5.0 out of 5 stars Opteka Scores Again
Published on December 27, 2011 by Thomas Altfather Good

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed
Charges and holds. Haven;t really used it for long, but so far so good. Right battery for my Canon EOS Rebel 3.

Published 19 months ago by J. RODRIGUEZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Opteka Scores Again, December 27, 2011
Thomas Altfather Good (Staten Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opteka LP-E10 LPE10 2000mAh Ultra High Capacity Li-ion Battery Pack for Canon EOS Rebel T3 T5 1100D 1200D Kiss X50 (Camera)
I am a Nikon photog, doing mainly photojournalism with my D-SLRs (and arty shots with my beloved and battered F2s). For my PJ work I bought an Opteka Excursion Series C900 Full-Size Weatherproof Canvas Bag - half the price of the Domke F2. I use an Opteka battery grip - again half the price of the OEM part. Being very satisfied with Opteka I bought an Opteka RC2 wireless remote for $10 - the Nikon ML-L3 is available for $15. The Opteka is a just a little bigger, making it easier to use. I find Opteka products to be great bargains and well made. The Opteka bag is great (available on Amazon for $69), the battery grip and wireless remotes are just fine and 47th St Photo, located in Brooklyn, is pretty quick on the shipping - this is who I usually buy from.

Recently I bought a Canon T3 to do night shots without a flash - in situations where there's not a lot of room for a big rig and my subjects are in motion (protesters and police, usually) -- making long exposures impossible. So I equipped the T3 (which shoots pretty well at ISO 6400) with a 50mm f/1.8 lens -- and ordered a pair of Opteka batteries. I paid $13 each for the batteries which is half the price of one Canon LP-E10. Do they work? You bet. They hold a charge and the performance is indistinguishable from the original. Conventional wisdom says use the Canon original and carry the off brand as a backup. I use all three - rotating them.

Buy the Opteka and save $35. I am pretty demanding, unforgiving and cheap. I like these batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome extra battery., February 8, 2012
This makes for an awesome second battery for my T3, without spending a fortune just so it says Canon. While lenses, filters, and certain accessories can vary a great deal, I figured the battery was relatively safe. No problems so far (had it for about three months now), and not only have I had no problems with it, the life I get out of it (with LCD off, naturally) is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cold Fusion?, June 27, 2012
Allen P. Frederick (Chilton, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these batteries about two months ago. I have had to recharge one of them once, after a couple thousand photos with a Rebel T3. Amazing battery life -- definitely recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed, May 9, 2013

Update May 15th, 2013: Bought this battery as a backup should the original run out of power. Charged it and took a few pictures when I first received it in August 2012 and no problem. Tried it this May 2013 for a Family event when my original battery ran out. The power went down to one bar quick on this product.

I fully charged it along with my original battery. Again, it started to drain power on this product. Put in my original and it worked as it should.

Now I learned that I should use the things I purchase right away in case they don't work down the road. Timing is crazy since I just did a review on this days before.

1.0 out of 5 stars It will not charge anymore after first use, September 20, 2013
This battery is not good.. it will not charge anymore after the first use.. The Charger will now blink and the batter will not work anymore..

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not hold up after couple of months of use, May 19, 2013
My daughter got this battery for my Canon T3 camera in December 2012. When I charge the battery with the OEM charger, it takes a full charge overnight. Then I would out it into my Canon T3 only to find it reading less than a full charge. I hardly use my camera and this was only light use of the battery. This battery does not hold a charge unlike the Canon OEM battery. I don't think Amazon can help me on this so Don't waste your money on this battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be working okay...., July 14, 2012
Just received it the other day and have been using it in my Canon T3 DSLR, seems to be working fine. Would have been a good idea to include a protective sleeve for it when carrying it in the camera bag so as to protect the terminals but that's not a big deal.

As I say have only had it a short time, it's a few amh more then the Canon battery that came with the camera but I haven't had it long enough to see if it lasts any longer.

Will definitely update this after I've had it a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic price, excellent quality, July 12, 2012
I purchased this as a backup battery for my Canon EOS Rebel T3. It has performed well, and easily lasts 700 pictures (most without flash) per charge (shooting .JPEG, which I presume takes less power than .RAW).

I'm pleased with this purchase and ordered a second battery. You can't beat the price, either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Battery, June 29, 2012
Nice for a backup for long photo shoots. Will be using this battery often. It would certainly provide continuity that way there is no waiting when either battery is depleted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like the original, June 23, 2012
This is a great aftermarket battery. Looks, feels, and performs exactly like the original without costing the same. Would definitely recommend this.