Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on October 12, 2009
At first I was a little leery to order a car / truck battery from on line, but my local auto parts wanted close to double what I found it on Amazon for. So I plunged in. The battery arrived sooner than I had thought it would, greatly packed, no problem with the battery, came charged and fit right in my truck. Truck cranked right over. After a month battery still has had no issues and still looks new.
on January 4, 2012
There may have been packaging problems in the past, but not now. Battery came in heavy cardboard with all corners protected. It arrived a day early. The size was exact, all brackets & cables fit. A lifting handle works fine and stays on the battery. A plastic elevating platform, about an inch thick, was included but not needed for my Corvette. Battery was fully charged, car started right up. I have another yellow-top in an old Blazer, that Optima has worked without incident for the last two years. Very pleased.

Update 10/10/2015: Battery died in an unusual way - it went from fully functioning, no problem or weakness, to totally dead (5 volts) overnight. Checked all car switches, etc, nothing left on. Checked resistance between = & - cables: megohms, like it should be. Impossible to recharge battery, overloaded charger, as if battery developed an internal short. Bought a regular battery to replace this. Reduced rating from 5 to 3 stars for weird failure.
on April 12, 2012
I purchased this battery for my Silverado 4x4 truck. I have a large Alpine stereo system with two amps and two 12" subs under the back seat. The truck also uses electric fans for cooling. My old battery would go dead every couple of weeks under this current drain. With this new Optima Yellow top battery, everything works great. My problems are solved.
on March 22, 2011
My battery arrived in a snug cardboard box with holes in the sides for handles. If I remember right the cardboard at the bottom extended a bit to protect it if it was dropped 3 or 4 inches straight down. After reading the reviews here, I put a sign on my door asking the delivery person to ring the bell and wait so I could examine the packaging. UPS delivered it. I don't know if they would have taken it back had I refused it because no signature was required. In any event, the packaging was fine, the battery was fine, and it works fine. This is not my first Optima. If it works as well as the last one, a different model, I will be happy.

However, I just noticed that even though this item is sold by and fulfilled by Amazon, there is a notation of no returns. I don't remember seeing this when I purchased it in January and the restriction does not appear on my invoice. This battery has a three year replacement warranty and I am wondering how that is going to work with Amazon not accepting returns. I always assumed that Amazon was an authorized dealer for items sold and fulfilled by Amazon. As soon as I find out where to make an inquiry in Amazon's maze of a help system I will report here what I find out.
on March 3, 2011
I currently have an Optima in each one of my 5 vehicles. 3 trucks and 2 cars. Mostly I use the Red tops but this yellow was a better fit for the vehicle i was putting it in. You cant go wrong getting an Optima, no matter what you plan to put your battery through.

(Update)

I have been using this in my car for the last 3 years with no problems. It endures -5 degree nights and my car starts in the morning with no hesitation. It also preforms well in moderate summers between 95 and 100 deg on average. I park the car outside in the weather so the battery gets to experience whatever temp mother nature throws at it.

****Update
4+ years after purchase this battery is still working great. (So are the rest of my Optima's) For a year and a half this has been in my full sized off-road rig. It has a Chevy 350 with modifications, 180 amp alternator, a 12,000 pound winch and dual 14 inch radiator electric fans. I don't run the truck every day or even every week some times so when I am done with the truck I disconnect the battery until I need the truck again. It sits through the winter and summer and every time I need the truck it starts no problem. Even after years of use and sitting around I can count on it to start the truck in -20 Deg winters or 95+ Deg summers then run all day/night under harsh conditions.
on October 11, 2014
It is hard to go wrong with an Optima battery and this one is top notch. In my wife's 2010 Chrysler T&C, I swapped in this battery in place of the humongous OEM battery when it started to not hold a charge as well. It went in easy and clamped in place. Tightened the connectors down and away we went. I think the job took me maybe 10-15 minutes and that was with getting the old one out and stopping to drink something in the heat. I chose the yellow top as the van has a lot of electronics and there are times where one or more of use is parked somewhere and waiting, running the entertainment system or whatever. This battery allows me to do that and have confidence we will be able to turn the van over and get home when we need to. Something the old battery let me down on and I knew it was time to swap it out.
on June 11, 2012
Worth ever penny, my last optima (red top)lasted 8 1/2 years in my Chevrolet work truck. The Optima yellow top fits well in the Ford 2005 E250 work van. This is the 5th battery from Optima and never a problem. Thank you Amazon
on March 15, 2013
So, I purchased 3 of these batteries because I have used Optima batteries in the past and others have told me that they are a decent maker.

I haven't had these very long, so I can't really comment on longevity or other general life concerns.

They are decent construction and seem to be well-built. The posts are solid and don't seem loose. I have them all wired up in parallel to a 2kw inverter, being charged by a series of solar panels. I am going to be using them in some vehicles also, so these are what I needed. They charge and discharge well (voltages were right were they should have been throughout the whole cycle), with no apparent rise in temperature or off gassing (I am using the recommended gauge and length of wires though, so your mileage may vary.)

I'd recommend though if you are thinking about buying a few of these for a battery backup then go to Costco and buy a few of the 115AH deep-cycle batteries for ~$80.00 a pop. You can't beat that...

Also, one last thing...not too sure if this is something that just happened by chance or if that's how they do it. But if you order more than one in a batch only one will come with a handle. I'd have liked to have three handles not two...but other then maybe being a little on the expensive side they aren't bad batteries.
on April 26, 2013
These don't cost all that much more than a regular battery these days, so it is worth investing in it, especially if you have many accessories on your car or don't want to be left stranded. Only replaced my previous Optima because the Red one went seven years, then started losing a charge slowly enough to give me a warning that it was about to fail. Sure beats it dying all at once.
on March 5, 2016
Second one of these I have gotten. Fits 2002 mustang although the guide says it does not. The battery sits a little loose in the battery tray but that can be easily fixed by adding small shim to lock the battery in on the base. First one lasted 6 years plus on a non tended seasonal car. Still holds a charge but replaced and used on another project.