5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and fun!
We've been reading this book to our twins since they were infants. Now, as 2-yr.-olds, they are able to go though page by page and tell us all about what they see. I think it has really helped them get a good start figuring out abstract concepts.
Published on November 6, 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars Opposites
Just bought this book as a "should have" for my granddaughter. I don't know why really, I don't actually like pretend educational books and toys that much (on the basis that most things are educational for small children). My granddaughter does not seem that interested in the pictures but we'll see, she might a bit later on.
Published 16 months ago by oma

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and fun!, November 6, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Opposites (Board book)
Next to "Goodnight Moon" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?", this one is consistently picked out for evening reading time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and to the point., January 29, 2008
Jan (Woodbridge, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opposites (Board book)
I find myself changing up my voice (high and low) as I read to my son so he can get the idea of opposites. The pictures are cute, bright and to the point. I didn't give it 5 stars, because there's not a story line. From one page to the next is another set of opposites. If that's what you want, then this book is for you. If you want more of a story to connect from page to page, then you might not like it as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's first and favorite book!, August 12, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Opposites (Board book)
My 15-month old insists that we read this book to him at least five or six times a day. It was the first book he picked out to be read to him and he always searches for it on the bookshelf. It's colorful and fun and I hope your child will love it as much as ours does!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, January 5, 2002
This review is from: Opposites (Board book)
These Boynton board books cannot go wrong with the young-uns. My nephews and nieces ask me to read them over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.75 stars, December 31, 2003
...Loggie... "Loggie-log-log-log" (I live on the earth, in the western hemisphere, in North America, in the country of the United States of America, in Illinois in the town of Champaign) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opposites (Board book)
Like every Boynton book, this is a good book. The words rhyme and flow nicely, and the pictures are really cute, bold, and colorful. As its name suggests, this book talks about opposites "Big and small, short and tall." The major downside in this book is the words. They still flow nicely and rhyme without strain, but they lack some little charm that almost all of the other Boynton books have. Another reason for this is that it is a list of opposites illustrated and carefully placed so they rhyme. The pictures and placement of the words make up for the actual words however. My favorite picture is for the in/out, two turtles, one in its shell, and one standing on top of it. Every page has a cute picture. Also, the way the words are written, not the words themselves, is a wonderful thing. The big is written big, the small small, the tall vertical, and in the slow each letter is separated.
Loggie-log-log-log

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun and educational, August 28, 2001
Nicole (Louisville, KY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opposites (Board book)
This was a fun way to teach my daughter about opposites and she enjoys it being read to her over and over and telling me the difference now.

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGH AND LOW, FAST AND SLOW, May 19, 2005
This review is from: Opposites (Board book)
"High and Low, Fast and Slow" This book from the talented Sandra Boynton shows little ones the concept and examples of opposites, all told with Sandra's usual catchy rhymes and silly cartoon animal style. Fast and slow is demonstrated with a dog and snail while heavy and light is demonstrated with an elephant and bunny on a teeter-totter. Hot and cold, young and old...Sandra provides another book that is as fun to read for a parent as it is for your little one to listen to. The always bright, colorful and hilarious cartoon illustration make Sandra's books a surefire hit in our home. This is another great, sturdy boardbook that will stand up to years of a childs "touch". yet another winner for Sandra!

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to pass, July 13, 2008
This review is from: Opposites (Board book)
I checked this book out of the library for my babies and loved it so much that I had to buy it. It is very simple but features great rhymes and funny illustrations. One of the best!

4.0 out of 5 stars An Amusing, Educational Toddler Read-Aloud, November 11, 2010
This review is from: Opposites (Board book)
Sandra Boynton's lighthearted, silly rhyming books engage toddlers and older children with an innocent sense of humor that will amuse adults as well. This book presents a number of animals illustrating the concept of opposites: an elephant and a rabbit on a see-saw show "heavy and light," for example and a large animal with a tiny umbrella illustrates "wet" while another with a standard umbrella illustrates "dry." This brief book has several visual gags, and proceeds in a punchy, rhythmic rhyme that will be quickly memorized. It's an excellent toddler read-aloud. Also available in Spanish: Opuestos (Opposites) (Spanish Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Our Favorites, February 17, 2011
This review is from: Opposites (Board book)
This is the best book to introduce infants to Boynton. It's just the right length to keep infant's and younger toddler's attention. The illustrations are simple but charming. The words are short and rhyming -- "Weak and Strong," "Right. Wrong." It's fun to read because you can add interest to the book by "whispering" and "shouting" or shivering (cold) and fanning yourself (hot). We read it daily.

Opposites
Opposites by Sandra Boynton (Board book - November 30, 1982)
$5.99 $5.39