5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect ring flash
Little scare when I read some review,but I want to try on because the price is right for me.When it arrive,I try to shoot right away.Lucky me,so beautiful picture.3 weeks so far I took about 1000 picx with it ...All perfect.All members of my macro group get it now.No problem at all.I say it is extra perfect macro flash.
Published on July 25, 2010 by Tien Dao

1.0 out of 5 stars 47th Street Photo Excellent BUT Flash Failed
I was quite pleased with the flash and the excellent service provided by 47th Street Photo. I needed a special step-up ring to mount on my macro lens and 47th Street Photo shipped one free of charge upon my request. I made a number of excellent macro images.

Published on August 27, 2010 by Thomas B. Barker

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect ring flash, July 25, 2010
This review is from: Opteka RL-500 eTTL AF Macro Ring Flash for Canon EOS 60D, 50D, 40D, 7D, 5D, T2i, T1i, SXi, and SX Digital Camera (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS THING WORKS!, February 2, 2011
Who would think that anyone could purchase an ETTL MACRO RING FLASH FOR $39.00 - that actually works? I'm using mine with my Canon EOS XSi and T2i cameras, and with various lenses. And yes, this thing works!

Okay, the LED readout is kind of dim and I have to manually focus with some lenses, but this thing works! This thing works!

Comes nicely packaged with short but clear instructions, and two adapter rings. Do read all the instructions before first use.

The build is standard black plastic and looks as it is a part of the cameras - it looks really cool. A large notched ring is turned to more easily attach the ring light to the lenses. The controller slips on the flash mount and screws down. When using the 28mm lens to photograph my living room, there was no vignetting.

I don't remember the cost for S&H but I think it was under $5.00.

Only $39.00 and this thing works!

1.0 out of 5 stars 47th Street Photo Excellent BUT Flash Failed, August 27, 2010

However, when it came to writing this review, I thought it would be good to try the flash again. Well, the flash did not fire either with the test button or when mounted on the camera. I'm returning this to Amazon.

Actually, I e-mailed the manufacturer, Opteka. To my surprise, I was contacted by 47th Street Photo. I was given a return authorization number and sent the defective unit back to them. Upon their receipt (which they acknowledged immediately) they sent a replacement unit at no charge to me. I hope this unit does not fail.

Once again, 47th Street Photo has done an outstanding job They get 5 stars!

Rate and Discover Movies