Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 19, 2003
This is simply the best, most complete review book on optics I have ever seen. This was the only text I used to review for the optics portion of the national boards and I ended up scoring in the 90 percentile!!!!!!! Simply a must for any Optom or Ophthalmology student reviewing for boards. Far better than the review book provided in the AAO BCSC series. Very easy to read, concise information, review problems at the end of each chapter- just a great text!
on February 5, 2013
I bought this book to study for my ABOC. I didn't get very far, lets just say that.
If you peruse[...] website, you'll be able to find the link to a page with far more helpful study materials. BTW: Just a few tips about the abo:
Study common eye diseases and conditions
How Prism works
Focal length equations
names of tools and lensometer parts. (I got a 91. YAY) Good luck!
I found the downloadable ABO Practice exam VERY helpful:
[...]
Also
on November 20, 2005
This is the best! What a great review. I used it to get ready for my optician's test very helpful.
on October 19, 2011
I bought this to help me study for the ABO test. The formulas are very indept and lots of practice questions. It is a great book if you are looking to get certified. It has helped me a lot and it makes it easier to learn because it does break it down step by step and explains it all. Highly Recommended!!!
on October 30, 2007
One of the best opticianary books on the market. I used the previous edition to teach Ophthalmic Optics and found this book to be very student friendly. Students: if this is not a required text get it anyway as a part of your permanent reference library

Ed
FNAO FOAA ABOC NCLC
on October 15, 2010
Great reference for the dispensing optician or anyone who works with ophthalmic optics. The terminology and labeling of variables can be a little unorthodox, convoluted, and confusing at times, but this is a fairly comprehensive guide for those dealing with these formulas often.
on March 13, 2009
This is the best book you can get for all the formulas you need for optics. Great for studying for board test. I used it for the N.C. board test and it was a life saver. Well worth the price.
on August 13, 2015
Too complicated!!!!
on February 8, 2016
I like the content of the book but not the binding. THe pages fall out. I will need to use a 3 hole punch and a binder to salvage this.
on September 2, 2014
This is written more like a math book. It's ok for state boards or the ABO advanced masters test.