5.0 out of 5 stars Not only for the body builder
I enjoy a protein shake in the morning. I prefer it over eggs, toast or cereal. A good protein shake will give me energy and stamina without bloating or heaviness from a large meal. It's perfect for my work (I'm on my feet most of the day).

Published on September 22, 2011 by C. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Taste like crap compared to 100% Gold whey standard
I bought this after using the 100% gold whey standard since it tasted so good. This however, has a thick texture as well as a cheesecake flavor to it. I do not know how I would be able to drink this without throwing fruit in my smoothies. I'll probably never buy this again and just stick to the 100% gold whey standard.
Published 19 months ago by Htown Amazoner

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only for the body builder, September 22, 2011
C. Brown (Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex, Creamy Vanilla, 4.6 Pound (Health and Beauty)

I don't work out, either. I exercise a bit, but I don't go to a gym and lift. I simply work and want to work without having to stop and eat.

Finding a protein shake to suit my needs was difficult. The first task was to cut through all the technical jargon. The second was to understand what the contents of each brand/product delivered. Some powders have no vitamins, some are chock full. Some powders use a less expensive whey protein, some use soy-based protein. Almost all of them have additional ingredients tailored for various stages of the weight lifter's regimen.

After trying Smoothie King's powder (a decent blend), I tried GNC Pro Performance® AMP Amplified 100% Whey Protein-Vanilla 2 lb(s) and really enjoyed the flavor. However, it does not contain vitamins. It's strictly a protein powder.

I wanted a powder with more nutrition (vitamins, minerals), and one that used the best whey protein isolate. I've found it with this Pro Complex powder. It's tasty, blends easily and makes for a great start to my day.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, March 19, 2009
I ordered the chocolate as well. I use this for hot cocoa but you have to be careful when mixing because it has egg albumin that will curdle if too hot. The vanilla mixes well into instant pudding if you want something different than a protein drink.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great complex muscle-building protein, October 3, 2011
Jacob Heller (El Paso, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Pro Complex has (as far as I can tell) a great protein blend. It's got free-form amino acids, vitamins and minerals, digestive enzymes and protein. Lots of it. Two scoops (1 serving) gives you 60g of protein,those enzymes, a good vitamin profile, 10+g of glutamine and precursors. It's got "eight sources of protein" including fast hydrolyzed whey, egg albumin, and whey isolate. I'm no chemist, but everything I've read about this blend is top notch.

Compared to Gaspari MyoFusion (which is a competing blend protein) Pro Complex has less fat, more sodium, a few more vitamins and minerals (including B6 & B12) and a smidgen more protein when compared at similar serving sizes. I'd guess that Pro Complex might be a little better if you're cutting, while the fat in MyoFusion might be more beneficial for a bulk. One thing Pro Complex lacks (again compared to MyoFusion) is a lipid complex (sunflower and flax seed oil). All in all, they're both great blends.

Now, I got the vanilla flavor, thinking it would be the least offensive flavor (and possibly the best to mix with other things, in smoothies, etc.) and by the time I got down to the bottom of the tub I was really pretty sick of "creamy vanilla". In mixed fruit smoothies, the flavor stood out, even in small quantities and I tried mixing it with coconut milk, regular milk, water and even almond milk and I ended up chugging the water mixture more often then not because it was the thinnest (and thus easiest to gulp down.) I have no idea what the other flavors taste like, but I'd caution against the vanilla if you're investing in larger quantities of the stuff. YMMV.

The 4.6lb tub that lasted me about two months (one month with light use of 3-4 (1/2 serving) shakes a week, while the second month I had 5-10 (1 serving) shakes a week).

Mixability is awesome compared to other proteins. This is definitely easy to mix in a shaker or blender. Without a doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars more protein, less sugar!, January 24, 2010
Best value and quality of any protein I've tried in quite a while. First off, no bloated feeling like with other brand, way easy to digest. Second, love the balance of Bcaa's' carbs, etc! Most importantly, I can take it at night with out worrying about sleepless nights. I highly recommend this for hard gainers

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, December 15, 2008
Dalaimoma (Far and away) - See all my reviews
My husband has been drinking protein shakes for years. We found this brand about ten years ago, best tasting and highest protein content we've found in powder form. This brand was hard to find before the on-line purchasing availability. We paid alot more back then, compared to what we used to pay this is a deal! My husband drinks several a day, just with water or sometimes nonfat milk. We also like to mix it in with smoothies to boost the protein content when adding fruit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, April 24, 2014
I am using this protein from the past one year!!! It's just awesome!!! Seriously go for it!!! U will never be disappointed

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 3, 2014
Good protein suplement i like it very much, but i like to try with diferents brands

4.0 out of 5 stars protien powder, January 25, 2014
after having gastric surgery a lot of extra protein is required in your diet. I have tried several different brands. these are very high in protein, mix very well, and for the price I am getting 2 times the amount of powder than what I can buy at local health stores. adding different fruits and powder drink mixes give a good variety of flavors

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product no clumps so far :), November 26, 2013
great product, lots and lots of protein compared to many powders i have tried and very well priced. Switched from muscle milk temporarily. mixes well no clumps and more than half way done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Supplements, November 16, 2013
Pro complex is a high protein powder that supplements as a meal. it is good in vanilla and chocolate and it meets your needs for a balanced supplemental shake

Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex, Creamy Vanilla, 4.6 Pound