5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality
Published on December 23, 2008 by N. Overton

3.0 out of 5 stars An engineering marvel
The creator of this adapter managed to magnificently capture every detail which makes this product as ill equipped to handle its job as possible, then incorporated them all into two pieces, and slapped them together with the smallest screws possible. Following this philosophy, the manufacturer chose to sell this adapter without tightening the screws.

This...
Published on March 2, 2012 by John

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, December 23, 2008
N. Overton (Everett, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opteka T-Mount Adapter for Canon EOS 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 7D, 6D, 5D, 1D, Rebel T5i, T5, T4i, T3i, T3, T2i, T1i, XS, XSi, XTi and XT Digital SLR Cameras (Electronics)
I purchased this T-mount to attach my newly purchased Canon Rebel Xsi to a Bausch and Lomb Discoverer 60mm Telescope. With the T-mount attached to my camera, and a t-adapter attached to the scope, I have a 1000-4000mm lens that works great for moon photos and animal pictures. It took me a little while to adjust the camera settings to fit the telescope, but after a couple nights of changing the settings, I got some pretty nice moon shots. This T-mount is simple, easy to use, and connects easily to the scope with an additional T-adapter. The mount seems strong and sturdy; my camera feels securely connected to the telescope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, July 11, 2009
Well made, tight fit on Canon XS Digital SLR. Used to mount camera on telescopes using T-Adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Opteka T-Mount Adapter for Canon EOS, May 12, 2007
The Opteka T-Mount Adapter for Canon EOS enabled me to fit a 500mm vivitar mirror lens to a Canon eos digital camera, giving me a focal length of 700mm! The depth of field is quite shallow because of the fixed aperture of f8, but I have been able to get very close to birds and animals unnoticed. The adapter saved a lens that would have otherwise gone unused. It is useful for all your manual focus T-mount lenses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it should, September 9, 2009
The Opteka T-mount adapter for Eos does exactly what it says it does. It allows you to use telescopes or mirror lenses on your Eos camera. Even though it says for digitals, it works just as well on older film Canon Eos series cameras.

Just in case you don't know, the t-mount won't pass any electrical information to the lens for stopping down the aperture, or auto focusing. Luckily the lens I used it with has a fixed f8 aperture and manual focus so no worries.

Good build quality, simple, really hard to go wrong with this one. Just make sure you tighten it down properly if not you'll lose infinity focus. If you need it, this will take care of ya.

Used with a Solignor 500mm mirror lens, mounted on a Digital Rebel Xt, and an Elan IIe. Worked perfect with both.

3.0 out of 5 stars An engineering marvel, March 2, 2012

This adapter consists of two pieces, an outer 'main' part which is appropriately keyed to fit select Canon cameras and a thin, threaded insert. The entire system relies on three extremely small screws to 1.) prevent the lens from pulling away from the camera body, and 2.) prevent the lens housing from rotating while turning the focus ring.

Although this adapter is a true marvel of engineering failure, I can attest to Opteka's commitment to quality. When they sent me the wrong adapter in the Opteka 500mm Canon mirror lens/T-mount adapter kit, I noticed the Nikon version of this adapter was surprisingly well made before sending it back and receiving this trash for my Canon 550D.

Update: A screw driver from a cheap eyeglass repair kit was enough to fix this mount. I've been able to use it several times and although I still believe the mount is designed poorly, it does serve its purpose moderately well when the screws are tight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for., July 3, 2013
Now this is what I was looking for to mount my Canon camera to my spotting scope. I have taken several pictures and they come out with too much light. It's just a matter of a camera adjustment. This adapter fits perfectly to both items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Opteka T-Mount, October 22, 2010
A great way to convert old lenses and save some big money. I have used the T-Mount before and would recommend that anyone who wants to keep an old lens and make it work with their SLR digital should check this out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as Described, June 25, 2009
This product arrived promptly and was exactly as described. I wanted a Canon t-mount for using a couple of mirror-lens telephoto/spotting scopes that I have, and this perfectly fills the bill. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for 10D, February 6, 2010
Andrew To (Wellesley, MA) - See all my reviews
This T-mount was purchase for my Canon 10D for my Meade LX200 and my old ETX90. I wasn't sure if this T-mount works for the 10D since the title is so specific about what it is compatible with but no 10D. There is another T-mount in Amazon.com that specified that it works for all these cameras plus 10D but it is a little bit more in price. Since this is my first dSLR and I know that 10D is the only dSLR that takes EF lenses (the new dSLR takes EF and EF-S), I wonder if this T-mount wouldn't work for the 10D. I know the major differences between the EF and EF-S lenses, the coupling mechanism should be identical. That makes me think it is impossible that this T-mount wouldn't work for 10D plus all the other Canon cameras that could take EF lenses.

Fortunately, I was correct. This T-mount works for all Canon cameras that takes the EF type or EF-S type lenses. I wish the description isn't so specific about its compatibility but leaves out some other models. At any case, the quality is solid and it works very well. I didn't notice any flexing with the camera attached to my scope.

Happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars It fits!, November 3, 2012
It's a T-mount. It fits. What else can I say? And now, it seems I need to add ten more words.