Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

Format: Board book|Change

on November 6, 1998
We've been reading this book to our twins since they were infants. Now, as 2-yr.-olds, they are able to go though page by page and tell us all about what they see. I think it has really helped them get a good start figuring out abstract concepts.
Next to "Goodnight Moon" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?", this one is consistently picked out for evening reading time.
on January 29, 2008
I find myself changing up my voice (high and low) as I read to my son so he can get the idea of opposites. The pictures are cute, bright and to the point. I didn't give it 5 stars, because there's not a story line. From one page to the next is another set of opposites. If that's what you want, then this book is for you. If you want more of a story to connect from page to page, then you might not like it as much.
on August 12, 1999
My 15-month old insists that we read this book to him at least five or six times a day. It was the first book he picked out to be read to him and he always searches for it on the bookshelf. It's colorful and fun and I hope your child will love it as much as ours does!
on January 5, 2002
These Boynton board books cannot go wrong with the young-uns. My nephews and nieces ask me to read them over and over again.
on March 24, 2015
My toddler loves this book and asks for it by name. It has fun colorful pictures that toddlers enjoy. It only has a few words on each page so it's great for a toddlers short attention span. I'm assuming my toddler has this book memorized because he knows when to turn the page.
on February 13, 2015
Nice small baby gift. as a reading teacher, I find books of opposites help develop babies' language. The best one (Had for my kids - can no longer find it): Peter Spier's book on opposites (Can't remember exact title - 30 years ago : ).
on November 18, 2015
My son loves the Boynton books. The art is always great, the pacing is nice (not too long, not too short), and he is beginning to pick up concepts like fast/slow, short/tall, etc. He also loves seeing the same animals in each book, it's nice to see that they keep he art consistent from book to book. I highly recommend all of her books.
on September 6, 2015
I saw this book was recommended for toddlers who are about 18months old. I ordered it and I was not very impressed with the pictures but I read it to my son. Oh my! He loves this book! He started using the words in a short time. He'd say, "Fast!" and then run a few steps. He also said, "Heavy" the one day when he tried to lift a park bench. I'm so glad I bought this. It's one of his favorites.
on February 16, 2016
Sandra Boynton... Shes a great writer! My 3 year old LOVES her books and we have a good number of them, I would say 10 by now and he loves them all. This is right up there with Blue Hat, Green Hat. If your child loves that one they will love this one as well. Guaranteed! Thank you Sandra Boynton! Our Blue hat, Green hat is so messed up at this point but we still read it... The binding is falling apart and the pages too but we still read it. My son recognizes colors from that book. I can do all the flash cards in the world and point to different colors of food while I cook but that did n0t teach him his colors, that book did.
on June 17, 2015
Boynton does it again. Her books are so simple, yet they endure the test of time. And our child loves them, and requests them over and over. We have 5 Boynton books.

This one is creative because it's not just teaching opposites using words, but pictures also. Just look at the cover. It's showing "heavy and light", and instead of just showing a big elephant and a small one, Boynton shows an elephant and a rabbit. That way it's teaching kids more than just opposites, it's teaching in relative terms.

Like I said, I wish it was longer!