5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Published on October 12, 2009 by J. D. Vandevander

3.0 out of 5 stars Optima Yellow Top D75/25 Deep Cycle Battery
I wasn't sure if this item was a blemish from factory. It didn't have an amp hour (AH) rating or a reserve capacity (RC) rating on the battery where it should have been printed on the top of the battery in the space provided for it. I have had this in my car for almost a month now and it doesn't start my car nearly as fast as my previous cheap EverStart battery that I had...
Published on December 6, 2011 by Brandon D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, October 12, 2009
This review is from: Optima Batteries 8042-218 D75/25 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery (Automotive)
At first I was a little leery to order a car / truck battery from on line, but my local auto parts wanted close to double what I found it on Amazon for. So I plunged in. The battery arrived sooner than I had thought it would, greatly packed, no problem with the battery, came charged and fit right in my truck. Truck cranked right over. After a month battery still has had no issues and still looks new.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems so Far, March 22, 2011
My battery arrived in a snug cardboard box with holes in the sides for handles. If I remember right the cardboard at the bottom extended a bit to protect it if it was dropped 3 or 4 inches straight down. After reading the reviews here, I put a sign on my door asking the delivery person to ring the bell and wait so I could examine the packaging. UPS delivered it. I don't know if they would have taken it back had I refused it because no signature was required. In any event, the packaging was fine, the battery was fine, and it works fine. This is not my first Optima. If it works as well as the last one, a different model, I will be happy.

However, I just noticed that even though this item is sold by and fulfilled by Amazon, there is a notation of no returns. I don't remember seeing this when I purchased it in January and the restriction does not appear on my invoice. This battery has a three year replacement warranty and I am wondering how that is going to work with Amazon not accepting returns. I always assumed that Amazon was an authorized dealer for items sold and fulfilled by Amazon. As soon as I find out where to make an inquiry in Amazon's maze of a help system I will report here what I find out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this battery, January 4, 2012
There may have been packaging problems in the past, but not now. Battery came in heavy cardboard with all corners protected. It arrived a day early. The size was exact, all brackets & cables fit. A lifting handle works fine and stays on the battery. A plastic elevating platform, about an inch thick, was included but not needed for my Corvette. Battery was fully charged, car started right up. I have another yellow-top in an old Blazer, that Optima has worked without incident for the last two years. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lifesaver, April 12, 2012
I purchased this battery for my Silverado 4x4 truck. I have a large Alpine stereo system with two amps and two 12" subs under the back seat. The truck also uses electric fans for cooling. My old battery would go dead every couple of weeks under this current drain. With this new Optima Yellow top battery, everything works great. My problems are solved.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great battery - Poor packaging, January 11, 2011
This is replacing the same battery on my car - a 2002 Subaru WRX.

PROS:
- Strong battery
- AGM technology > No liquid and non-spillable
- Reliable power > Won't die immediately and leave you stranded on the side of the road when it's weakening.
- Side posts are helpful when you have a lot of electronics going on and need another connection.
- High quality construction (save for the Amazon packaging and eventual shipping damages)

CONS:
- The box in which it shipped was snug and contained virtually no protection. My battery had 3 chipped plastic corners. The battery was 100% functional however.
- The CA (Cranking Amps) and CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) numbers dropped a bit since 4 years ago. Not sure if Optima is making a weaker battery or just more accurate specs. It is the same item number as my old battery and that had over 800 CA and 660 CCA. This one is showing 770 CA and 620 CCA. Weird.
- CCA not as high as Optima Red Top line; can be an issue if you experience very cold winters.
- Heavy (~37 lbs.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, June 11, 2012
Steve (Seattle WA) - See all my reviews
Worth ever penny, my last optima (red top)lasted 8 1/2 years in my Chevrolet work truck. The Optima yellow top fits well in the Ford 2005 E250 work van. This is the 5th battery from Optima and never a problem. Thank you Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars On the shelf for a year, April 6, 2014
Love Optima batteries and the price was better than the locals, but it already spent a year of it's life in Amazon's warehouse. Received it in March 2014 with a March 2013 datecode sticker on it. Was it worth the price to not get a fresh battery? only time will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars New optima yellow top is a boss, April 26, 2012
its only been a few months since purchase, but so far so good! i was sold on optima batteries after the red top i had for almost 10 years finally died, it was driven on TWICE with dying alternators and got me to the shop no problem, which is pretty impressive. Great amazon price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable Power, June 28, 2011
This is my second Optima battery. The first, a red top, is perfoming flawlessly, and I expect it to last at least twice as long as the orginal battery it replaced. The second, a yellow top, was easy to install with the supplied carry handle; and it started my car with excellent power and cranking speed the first time and every time since. It is a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars quick shipping battery works great, January 11, 2011
This battery was delivered quickly and i installed it shortly after, i got it bc i have a 1000 watt RMS mono amp pushing my 15 inch kicker. This battery supplies it with great power even when hitting tremendous lows. thumbs up