Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on July 17, 2002
Although there is some good basic level information in this book, it is not for the person trying to learn how to program Cold Fusion, but how to make your Cold Fusion programming better. The book has great examples and how tos of everything from setting up the Cold Fusion Administrator to writing better SQL statements. I particularly found the SQL statement information very helpful. The author (Chris Cortes) goes beyond writing simple SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE statements. He gets into far more complex SQL like writing SELECT statements within a SELECT statement, and writing your SQL so that you optimize the speed of your queries. He also provides good examples of the new query of a query functionality that CF 5.0 offers. Cortes also offers great information on the proper usage of various CF tags and functions, not just telling you how to use them, but when it is best to use them. Overall, this is the best CF book I have read. However, make sure you know a little something about CF before buying this book.
on October 17, 2001
Great Book! I have been using ColdFusion for 3 years, and read many ColdFusion books. Every book I've come across simply tells you "how" to do stuff. I can only learn how to do a <CFOUTPUT> so many times. However, Optimizing ColdFusion takes a different approach - it takes what I already know, and shows me how to do it well. This is the first CF book I have read that covers the core development obstacles that we as ColdFusion developers and designers struggle with on a daily basis. Not only does this book analyze trouble areas, but it also shows how to improve upon application design, coding, and even some troubleshooting. I also liked that this book brushed on the Fusebox methodology, and discussed how Spectra impacted enterprise ColdFusion development. The information is this book seems to define the distinction between ColdFusion developers and ColdFusion gurus. I would definitely recommend this book to other ColdFusion users.
on October 17, 2001