5.0 out of 5 stars best protein, but read the label
Published on December 19, 2010 by Doc Evers

3.0 out of 5 stars Compared to other Optimum Nutrition Natural products the taste is horrible!!!
Great protein. Terrible aftertaste. I've used many Optimum nutrition Natural line of products and this one tastes by far the worst. This is also by far the most expensive which is extremely disappointing. Supposedly to keep sugars down they went with stevia as a sweetener which leaves a terrible aftertaste. It is a complete chore to drink. The honey powder and cane juice...
Published 14 months ago by Christopher Hines

5.0 out of 5 stars best protein, but read the label, December 19, 2010
I've used so many different brands of protein: MuscleTech, Muscle Milk, BSN and GNC. Optimum beats them all. Especially this bad boy. But before you get hyped about the ingredients, read the label. Yes, there is 60 grams per serving, but the serving is two scoops, with a larger scoop than in standard whey. Still, when split in half, 30 grams per is better than Gold Standard's (GS) 24. Also, more BCAA's in each scoop as compared to GS. Just a heads up, though, consider the capacity in which you'll use this, as it is a blend of Whey and Egg and other sources. There is soy in the ingredients, but as soy lecithin. I use it as a daytime protein, and drink casein or syntha-6 before sleep. Noticeable improvement in recovery, and has put more weight on me than the others have. Not as cheap as GS, but higher quality. Tastes great in milk, tastes decent in water, mixes great in both. Five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nutritional and filling shake, March 31, 2010
This is my second Optimum Nutrition product which I have purchased. I previously bought the Optimum Nutrition Natural Whey Protein which was absolutely superb. Here's a comparison of the two

Natural Pro Complex
- Has a mixed source of protein
- Has got essential nutrients
- Fills up a little hunger
- Higher amount of amino acids

100% Natural Whey Gold Standard
- Tastes much better
- Absorbs much faster
- Vegetarian

If you ask me, I would say 100% Natural Whey Gold Standard alone is enough for post workout supplementation. I take Natural Pro Complex sometimes to satisfy the minimum amount of protein needed daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars A combo with no fake sugars, March 18, 2012
I did research to find a powder that offered me protein from multiple sources, without any artificial sweetening, colors or flavors. That was a tall order. I've used other Optimum Nutrition products in the past for other uses, and I know that other may use this for purposes but I use this as a supplement in a vegetarian diet to ensure that I get enough protein (along with other sources of course). This product also serves as a meal replacement. It aides to keep me full which assists in weight maintenance (two scoops, 1 c. skim milk, ice, banana for variety and assorted supplements etc). Yum! I can only speak for my own diet and calories etc as to the outcome.
Over all I am happy with my use, and I have just purchased my third tub. This product does what I need it to do: combo protein source, meal supplement that fills me up for an extended period of time, no artificial anything & it tastes good.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all I ever wanted from a protein shake!, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Optimum Nutrition Natural Pro Complex, Vanilla, 4.6 Pound (Health and Beauty)
In a world where too many different ingredients are used, most of which are unfamiliar to many ppl, and none of which are evaluated or endorsed by the FDA, one shake took a stand and said, "Just try me!" Seriously, who hasn't read or heard rumors about bizarre or fatal side effects when it comes to the vast usage of supplements, muscle enhancers or testosterone boosters? I know I've seen it in my life even before I left high school(6 years ago) and since made it a point to watch what I use, which isn't much these days. I give this 5 stars for Amazon's low price(making it affordable for me), the acceptable-pretty good vanilla taste/consistency(as far as protein shake tastes go and considering it is all natural), and the amazing nutritional value. I'm a hard-gainer so I need a serious shake mix and this one brings it BUT without the extra fat either like most gainer or pro complex shakes. Also the company, ON, pretty much dominates when it comes to supplement awards; so people's choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars 56% PRICE HIKE IN 6 WEEKS, May 13, 2014
Amazon Customer "fletch1002" (Gainesville, FL HOME OF THE GATORS) - See all my reviews
I last purchased this on March 25 and it was $58, and had been $58 or less for at least 6 months. I go to reorder last week and it was $83, I check again today and it is $90?! Looks like I'll be purchasing it elsewhere.

As far as the protein it is a fantastic product. I have been drinking Pro Complex Natural since 2006 (or earlier) every day for breakfast with no worries about long term effects of artificial ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great source of protein for vegetarian diabetics, March 18, 2010
I am a non-insulin dependent type II diabetic and follow a mostly vegetarian diet. I have found this all natural Optimum Nutrition protein supplement to be a great source for supplementing my otherwise protein-meager diet. I feel a lot more energetic throughout the day. It has made a big difference in my daily activity level. My wife now takes it as well. This is a great product and taste is not bad either. I usually take a scoop of the protein powder and mix it with half a glass each of water and orange juice. I used to buy it at the local GNC store but found that it is significantly cheaper to buy it through Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, March 10, 2014
Tastes great, dissolves easily, and is a great all-one-protein. I noticed no real taste difference between this and the regular Pro Complex. More carbs in the natural.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 13, 2013
If it were cheaper i would give it 5 stars. I do love this stuff though. If it were organic it would be the best out there

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the stuff, hate the price, June 4, 2014
I LOVE this protein out of everything I've tried. I remember buying it back in October '13 close to $53. I've finally used it all, and I come back to buy another and the price has jumped to $120! This is absolutely the best lean protein you can find on the market. You pay for what you get. I just wish I had known, so I would've stockpiled on this before the price skyrocketed. I'll be looking for this stuff elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, though you pay for it..., March 3, 2014
Since I use Stevia in many things that require a sweetener, I found this product to be not only delicious, but completely easy on my stomach. It contains very high quality ingredients, and essentially has no peer in the meal replacement category. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. This stuff is fantastic.