Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 22, 2009
This long zoom holster case is wonderful. I decided on the long over the short to insure that I could fit my Nikon D40x nicely with any lens attached. The longest lens I use to date is the 55-200mm VR. In the holster, there is still a decent amount of space between the camera back and the zippered top of the holster.

Carrying my camera without the holster, it was constantly bouncing off my body when I walked. With the holster, you barely notice a sway and it's so much more comfortable to walk with. While on a recent photo shoot, the holster still over my shoulder, was never in the way and is very light.

Construction is very good. Material inside and out is soft but firm/protective. I greatly appreciated the outside pocket to hold my lens caps with easy access!! The top carry handle is in a direction appropriate to carrying without awkwardness. (You'll notice there is another brand, if you're researching holsters, where the handle is in an opposing direction. Just didn't look right for carrying).

When you're using the camera, the holster comes in handy to hold glasses or sundry until you're ready to swap out with the camera. Excellent little companion! Most of all, I'm happy I choose the larger of the two holsters offered. The extra room offers options.
on March 25, 2011
I needed a camera case to cover my Canon 60D with 18-200mm lens. This perfectly fits the bill. No extra space but it isn't a huge monster bag, either. It seems sturdy enough. It's not a padded bag that will take a lot of abuse to the camera but I wasn't looking for that. It will prevent little nicks and dings and the camera and lens fit perfectly. This is something that I would take with me sightseeing or on a plane trip, as opposed to a huge bag. It obviously doesn't hold extra lenses but I wasn't looking for that.
on December 12, 2008
Good quality, my Nikon D300 fits in but I wish it had more room. Doesn't have many pockets, only a pouch in front and another inside, padding the cover. Just perfect if you don't need many pockets.
on May 22, 2011
My Nikon D3100 with the 55mm-300mm lens fits perfectly in this bag. I needed a smaller bag to fit in my day pack while travleing on airlines, small planes, and in dusty stituations.
on March 16, 2011
I am SO glad I bought this case. I had purchased another, more expensive case, but it was WAY too big. So, after much deliberation, I used some gift cards to get this. It fits my Digital Canon XS with the 55-250 zoom lens almost perfectly. Much more compact than the first one I bought. There isn't storage for much else in this case. You can use the spot in the cover for a strap or cards and there is a little pouch on the front (nice for extra battery). But that is what I wanted. Something to keep my baby protected on a trudge though the woods or at a crowded place.
I would recommend this case to anyone. Nothing fancy just practical. Now we'll see how long it lasts!
on April 22, 2015
I like the convenience of this holder. I can store my Sony a6000 w/ 70-210mm lens attached plus 3-4 backup batteries, or a smaller lens. Either both lenses, or the batteries, it's not quite long enough to do it all. W/ both lenses I can squeeze one extra battery in there, but it's a tight fit. Great for a grab and go shoot.
Only issue I've had w/ this item is the grey plastic around the zippered top have begun to wear w/ minimal use. It's not a great protectant, but if you take care of your hardware, it's a good buy. For the price, I expect this not to last years, but I'll get at least one out of it before it falls apart. Quality isn't great, but for the price...
on July 6, 2013
I thought this "LONG ZOOM" bag would allow my Nikon D5100 with the 55mm-200mm lens to easily "drop-in".the case. It fits but the fit is very snug with the camera's strap. With the shorter 18mm-55mm lens it easily fits.
I like the leather like feel, the cushion inside and the handle at the top. Overall I do like this bag and will use it almost all of the time since it looks good and serves its purpose protecting my camera and lens.
I also purchased a larger bag that could hold my camera and both lenses.
on December 2, 2011
I was looking for a compact holster to protect my new 60d on vacations without carrying all gadgets with me all the time. Opteka Long Zoom Holster fits the bill perfectly, and looks every bit as nice as the picture. The small zipped mesh compartment on the inside of the cover holds my cleaning supplies - a lenspen and a cloth, and the outside mesh pocket is perfect for the lens cap while shooting. And you can't beat the price.
on September 6, 2014
I initially ordered for a lower version of Opteka holster case for my DSLR with 18-140mm lens. However, it could not hold the lens and I had to replace it with this one. I really like the product as this one fits the camera with the telephoto lens very well and cushioning effect is great keep the entire camera set very secured. Also, the product arrived as promised and in good condition. I am happy with this product and will recommend both seller / product.
on January 28, 2009
I am pleased with the quality of this item. It will fit my camera whether I have my long lens on it or the shorter one. It comes in handy when I don't want to carry all of my equipment with me and just bring the camera in the car.
The case came to me quickly and was as described in the ad.
Sharon