From the Back Cover
Your passport to a successful and rewarding career
Are you looking to open the door to the career of your dreams? The nation's largest career books series, VGM's Opportunities in . . . gives you the inside scoop on more than 100 professions, as well as on all the essential aspects of your potential career. From the latest training requirements to current salary statistics, each book is packed with comprehensive, up-to-date information to help you pursue the profession that's right for you!
In this revised edition of Opportunities in Financial Careers, you'll find:
- Tips on determining whether a career in finance is right for you
- An introduction to the world of finance and detailed descriptions of its many branches
- Information about career prerequisites for each branch
- Listings of colleges and universities offering majors in banking and finance
- An overview of the opportunities available in all branches of finance, including banks, savings and loans, credit unions, mortgage associations, securities and commodities, insurance, real estate, and accounting
- The latest information on earning potential and employment outlook
Take the stress out of the career selection process with this indispensable guide that functions as your own personal vocational counselor. You'll find enough expert advice to make an informed, intelligent choice about your career--and your future.
Michael Sumichrast, now retired, was the chairman of the board of Eastbrokers International, Inc. The author of several books dealing with financial issues, his work has also been published in the Washington Post and the Washington Star.
Martin A. Sumichrast is a born entrepreneur. At the age of twenty-six, he founded Global Capital Partners, which he grew into a multinational, full-service investment banking firm. Today, he manages the venture capital and business advisory firm Lomond International, Inc.
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide