5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is solid
I got it today. I've seen a lot of reviews about different grips like this being chintzy and people feeling afraid to put their camera's on it. I threw my t3i on this thing today and it fit great and felt super solid. I'd recommend it to anyone. Other than that, it's up to the user to have a steady hand and make great videos. We'll see what I can come up with.
Published 16 months ago by steven a. willard

3.0 out of 5 stars Action Grip DSLR CANON T4I
Published 14 months ago by Jeff

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is solid, March 29, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Moongrip Pro, April 29, 2013
JLF (Miami, Fl.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opteka MOON Grip (Black) (Electronics)
I received the MoonGrip Professional Camera / Camcorder X-GRIP Action Stabilizing Handle - Metallic Grey XGRIP last week. It arrived quickly, in perfect condition, and works great. I read all the reviews about the Opteka X-Grip and the problems, cheap, crooked, no tripod screw mounts etc. Also checked out the ones made by Zeikios and Foregrip. This unit was much cheaper and not one flaw that I can find, the box was sealed well and looks as if never opened, all brand new. Very pleased with the new grip, saved some money and it works great. The color says metallic grey, its more grey but for the price who cares. I am a very anal person and tend to over analyze everything, so for me to give it five stars it has to be flawless. Thanks Amazon for providing me this product at a reduced cost. I am using the grip for my GoPro Hero2 for my Nikon D5000. Both work very well on this grip.

3.0 out of 5 stars Action Grip DSLR CANON T4I, May 7, 2013
This review is from: Opteka MOON Grip (Black) (Electronics)
This action grip dslr is okay, the only thing i didn't like is that the height wasn't tall enough for a camera and battery grip attach, so i had to force the dame thing on because its too small for a battery grip but it still fits the only thing is that i can't screw the mount shoe on but it okay i'm just going to super glue the mount shoe on top so i can use the shoe mount and put led lights on. just make sure if you're camera has a battery grip on then this rig is not for you, but if you're using a camera with no battery grip on then this rig is good for you. overall is a good rig but the height is too small.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, April 23, 2013
This review is from: Opteka MOON Grip (Black) (Electronics)
I wanted a pro handle that was sturdy and at a good price. I found all that i wanted with the Moon Grip.I would buy another but i don't need too, it's that good. I film a lot. The only bad thing is the grip gets sweaty after a couple of minutes. Over all, a wonderful handle for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stabilizer for beginners., February 6, 2014
This review is from: Opteka MOON Grip (Black) (Electronics)
I have an entry level point and shoot that shoots HD film. I wanted something to stabilize my video. It's pretty light so their is still a bit of a shake. Once you practice with it, it gets better. If your more serious about stabilization. You might want to get something a little more higher end. Something heavier and made out of a metal of some sort. This is great for beginners.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent grip..., December 31, 2013
C. Pilot (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opteka MOON Grip (Black) (Electronics)
This is a decent grip which will help you to stabilize your videos a little, but keep in mind that it's only a grip -- there is no mechanical stabilization feature in the design. It seems fairly durable, but I took away one star because there's a rather significant 1/2" flex in the handle, even with my rather lightweight prosumer camera on it (Panasonic FZ200). The skis/feet on the bottom can interfere with with larger tripod heads if you're wanting to put this on a tripod sometimes.

One thing that could make it better is if it had a more coldshoe mounts on it (like two more on the side of the grip).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and solid, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Opteka MOON Grip (Black) (Electronics)
I bought this for my canon vixia camcorder and I like it a lot. It makes my videos look more professional. This moon grip feels very solid. I recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, a solid buy, great alternative mount for action cameras., July 20, 2014
King Louie (Surf City, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opteka MOON Grip (Black) (Electronics)
I wanted something to mount my action camera to and not worry about going into the water with it and this fits the bill. Up until now, I had been using a cheapy monopod and that worked ok but every time a wave hit, the monopod would take the brunt of the force and I'd have to recompose my shot right away. With the Moon grip, I can hold my shots a little better as everything is right at the waterline and my grip is just above it.
The only drawback/complaint I have is the cold shoe mount at the top is pretty useless. I'm not sure if it's just my unit or it's a build quality issue but there's too much play/spin in the shoe and trying to tighten it anymore makes it sound as though something's cracking. But it's not much of a complaint on my end since I wasn't planning on using the cold shoe anyway, I just wanted to see what I could use it for.

1.0 out of 5 stars customer, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Opteka MOON Grip (Black) (Electronics)
flimsy piece of junk plastic comes loose on thumb screw they want 8.90 for new screw they are a joke of a company and do not stand by product

3.0 out of 5 stars good for lighter cameras., June 5, 2013
This review is from: Opteka MOON Grip (Black) (Electronics)
The handgrip is good for light-weight cameras, but the plastic is not stiff enough to hold steady a big camera with a big lens.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›