Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on June 9, 2014
Just picked up the new bottle of 150 count and it seems that there's been a formula change. The main difference is that there is 300% more vitamin D, but we've lost a bunch of other useful things.

New Formula Has...(new versus old)
+ Vitamin D 300% more daily value (1500 IU (375% daily value) versus 300IU (75% daily value)).
- Calcium dropped 15% (50mg versus 200mg)
- Magnesium dropped 5% (80mg versus 100mg)
- Zinc dropped 100% (15mg versus 30mg)
- Manganese dropped 150% (2mg versus 5mg)
- Amino Blend dropped 20% (800mg versus 1g)
- Phyto Men Blend dropped 100mg versus 240mg
- Viri Men Blend dropped 50mg versus 525mg
- Silica dropped altogether 0 versus 5mg
review image review image
1717 comments434 of 471 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 2, 2014
This is the perfect multivitamin for guys. I love that it has so many micro-nutrients that you might normally not get in an average diet. There is enzymes in this too which will help you break down the big meals you as a MAN will eat. This is definitely a part of my workout regimen, I also take a simple whey protein (usually just the cheapest one, I don't find any differences between brands), and Naturabest Garcinia Cambogia, which helps curb my appetite so I don't gain weight from overeating after my workouts.
44 comments735 of 855 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2011
So, I like the MultiVitamin, I feel a little more energized and a little less sleepy all the time but it does have a weird side effect for me (other than the highlighter pee).

2500% of your RDA for Vitamin B6 results in some VIVID dreams. I wouldn't even mention it except for the first week I was taking these I woke up EVERY NIGHT with some horror movie plot of a nightmare.

So, if you get these pills and you start having vivid dreams, you aren't the only one.

Cheers,
Leo

PS: I hope the dreams stop soon, I don't think I can keep out running that clown.
4545 comments591 of 742 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2012
CAUTION: This product covers all that you need and a little more, in fact, I'd say taking the recommended dose (3 a day) is big-time overkill. One a day is more than enough, you have to take into account that you'll be getting plenty of the included nutrients in your meals. Even if you are a gym rat, one pill a day in conjunction with 4-6 meals a day and protein shakes is perfect. Also take note of the vitamin A, D, E, and K concentrations. You will be getting high doses if you take 3 pills, and that can actually be very dangerous. These are fat-soluble vitamins and you're body will store these in your liver if you take too much. So although you feel great and energized, and see no harm in taking 3, 20 years down the road you might run into some serious medical problems. You should always drink plenty of water, but make sure you definitely do so with this supplement, you want to minimize any stress on your body, and drinking plenty of water will do the trick. Also, do not worry if you pee highlighter yellow, it is normal with this product because it contains Vitamin B2 (also known as riboflavin) this is water soluble and any excess will simply be flushed out through your system. Initially I was worried, because I thought I wasn't drinking enough water and hence my pee was yellow, but after researching and talking to a friend of mine who is a physician, my mind was put to ease. He laughed and told me it was the vitamin B2 and it was normal! Regardless, drink plenty of water. This is the perfect product for men, as a daily supplement, simply for a healthy lifestyle or for working out and getting big. Whichever your case may be, I strongly advise taking only 1 pill daily.

Be strong, be healthy
-Goku
1919 comments449 of 567 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
Weightlifter Perspective: this is a good multi that I prefer to Animal Paks (both because of results and fewer/smaller pills). I'm not sure, but I think it may be at least partly responsible for particularly ferocious boners. I'm around 220 lb and I take 2/3 of the recommended dose. Would rate 5 stars but I've read the 1 star reviews and am slightly worried that this product will kill me. But, ferocious boners.
88 comments179 of 233 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2012
First off, I am not a nutritional expert, I don't work in the field, and I don't even play a doctor on TV.

Secondly, I am very happy with this multi-vitamin. Over the years I've bought a bottle of vitamins here, a bottle there, tried several brands, and never noticed anything from taking a single one. I'm a few months into an improvement in my lifestyle and I wanted a solid multi-vitamin to supplement what will always be a less than ideal diet. After doing some research I bought my first bottle of Opti-Men and for the first time was happy with a vitamin supplement.

I find that I have more "clean" energy throughout the day (as opposed to relying on something like caffeine), and it may be my imagination but I feel sharper mentally as well. It may also be the B-Vitamins. I haven't missed a day in two months, but when I missed a couple days between bottles I found I was dragging a little bit.

Things to expect:
- Taking three pills in a day, at the same times every day, is hard to maintain. I'll never take all three at once, but if I miss my morning or lunch pill I'm not afraid to take two at once.
- Taking anything high in B-Vitamins can cause almost neon-like urine. Don't be alarmed, this is normal. As with normal every day life, make sure to drink tons of water.

I won't say vitamin supplements are for everyone, and I won't claim to know which blends of what are best for whom, but after doing a bunch of research I ended up with the first multi I've ever been happy with.
on February 6, 2011
I used to take Animal Pak, and it's a great product, but I decided to give these Opti-men pills a try because I got sick of taking 11 pills a day. Some of the Animal Pak pills are quite big and difficult to swallow as well. You only need to take 3 of these Opti-men pills to get the full dosage and they're reasonably easy to take.

Unfortunately, you really can't "feel" a multi at work so I can't comment on whether they're "working" or not. All you can gauge is the contents of the pills, and the cost per pill. I take 2 per day, so at 180 per jar, they should last me about 4 months. Given their potency, that's pretty good for the price.
22 comments5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2010
Very good vitamin. It was all the essential vitamins and minerals and then some! The suggested daily serving is 3 pills but I find that even with just one pill my urine is already coming out fluorescent colored due to the vitamins potency. So you'll be fine just taking 1 or 2 pills a day.
on June 20, 2012
In the past, I've had trouble taking multivitamins, as they always seemed to make me feel nauseous. I decided to give this product a try, and though I only take it once every few days or so, I have yet to experience any digestive side effects.

As others have mentioned, this will indeed turn your urine a bright yellow-green color.

Finally, the most interesting side effect for me is the vivid dreams. Others seem to view this as a negative, however I quite enjoy it. I've never had a dream or even a nightmare that I didn't enjoy after waking up and reflecting on it. I view dreams as a fascinating exploration of the subconscious, and am happy to report that this product does seem to greatly increase the number of dreams that I am able to recall after waking. But I suppose if you are particularly disturbed by dreaming, then you might want to avoid taking this in the evening.
on December 22, 2013
One thing you'll find these days, is the highest quality products aren't going to be found at your local Wal-Mart. Partly because of demand, mostly because of profit made because of low costs/high volume. Luckily for us, this is a high quality vitamin that isn't at Wal-Mart. Having used some of ON's other products, I know that they generally are the brand with superior products at a reasonable price.

All in all, I've been taking this for close to a month now. Whether I can notice a night and day difference in my life is too hard to tell. I know I have put on a little extra muscle, and have lost some body fat. Whether or not this was contributed is beyond me. The only side effect I have noticed is highlighter yellow pee.

Many people like to laugh down from their high horse that they do not need vitamins, because they just get them from their food. If you look at all of the ingredients included, there are so few people that get these in their diet on a consistent basis.

My biggest problem with this product is the recommended 3 servings per day. That is absurdly high, and even dangerous. Even 2 is too many. Some vitamins are known to cause health issues if over consumed. Stick to 1 a day.