Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 27, 2011
I am a Nikon photog, doing mainly photojournalism with my D-SLRs (and arty shots with my beloved and battered F2s). For my PJ work I bought an Opteka Excursion Series C900 Full-Size Weatherproof Canvas Bag - half the price of the Domke F2. I use an Opteka battery grip - again half the price of the OEM part. Being very satisfied with Opteka I bought an Opteka RC2 wireless remote for $10 - the Nikon ML-L3 is available for $15. The Opteka is a just a little bigger, making it easier to use. I find Opteka products to be great bargains and well made. The Opteka bag is great (available on Amazon for $69), the battery grip and wireless remotes are just fine and 47th St Photo, located in Brooklyn, is pretty quick on the shipping - this is who I usually buy from.

Recently I bought a Canon T3 to do night shots without a flash - in situations where there's not a lot of room for a big rig and my subjects are in motion (protesters and police, usually) -- making long exposures impossible. So I equipped the T3 (which shoots pretty well at ISO 6400) with a 50mm f/1.8 lens -- and ordered a pair of Opteka batteries. I paid $13 each for the batteries which is half the price of one Canon LP-E10. Do they work? You bet. They hold a charge and the performance is indistinguishable from the original. Conventional wisdom says use the Canon original and carry the off brand as a backup. I use all three - rotating them.

Buy the Opteka and save $35. I am pretty demanding, unforgiving and cheap. I like these batteries.
on February 8, 2012
This makes for an awesome second battery for my T3, without spending a fortune just so it says Canon. While lenses, filters, and certain accessories can vary a great deal, I figured the battery was relatively safe. No problems so far (had it for about three months now), and not only have I had no problems with it, the life I get out of it (with LCD off, naturally) is excellent.
on June 27, 2012
I bought two of these batteries about two months ago. I have had to recharge one of them once, after a couple thousand photos with a Rebel T3. Amazing battery life -- definitely recommend this product.
on May 9, 2013
Charges and holds. Haven;t really used it for long, but so far so good. Right battery for my Canon EOS Rebel 3.

Update May 15th, 2013: Bought this battery as a backup should the original run out of power. Charged it and took a few pictures when I first received it in August 2012 and no problem. Tried it this May 2013 for a Family event when my original battery ran out. The power went down to one bar quick on this product.

I fully charged it along with my original battery. Again, it started to drain power on this product. Put in my original and it worked as it should.

Now I learned that I should use the things I purchase right away in case they don't work down the road. Timing is crazy since I just did a review on this days before.
on July 20, 2012
I bought this battery because I have a good experience with Opteka's products. This one is a cost effective alternative to the original Canon battery. I have used it for more than 3 weeks and so far I am not seeing any difference.

UPDATE 12/20/13 - After usage for approx 1 1/2 year, the battery now drains out after 10-20 pictures. Truly disappointed over such a short life of the battery. Hence reducing my rating from 5 stars to 3 stars.
on June 13, 2012
I see no difference at all than the stock battery except this one lasts maybe 35% longer than the stock one. I use this in my T3.
This is now my primary battery and my cannon battery is my backup.... it;s rare when the no name battery is the primary over the original
on October 18, 2015
I bought this as back up for my Cannon T3. I'm no photog or anything, I simply enjoy taking pictures of my family on trips and out in nature, so it doesn't get used daily or even weekly. That being said, the battery definitely doesn't hold a charge as long as the original Cannon battery did. If I film videos, the battery depletes even quicker (which is somewhat normal, I realize). It's ok for an occasional backup; however if I used my camera more frequently, I might have splurged on a Cannon replacement. For the price, I suppose you get what you pay for.
on July 14, 2012
Just received it the other day and have been using it in my Canon T3 DSLR, seems to be working fine. Would have been a good idea to include a protective sleeve for it when carrying it in the camera bag so as to protect the terminals but that's not a big deal.

As I say have only had it a short time, it's a few amh more then the Canon battery that came with the camera but I haven't had it long enough to see if it lasts any longer.

Will definitely update this after I've had it a while.
on January 1, 2014
I do a lot of non video sports photography and I alternate this battery with the one that came with the camera and it has never let me down. If your camera usage high and you want the security of always having a charged spare, This is for you. All you need do is swap it out every use and recharge it.
on July 25, 2015
From what I've been able to test, this battery lasts about 80% as long as the Canon. Basically, I can get 5 hours of constant use out of my Canon, but only 4 out of these batteries. Considering the price difference it's not a bad deal though.

With practicing proper battery care and storage, I haven't experienced much capacity loss over the 5 months I've had them. Of course I'll update this review if I notice a severe loss any time soon.