 2011 by lenz3333

3.0 out of 5 stars Homework problems in International edition, April 13, 2011
This review is from: Operations and Supply Chain Management (The Mcgraw-Hill/Irwin Series) (Hardcover)
If you anticipate a lot of homework in your class, DO NOT buy the international edition. Until now, I have had no problems with the international editions of many of my textbooks. I bought the international edition of this text for my class. So far, I have had many of my homework problems (about 30% in each submission) corrected when returned to me until I realized that it was not my mistake but that the data given for those homework problems was different in my textbook compared to that of the standard edition. Thankfully, my professor and TA were understanding and thus, got full credit. It might not be so with other professors.
Other than the above mentioned problem and few case studies missing in the international edition, the text is great. It's easy to understand and the chapters are short and manageable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, January 5, 2012

It does not come with online material

Comes with a CD of companies that are talked about in the book and are used as examples.

Overall a good book, I am keeping it to use for another class.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Text, July 20, 2011
Overall this is one of the better textbooks i have used. Short and to the point chapters, end of chapter problems/quizzes/definitions that are helpful. It also has solved problems in the chapter and at the end which is nice. Overall i liked this textbook.

1.0 out of 5 stars mandatory but worst text book I have ever used, April 13, 2011
Dave Mathis (APO, AE United States) - See all my reviews
This text book is mandatory for my college class otherwise I would return it (refund or not). The authors must have adult ADD because they cannot seem to stay on track. The key terms are given mostly vague explanations (if any at all) and the problems are not explained to a level that allows you to solve them. I am in the supply chain management profession and found the authors explanations general and confusing. They talk about a subject but then totally fail to explain how they differ from the next subject which uses some of the same verbiage. I was really excited to take this course but after suffering through this horrible text I am left wondering how good it could have been with a half-way deceit text book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book with Real-World Applications, August 18, 2013
A straight-forward book that delivers the basics of supply chain management with modern real-world examples. Unfortunately, my book did not come with the CD - would have been nice to have since the CD shows you how to work with Microsoft Excel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Read, October 28, 2011
Each chapter is clearly outlined with supportive tools to practice or visual a concept. The author does a great job with illustrations and examples that help bring the idea to life. The book is well organized!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, June 14, 2013
This book was easy to follow and easy to read. I enjoyed the summaries and would recommend it to others

2.0 out of 5 stars Examples Not Fully Developed, April 6, 2011
This was a mandatory buy for a class I am taking in Operations Supply Chain Management.While most of the text is an easy read, I thought the examples are not clear. There are numbers in chapters 5 and 6 examples that the authors never chose to explain fully how they were calculated. If examples are to be helpful, they need to be broken down more fully. It reminds me of my old High school math teachers, who always skipped steps when presenting problems and left the class shaking their heads. I am only up to Chapter 9, but this is the review I have so far. I am looking for a more introductory book to help with the class.

4.0 out of 5 stars Online reference material makes this a good purchase, Amazon delivery was fantastic, November 18, 2012
This is for a class...obviously the instructor picked the book. The instructor did not register the course with McGraw Hill for quizzes and testing though...however, McGraw Hill online references are still available for use, review, etc. I am pleased with the free online resources as they add value to the book and enhance your learning. The class videos are not available though as Hurricane Sandy took out the website and you now need to register and find the videos displayed in class. Delivery from Amazon was amazing and on-time as promised.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but not so good service., February 24, 2014
Even though the book had few writings and markings, overall it is in good condition and the price was matchless- only about one third the price of a brand new book. The only thing I did not like was the service of the seller- a third party called Bookbyte123. They never contacted me when the book was shipped out and so finally I HAD to contact them to find out the status of my order. The book did get to me on-time but a little more communication would have been nice.
Prakriti

Operations and Supply Chain Management (The Mcgraw-Hill/Irwin Series)
Operations and Supply Chain Management (The Mcgraw-Hill/Irwin Series) by F. Robert Jacobs (Hardcover - March 9, 2010)
Used & New from: $9.43