From the Back Cover
A down-to-earth guide for understanding, trading, and making money from options
Do you want to learn how to use options without getting lost in confusing theories and complicated math? Options Demystified takes the mystery out of options, providing you with concise descriptions of various option strategies and the basic knowledge you need to execute basic stock and commodity options trades. It also includes some of the more complex techniques like covered calls, spreads, straddles and hedges, and more.
This unique, step-by-step guide uses short, snappy explanations and easy-to-understand examples--along with chapter-ending quizzes and a 50-question final exam--to give you the confidence you need to begin trading options like a pro. More important, the author reveals the psychological side of trading, so you keep a clear head in the heat of trading. You'll know why today's smartest investors and traders rely on the versatility of the options marketplace--and how you can too!
Look inside for hands-on details including:
- What kind of person makes the most successful options trader
- The pitfalls and mistakes that cost traders valuable time and money
- Types of options-- stock, index, currency, financial futures, commodity, dealer, real estate, and employee incentive
- Puts versus calls, buying versus selling, which to use, why, and when
- Increasing income and limiting risk by selling covered options
- The risk and reward of selling naked options and why this strategy is so dangerous
- The importance of time and intrinsic value, and how to measure them using the delta factor
- Rules governing price change--volatility, probability, and profitability
- LEAPS, the Forex market, commodities and financial futures, and sample strategies to play these markets
About the Author
Thomas McCafferty has been involved in the futures business since 1973. He is a Registered Stock Broker and a Registered Securities Options Principal. Recently, he was Marketing Manager at Evergreen Group, Inc. Before that he oversaw a branch office for Wasendorf & Son Company, an introducing broker, and managed its marketing efforts. He is the author of several books, including All About Futures, All About Commodities, and In-House Telemarketing: A Master Plan for Starting and Managing a Profitable Telemarketing Program. He is currently working on All About Options, 2nd edition.