5.0 out of 5 stars Moon shots are Fantastic
Published on March 5, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work
Doesn't work with the Sony a55 shutter locks and does not recognize lens. Nice lens, wish it worked for me
Published 22 months ago by Jay

5.0 out of 5 stars Moon shots are Fantastic, March 5, 2012
This review is from: Opteka 650-2600mm High Definition Telephoto Zoom Lens (Camera)
I just bought the Sony Alpha 65, 24.3 meg camera and have been using a sigma 70mm-300mm lens to shoot the moon. After croping, i would have good clear shots of the moon, but not close up of any specific area. I bought this lens and used it for the first time on March 4, 2012 and right away the images are amazing. I started out at 650mm just to get use to the lens and ended up at 2600 with crisp, clear images. I could not be happier with the lens. For the money, it is fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Opteka 650-1300mm lens, March 5, 2010
I bought this about a week ago and I love it. I am an ameture photographer and I do landscape and wildlife the most; this lens is really helpful. I am glad that I have photo editing software because the pictures do come out a little darker then they would with a normal lens, but overall, a wonderful lens for anyone that wants to go pro!

4.0 out of 5 stars Opteka lens, January 18, 2013
Amazon Customer (Cleveland, GA, US) - See all my reviews
This product is exactly as I expected. I just have to re-learn manual camera operation to get good with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price., January 30, 2014
We purchased the Opteka lens to capture bald eagles and other wild life. We were surprised at the ease of use and quality of the pics for two amateurs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost as big as a telescope, February 16, 2014
J. Loo (West Park, FL) - See all my reviews
This lens is a bit bulkier than I expected, but a least it came with all the needed accessories (T-Mount for my camera, 2X multiplier, lens hood, and an adjustable tripod mount). I will try to upload a pic. This lens did work with my Sony a57 set to manual , non-Sony lens modes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, January 6, 2013
I have not perfected the focusing since it is all manual but it is a fun lens to work with. It will not be a lens I use all the time. The adapter works well and so does the teleconverter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, November 27, 2012