5.0 out of 5 stars Very good heater and fan.
This is the second time I've purchased this same fan. When the first one wore out (after about three years of constant use) I decided to purchase the exact same model again. My favorite feature is that the heater will click off when it senses the room has reached a certain temperature.
Published 14 months ago by SRM!

2.0 out of 5 stars warms you up but not quite worth buying
Published on October 28, 2008 by matthew's mom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars warms you up but not quite worth buying, October 28, 2008
This review is from: Optimus H-1382 Portable 2-Speed Oscillating Fan Heater with Thermostat (Kitchen)
This fan works great to heat up a room but it does have its draw backs. The multiple temp settings and high/low fan setting are a plus. One of the things that I was looking for in a heater was oscillation and this one has it, but the problem is that it doesn't shutoff when the fan shuts off. It just keeps on oscillating! You have to manually switch it on/off. It is also a little on the noisy side and makes a slight popping sound as it turns from side to side. Safety feature-wise, it does shut off immediately if tipped over but does not shut off if covered. There is a warning on the box that items can burst into flames if placed on or too close to the heater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good heater and fan., September 23, 2013
SRM! (San Francisco, CA, USA) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke in three months, March 24, 2012
This heater was working for only 3 months. Then it broke. But it has a one year warranty. So I sent it to the company and they replaced it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Little Heaters, November 28, 2013
We have a number of these little Optimus Oscillating heaters and find that these are very good little heaters that quickly warm a small room. They have a thermostat were you can set the heat to maintain the desired temperation (not by degree but by cooler to warmer) and there are four settings - Off, fan, low heat & high heat. There is also an on/off switch for the oscilate function. An excellent feature is the safety tip over switch on the bottom, which will quickly shut off the unit should it tip over. Keep in mind that this switch is very sensitive as it should be, so avoid placing on thick or shag carpets.
We have owned these heaters for two or three years and all of them continue to work perfectly. If you are looking for an inexpensive blower heater to supplement the heat in your home or office, or to quickly heat a small room these are definitely worthy of consideration.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not alot of heat from this, December 18, 2011
I have one of these in my office, which is very cold in the winter time (it used to be a sunporch and although closed in, it's still not very warm). I honestly don't find this to be very noisy, though others have stated that they think it is.

The oscillating feature is nice I suppose, but honestly, it doesn't blow out alot of heat. My daughter and son-in-law have several of the Holmes versions and I find them much better. And they are less expensive than this one.

@

3.0 out of 5 stars Optimus H-1382 Portable Heater, June 19, 2014
I got what I needed. It give enough heat. Take a very little space. It is good for a small room or office cubicle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, April 29, 2014
I bought 3 of these heaters for my cabin rentals in the spring and fall. They keep the 10 by 14' cabins toasty warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well and kept us warm!, April 15, 2014
We've used these for 2 months now, almost every day, to heat our house. The propane got too expensive, so this was a replacement. So far, no problem. All four work exactly as advertised.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, February 24, 2014
This heater might work okay in a very small room without any draft. The airflow is not very strong at all but what little air that does come out is hot enough. It is not strong enough to warm my very small garage but I will keep it for emergencies as I have lost heat a few times over the last several years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little heater., February 23, 2014
My Optimus heater has proven to be a great buy. It's efficient, dependable, just the right size, easy to clean with a can of compressed air, now if I could only get it back from my wife...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›