5.0 out of 5 stars Opi Gel Axxium
Published on April 11, 2010 by J. Aldridge

2.0 out of 5 stars be careful!
This is hard type, not soft. If you are intro level of gel nail user, I strongly recommend not to buy this one.
Published 3 months ago by Caz

5.0 out of 5 stars Opi Gel Axxium, April 11, 2010
This review is from: Opi Axxium Gel System- Intro Kit (Health and Beauty)
This is a great product. I no longer wear acrylic nails and wanted to start the process of repairing my own nails. This is a great way to make the switch. My nails look great and the process is easy and quick. Just make sure the color you select is what you like because to change the color once you start polishing is not that easily done. The clear polish that is applied to your nails hardens
your nails, because they are very weaken from the acrylic process. The opi gel laquer lasts for approximately two weeks, no chipping
and the polish looks wet all the time, very vibrant. This is my choice for now!!

4.0 out of 5 stars i LOVE this but it's not for me, April 19, 2010
Buddingtwigs (Bridgewater, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opi Axxium Gel System- Intro Kit (Health and Beauty)
I am not a 'nail enhancement' enthusiast in general, but prefer to work on maintaining great natural nails. i went for a regular mani/pedi and this polish was presented to me as a 'soak off gel polish'. i was all over it! it is BEAUTIFUL, shiny, perfect, strong and stays absolutely flawless for weeks. i was amazed. best thing ever.....but....it will not come off me. my manicurist suggested after 3 tries that i do not use it because she has never seen anyone with the reaction i have where it just won't come off. so i know i may be the 'oddball' but i'm sure someone else out there is like me.
and for the rest of you in the majority--if you can use this--use it and i envy you!! it is beautiful!
but currently my natural nails are damaged from it and my skin is cracked from soaking in acetone for about 40 minutes. :(
also i'll add that although the color palette available is limited, you can mix them like normal nail polish. i had taken a blah pale pink and then put a shimmer coat over it. another time i did 2 different pinks to create a 'new' color.
i wish i could still use this!
good luck with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The polish of a lifetime!!, May 21, 2010
auntnancy (CHERRY HILL, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opi Axxium Gel System- Intro Kit (Health and Beauty)
I have horrible peeling ugly nails. They look good for about a day and a half after a manicure, but then they chip and peel away. My nails are too fragile for the buffing needed for acrylics and acrylics look lousy on my thin fingers anyway. My salon aggressively sold me on these during a moment of weakness. Best thing that has ever happened to my nails! The polish is hard, durable, shiny and perfect after a whole week. One reviewer mentioned that they wouldn't come off of her nails, I haven't had to deal with that yet because it is my first use. I chose a very dark color (Linkin Park) so that could be an issue for me, but I am committed to this polish. My nails have NEVER looked this good.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my gel french manicure !, July 31, 2013
Eveto (Cambridge, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opi Axxium Gel System- Intro Kit (Health and Beauty)
I used to get it done at a nail salon until I decided I was spending way too much money ($50 every 3 weeks). Then I invested in this system and got me some UV lamps and nail drills and was ready to roll. It is somewhat tricky to apply the pink gel and I used to think once you are done with the white tips, the rest is a piece of cake. It turns out the pink is the most difficult part because the gel is very viscous and it will end up with a lot of bumps and dents if you are not careful. Also my nails start lifting after a couple of weeks, no matter how carefully I apply the gels, so I am still not sure how to fix this. But in any case, it is worth investing in a gel nail system and saving some money on professional mani. Not to mention you can always fix a nail if it gets broken without waiting for an appointment :)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, April 14, 2011
This review is from: Opi Axxium Gel System- Intro Kit (Health and Beauty)
Love this product! I bought this the 3rd of this month, I've already done my Sisters nails, my friends, my niece and my own. I can't express how happy i am i bought this item. It's not harsh like acrylic, no drilling of nails, can be worn on natural nails and you can get away with thin coats. Even when using natural tips the nail end up looking TRULY NATURAL. If you're into acrylic, or even getting manicures, i so recommend this. It's well worth it, and after 3-4 uses it's payed off compared to salon prices.

4.0 out of 5 stars great product and kit, April 19, 2010
This review is from: Opi Axxium Gel System- Intro Kit (Health and Beauty)
Great product. Just about everything you need to create beautiful gel nails including extensions. Bond-aid is a good addition so don't forget to buy this as it helps bonding the gel to the nail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!!!!, February 19, 2013
This review is from: Opi Axxium Gel System- Intro Kit (Health and Beauty)
thank you so much! I am very satisfied with the quality of OPI. The gels are increadable and i am going to continue to use them!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, May 12, 2014
This review is from: Opi Axxium Gel System- Intro Kit (Health and Beauty)
This kit is perfect! Many gel colors and the DVD is trully incredible! Really easy to work with, this gel kit amazed me!

2.0 out of 5 stars be careful!, March 18, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Still chipped after 2 days, February 23, 2011
This review is from: Opi Axxium Gel System- Intro Kit (Health and Beauty)
I found out about gel polish in december and was so hopeful. A salon I found in Dallas this past weekend carried OPI axxium which would be the THIRD brand of gel polish I tried. All the other chipped after a few days so needless to say I was disappointed. The OPI brand seemed thicker from the start so I was excited but within 2 days I had 2 chips and I wasn't even doing any of my usual activities. I was on vacation hardly doing anything! it seems my nail beds are "oily" which is what the salon claims but the stuff is supposed to last 3 weeks???? I'd be happy with a full 7 days...try it out at the salon before buying the kit.

Opi Axxium Gel System- Intro Kit